Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,252
    vCash
    7010

    Do the Pacers have the least amount of major injuries among all contenders in the NBA

    SAS lost Splitter and Parker for significant time.

    OKC lost Westbrook for significant time.

    GSW lost Igoudala for significant time.

    Houston lost Patrick Beverely among others for significant time.

    Miami has Wade dealing with injuries and rest and he has missed a lot of games this season because of that.

    BKY lost Lopez and Deron Williams for significant time. I know they aren't contenders now but they were seen as a borderline contender prior to the season.

    NYK lost Chandler for significant time...same as BKY in terms of being contenders.

    Memphis lost Marc Gasol for significant time.

    LAC lost CP3 for significant time.

    Chicago lost Rose for significant time.

    *I'm not including Portland only cause they weren't a team that was seen as contenders before the season began.

    The only player that's part of the rotation for Indiana and has missed time has been Danny Granger. But he really hasn't been that major for the Pacers for more than a year now. He doesn't even start on the Pacers and while he plays 22 mins a game, he averages 9 pts on awful shooting for the season.

    Crazy how while it seems like almost every team in the league is dealing with major injuries, the league best Pacers haven't gotten the injury bug.
    Last edited by sunsfan88; 01-23-2014 at 05:13 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ohio
    Posts
    1,944
    vCash
    1500
    Don't jinx it! They need every player if they are going to beat Miami. Injuries are lame, regardless. Hopefully Granger can help, or gets healthy enough to be traded.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    san diego
    Posts
    4,482
    vCash
    1500
    Granger was a huge piece before he got injured, he's a legitimate all star caliber player when healthy. Who knows how good they could be or what they would have done last year with him completely healthy. Even if he came off the bench, which is a small weak point for Indy would've done wonders.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    1,502
    vCash
    1500
    Pacers deserve it after having Granger be injury prone for several years. Just because they have been good without him, doesn't mean they're better without him.
    Pitches Thrown: 239 Strikes: 145
    15.1 INN 9 K 4 BB
    1 W 1 L 0.59ERA
    Joe "The Bunter" Kelly

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,374
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    Don't jinx it! They need every player if they are going to beat Miami. Injuries are lame, regardless. Hopefully Granger can help, or gets healthy enough to be traded.
    No they dont. They need the NBA to keep things fair. The Pacers should have won last year. Dumb coaching and terrible officiating cost them. But George wasnt ready last year. I see them beating The Heat this year. They are just to deep. Pacers should win it all this year.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Delray Beach , FL
    Posts
    326
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez:27841921
    Quote Originally Posted by kobe4thewinbang View Post
    Don't jinx it! They need every player if they are going to beat Miami. Injuries are lame, regardless. Hopefully Granger can help, or gets healthy enough to be traded.
    No they dont. They need the NBA to keep things fair. The Pacers should have won last year. Dumb coaching and terrible officiating cost them. But George wasnt ready last year. I see them beating The Heat this year. They are just to deep. Pacers should win it all this year.
    Yes they do need every player just like Miami needs every player to beat Indy. Also your correct that Indy could beat Miami and I wouldn't be surprised. As far as officiating being blamed that's whining, that's The Young and The Restless shiz .... go grab a Kleenex.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Heartland of Basketball
    Posts
    2,749
    vCash
    1500
    Granger was clearly the best player when he went down. I know that his injury actually helped us get to where we are, but it was still a pretty major injury.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    3,135
    vCash
    1500
    lol @ mentioning beverly as a significant piece but not granger.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Posts
    1,485
    vCash
    1500
    George Hill missed 3 games but yeah they have been pretty injury free for most of the year. So what?

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    5,374
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Delrayhc View Post
    Yes they do need every player just like Miami needs every player to beat Indy. Also your correct that Indy could beat Miami and I wouldn't be surprised. As far as officiating being blamed that's whining, that's The Young and The Restless shiz .... go grab a Kleenex.
    I used to say the same thing when my Lakers were beating teams and benefiting from questionable calls. Once the Heat go back to being nothing, you will be saying the same thing I am while watching games with no bias.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    1,349
    vCash
    1500
    i hope miami can beat indiana this year but my hope fades with each game the heat give up more then 110 points once again

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Southern CA
    Posts
    16,060
    vCash
    11440
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    I used to say the same thing when my Lakers were beating teams and benefiting from questionable calls. Once the Heat go back to being nothing, you will be saying the same thing I am while watching games with no bias.
    You mean how Hibberr bangs people with his body but get away with it cause his hands are up? You are a pure example of being a hater. You will dig as deep as you can to hate on something. Miami wasn't even getting the benefit ofbtje calls last year.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Delray Beach , FL
    Posts
    326
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez:27842663
    Quote Originally Posted by Delrayhc View Post
    Yes they do need every player just like Miami needs every player to beat Indy. Also your correct that Indy could beat Miami and I wouldn't be surprised. As far as officiating being blamed that's whining, that's The Young and The Restless shiz .... go grab a Kleenex.
    I used to say the same thing when my Lakers were beating teams and benefiting from questionable calls. Once the Heat go back to being nothing, you will be saying the same thing I am while watching games with no bias.
    to

    Really because I've been watching the nba 20 plus years and I have never blamed losses or wins by any team on any officiating bias. Sure great players get the benefit of the doubt more so than the other players but I don't believe in officials favoring one team over another not even the Lakers when they're on top.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Indianapolis
    Posts
    1,948
    vCash
    1500
    Lets hope it stays that way.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,252
    vCash
    7010
    Quote Originally Posted by blahblahyoutoo View Post
    lol @ mentioning beverly as a significant piece but not granger.
    Beverley is the Rockets 4th best and 4th most important player.

    Granger isn't even top 5-6 for Indiana. Not a knock on Granger, the Pacers are just that stacked.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •