Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Is Mike Gillis happy?

Canucks were soft and went to SC Final. Now they’re tough and galvanized and in 8th place. Okay...
    https://twitter.com/dowbboy/status/425408825416372224

Gillis wanted to make this team tougher, which it is. but he sacrificed skill/scoring to do so. Does he regret going in this direction?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    No. It is kind of a true reset at opposed to a rebuild. When healthy this team can be a dark horse. Schroeder coming back could be huge. Finally 4 down the middle and Schroeder as the 3rd line C could add some much needed offense. Stanton is back. Things are only gonna get better from here. Also Kassian is actually plying better than Hodgson.

vCash

Is Mike Gillis happy?

Hodgson is just coming off an injury isn't he? It's hard to imagine that this team can be seen as successful as a gritty team or a finesse team. Either way if they can't score they cant win . They haven't been able to score in about three years. How many years does a GM get to realize that?

vCash
    Yes Hodgson is but he also gets to play in the top line and in every offensive situation. Don't get me wrong, this team has been brutal scoring but I like the philosophy and the style of play. On a side note:

It is time for the Canucks and Oilers to make a trade. I have been saying this for way too long but trade Edler + for Eberle. It makes too much sense so it will never happen but does this not make both teams better?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    Yes Hodgson is but he also gets to play in the top line and in every offensive situation. Don't get me wrong, this team has been brutal scoring but I like the philosophy and the style of play. On a side note:

It is time for the Canucks and Oilers to make a trade. I have been saying this for way too long but trade Edler + for Eberle. It makes too much sense so it will never happen but does this not make both teams better?
    I doubt Edler would waive his NTC for that.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash

Is Mike Gillis happy?

Does anyone still believe Gillis has a vision for the team at all?

vCash
    I think Torts has a clearer vision than Gillis at this point.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pfeifer View Post
    I think Torts has a clearer vision than Gillis at this point.
    No doubt at all.

vCash
    The core is fine, says Mike G. They can't score, but they're fine. Danny looks like he's 85, but they're fine. Burrows can't hit the ocean off a pier, but the core is fine...$4.2 million dollar healthy scratch David "Ima get me a bear when I get home" Booth (Buy Out Or Trade Him) is part of the core, but the core is fine. The power play scored on ITSELF last night, but the core is fine. *sigh*.