Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Bill Belichick: Welker deliberately took out Talib

Darryl
    Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507682257

vCash

I dont think he deliberately injured talib but it was a deliberate pick which led to an injury, when u lower your body bracing for a hit, you plan on making contact, which i believe cost us any shot at winning, if you watch it, welker was originally running a post route then he turns directly into talibs path and lowers his body.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Petertherock View Post
    Thoughts?...
    no....
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Welker blocked Talib before the ball was caught. It was blatant offensive PI. I don't think there was intent to cause injury though. I think Welker just mistimed the play and blocked too early. I thought BB making this comment was in real poor taste. As a fan I'm very disappointed in BB for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    I agree that I don't think he was trying to cause injury, but I thought it should have been a penalty. I do also agree that this was a huge blow to the Pats and may have had an impact on the game. The decision to forgo to make able field goals though, in my opinion, was a bigger reason. I'm surprised Bill said this because I think it's beneath him to behave that way, but I guess frustration spilled over and clouded his normally better judgement.

vCash
    I think personal hatred for Welker clouded his judgement. BB does not ****ing like that guy. I wonder if we'll ever get the behind the scenes stuff on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Haha View Post
    What I feel right now is like the satisfaction you feel when a highly judgmental, moralistic televangelist gets caught screwing a male hooker.
    NE Patriots Forum HOF (Class of 2011)

Trill Team

vCash
    Not meant to injure, but he definitely meant to hit him.

Edelman did the same thing the series before or after to DRC, and it was called offensive PI though....wonder why same call wasn't made here.

vCash

Because in the NFL Peyton manning teams get all the calls. Im not saying Brady doesnt get calls but the NFL wants manning to be the greatest ever so he gets every call. Honestly i watched that game they let Denver get away with a lot especially the line but they seemed to make ever tickytack call on us. The only calls they called on denver were the blatant ones. Dont know what their excuse is thou for not calling offensive PI on Welker thou. Im not saying the game was decided by the refs, we deserved to lose with the way our offense played and how our defense gave up 8 min drives but it doesnt help when u know they will call everything on u.

I dont hate peyton manning but i just feel like the NFL has already given him the title of GOAT, when there is a QB named brady who has 3 times as many rings almost triple the amount of superbowl appearances, better playoff record, better career winning percentage, and who did this all in bad weather with far less talent then manning has had! It just seems like the NFL wants manning in the superbowl, considering he is their poster child! It just irritates me!

Now what bugs me even more is they are saying that if he wins this superbowl he will officially be the greatest ever WTF! He still has 1 less ring then brady 2 less superbowl appearances , 2less rings then montana and manning has a superbowl loss. How will he be the greatest ever, i like manning but if he was the QB of this patriots team this year i doubt they would have made the playoffs! Manning has never played without all pros receivers and a line that constantly gives up sacks on 3rd downs. Im just saying!
    Last edited by JerseyBrave; 01-21-2014 at 12:28 AM.

vCash
    It's just like my friend said, they know this is probably Manning's last year and they want to give him a retire-ring...just like they did for Ray Lewis last year!

Darryl
    Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507682257

vCash

Just watch thou give him the ring and watch the coronation of the manning the greatest QB of all time, you will never hear the end of it.

vCash
    I said it immediately after the play, and a bunch of the guys I was watching with called me a homer. He targeted Talib's known hip problem, lowered himself to make the block well before D. Thomas had the ball. It was cheap and deliberate IMO but hey he got away with it and the Broncos won.

vCash
    I'm starting to think this is BB standing up for his players in the media and nothing else.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hugepatsfan View Post
    I think personal hatred for Welker clouded his judgement. BB does not ****ing like that guy. I wonder if we'll ever get the behind the scenes stuff on that.
    I already talked about this a few times. Welker was a notorious:

club house lawyer
    joke cracker
    practical joker
    meeting interrupter

he was as bad or worse than Vrabel, the prior champion cut up, who when he couldn't bring it anymore was dealt away - just like Welker was let go.

In addition Welker made public comments well in excess of what Vrabel did - certainly enough to annoy BB as he showed when he was briefly benched over "footgate", and don't forget there were some public sniping over Welker's contract more than a year before he signed his extension which BB obviously hates.

BB clearly sees Welker as a once talented guy that kept scrapping at BB in a number of ways. BB had enough at about the same instant he figured out Welker was becoming too much of risk for dropping passes/concussions/missing games.

I'm a Pats and BB fan before any player, I wanted Welker gone, I'm glad he's gone, he's got very little time left in the NFL IMO. I think BB could have just sent tapes to the league, going public - I dunno. Maybe his plan is to take the blame off the team for himself. It might work, most fans and and many people in the game hate BB.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Patriot Pride View Post
    I'm starting to think this is BB standing up for his players in the media and nothing else.
    I just read this after my last post. Yes, seems quite possible.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Belichick is just a sore loser.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast