Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Salary Cap Outlook ...

Feel free to combine with the offseason thread but I thought it would be nice to have a separate thread pertaining to the Niners Cap Outlook.

Here is a link discussing some escalator clauses that will in kick in for certain players next season.

http://www.ninersnation.com/2014/1/2...ary-escalators

From the sounds of things, the Niners can free up a good amount of space by cutting Rogers and Baldwin. They can also look to restructure some contracts (Gore,Willis,Brooks) although I'm not sure they have the leverage to do so.

What moves do you see the F/O making ?
    Who stays and who goes ?
    Who takes a pay cut ?

vCash
    Personally,

I cut:

Rogers
    Baldwin

Resign:

Dawson
    Wright
    Whitner
    Wilhoite
    Osgood

Extend:

Crabtree
    Kaepernick 5/55

Obviously I would love to resign Boldin, but I don't see that has a realistic possibility if you want to retain Crabs. I also don't think the Niners will retain Iupati when his contract expires.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mudvayne387 View Post
    Personally,

I cut:

Rogers
    Baldwin

Resign:

Dawson
    Wright
    Whitner
    Wilhoite
    Osgood

Extend:

Crabtree
    Kaepernick 5/55

Obviously I would love to resign Boldin, but I don't see that has a realistic possibility if you want to retain Crabs. I also don't think the Niners will retain Iupati when his contract expires.
    I dont think so either. He's a little overrated, and seems to be a little fragile. And i think boldin will be back.

vCash
    Cut: Gore, Rogers...Saving roughly 9 million for that.

Renegotiate: Vernon Davis

Let Walk: Whitner, Boldin

Resign: Our special team guys

Sign: T.J. Ward (if he isn't franchised) if he is, bring Whitner back.

Draft: Benjamin Wr, Joyner Cb, Robinson Wr, Fiedorowicz TE, Boyd Qb
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    I think Boldin will be back, I think he wants to be back so maybe he will take a reasonable team friendly contract

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SFGIANTSFAN32 View Post
    I think Boldin will be back, I think he wants to be back so maybe he will take a reasonable team friendly contract
    He seems like that but looking back at last year he won a Super Bowl with a team he was with a couple years and wouldn't take a pay cut.

vCash
    I doubt we cut Gore.... we may restructure though as he is due 3.2million in bonuses. Rogers, Baldwin, Whitner, Goodwin, and Brown will probably be gone though.

I think Boldin resigns for cheaper than he was this season. We will also resign Dawson if he doesn't retire.
    49ers, Athletics, Warriors = Life!

49ers = 12-4
    Warriors = 51-31 Making it rain!
    A's = 59-36 Back to Back AL West Champs!
    WINNING!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigmac8675 View Post
    I doubt we cut Gore.... we may restructure though as he is due 3.2million in bonuses. Rogers, Baldwin, Whitner, Goodwin, and Brown will probably be gone though.

I think Boldin resigns for cheaper than he was this season. We will also resign Dawson if he doesn't retire.
    I agree about Gore, he will at least be here another year, but his work load must be cut down. Goodwin is as good as gone as is Brown,Baldwin, and Manningham.

If Boldin will accept a two year deal worth 4-5 million then I think the Niners pull the trigger and worry about the cap ramifications next year. I think the writing is on the wall for Iupati to become a free agent. When they extended Davis and not Iupati, it made me believe we might be a little higher on him than the F/O.

Kaepernick's deal will be the ultimate factor. Anything over 12 million/year and you will see some big names not being re-signed (Aldon Smith, Michael Crabtree, ETC ...) Of course most successful teams have to deal with these types of situations, but it's no coincidence that in recent history most Super Bowl winners have had young QB's playing with team friendly contracts (Flacco, Manning, Rodgers).

vCash
    I think it'd be a mistake to not cut Gore.
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

vCash
    Yeah, unfortunately Gore showed hes not an every down back anymore..wayyy too slow.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Cut: Gore, Rogers...Saving roughly 9 million for that.

Renegotiate: Vernon Davis

Let Walk: Whitner, Boldin

Resign: Our special team guys

Sign: T.J. Ward (if he isn't franchised) if he is, bring Whitner back.

Draft: Benjamin Wr, Joyner Cb, Robinson Wr, Fiedorowicz TE, Boyd Qb
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Cut Gore AND Boldin? Lay off the bath salts.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Cut Gore AND Boldin? Lay off the bath salts.
    This is not the off season/make a wish thread. This was supposed to be a "salary cap" thread to discuss what players can/should be retained with future considerations in mind.

Honestly, if Gore won't restructure I think he will be gone. I also don't think the 49ers are going to shell out 6+ million/year for a 33 year old WR (as good as he was for us).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hamburger View Post
    Really? Crabtree back, draft 2 receivers, get arguably the best SS in football to put on our elite defense to make it even better....and I'm on bath salts?

I really don't know why I respond to you...you have the smarts of a gnat, and never know what you're talking about

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    Really? Crabtree back, draft 2 receivers, get arguably the best SS in football to put on our elite defense to make it even better....and I'm on bath salts?

I really don't know why I respond to you...you have the smarts of a gnat, and never know what you're talking about
    Too many people believe that players will assumedly take the cheap team friendly deal. What happens if a team with a solid playoff caliber team offers him more than we do? I never count FAs as back until they actually are.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Too many people believe that players will assumedly take the cheap team friendly deal. What happens if a team with a solid playoff caliber team offers him more than we do? I never count FAs as back until they actually are.
    Lol but its the stupidest thing he has ever heard! Just ignorant people...

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast