Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    tdot
    Posts
    18,417
    vCash
    1500

    Best pg to play for the raps ?

    Damon Staudamire
    13.4 PPG, 6.1 APG, 3.5 RPG, 1.1 STL, 2.3 TO, 3PT% 35.7%, FG% 40.6%

    Alvin Williams
    9 PPG, 4.1 APG, 2.5 RPG, 1.2 STL, 1.4 TO, 3PT% 31.3%, FG% 42.1%

    Jose Calderon
    10.2 PPG, 7 APG, 2.5 RPG, 0.9 STL, 1.7 TO, 3PT% 40.7%, FG% 48.2%

    TJ Ford
    11.2 PPG, 5.8 APG, 3.1 RPG, 1.2 STL, 2.4 TO, 3PT% 28.9%, FG% 43.3%


    Kyle Lowry
    11.1 PPG, 5.2 APG, 3.7 RPG, 1.2 STL, 1.9 TO, 3PT% 34.9%, FG% 42%

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    tdot
    Posts
    18,417
    vCash
    1500
    was in the middle of adding a poll and my computer crashed on me.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    CANADA
    Posts
    57
    vCash
    3500
    by far my fave point guard cause im old school is non other then ALVIN WILLIAMS
    I KNOW DAMON WAS BETTER BUT HERE ARE MY REASON...
    1-HE WAS LOYAL
    2-HE HAD HEART
    3-HE NEVER GAVE UP ON THIS TEAM LIKE DAMON DID NEVER ONCE REQUESTED TRADE AND STILL STAYED IN TORONTO AND WAS ASISTANT COACH MUCH LOVE FOR THE CITY FANS AND ORGANIZATION JUST LIKE MY MAN JYD JUNK YARD DOG JEROME WILLIAMS MUST BE SOMETHING ABOUT THE WILLIAMS NAME LOL ALL LOYAL SORRY BOUT SPELLING AS I SUCK AT IT HAHAHA

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    1,292
    vCash
    1500
    Jose. He had everything you need in a PG, except for D... out of the whole bunch, he was the best passer, shooter, and most reliable ball handler.

    If he could play a bit of D, he'd clearly be the best... but, since he couldn't, I can't argue that any of the other ones on the list are the wrong choice.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,589
    vCash
    1500
    none of the others have ever had a season like the one Lowry is having but if he's gone after this season the answer is Jose.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    11,888
    vCash
    1500
    Jose

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Brandon, MB
    Posts
    6,871
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    none of the others have ever had a season like the one Lowry is having but if he's gone after this season the answer is Jose.
    Lowry - 16.3ppg, 4.1rpg, 7.4apg, 1.6spg, fg% .439, 3p% .409

    Stoudamire - 19.0ppg, 4.0rpg, 9.3apg, 1.4spg, fg% .426, 3p% .395
    20.2ppg, 4.1rpg, 8.8apg, 1.5spg, fg% .401, 3p% .355
    Ford - 14.0ppg, 3.1rpg, 7.9apg, 1.3spg, fg% .436, 3p% .304
    Alston - 14.2ppg, 3.5rpg, 6.4apg, 1.5spg, fg% .414, 3p% .357
    James - 20.3ppg, 3.3rpg, 5.8apg, 0.9apg, fg% .469, 3p% .442

    Raps have had quite a few pg's have seasons like this. He is playing well but its not like this is the greatest season by a Raps pg.

    As for who the best pg the Raps have had it would depend what all you want from a pg. Personally like pg's who play well in a system and in that situation Alvin is probably the best on that list although I Jack was better.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,589
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Bramaca View Post
    Lowry - 16.3ppg, 4.1rpg, 7.4apg, 1.6spg, fg% .439, 3p% .409

    Stoudamire - 19.0ppg, 4.0rpg, 9.3apg, 1.4spg, fg% .426, 3p% .395
    20.2ppg, 4.1rpg, 8.8apg, 1.5spg, fg% .401, 3p% .355
    Ford - 14.0ppg, 3.1rpg, 7.9apg, 1.3spg, fg% .436, 3p% .304
    Alston - 14.2ppg, 3.5rpg, 6.4apg, 1.5spg, fg% .414, 3p% .357
    James - 20.3ppg, 3.3rpg, 5.8apg, 0.9apg, fg% .469, 3p% .442

    Raps have had quite a few pg's have seasons like this. He is playing well but its not like this is the greatest season by a Raps pg.

    As for who the best pg the Raps have had it would depend what all you want from a pg. Personally like pg's who play well in a system and in that situation Alvin is probably the best on that list although I Jack was better.
    we will definitely have to disagree on that one.

    Lowry's insane efficiency for a PG (1.36 pps) and play on both ends has him comfortably ahead of any of those seasons.

    and for what it's worth, calling the averages posted by Alston and James similar is quite generous, even without factoring things like defense and efficiency.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  9. #9
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,100
    vCash
    1500
    Damon Staudamire
    Kyle Lowry
    Alvin Williams
    Jarrett Jack
    TJ Ford
    Rafer Alston
    Mike James
    Jerryd Bayless




    Jose Calderon

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    14,589
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    Damon Staudamire
    Kyle Lowry
    Alvin Williams
    Jarrett Jack
    TJ Ford
    Rafer Alston
    Mike James
    Jerryd Bayless
    Milt Palacio




    Jose Calderon
    you forgot one
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

    but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    VANCOUVER
    Posts
    50,741
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BHF View Post
    Damon Staudamire
    Kyle Lowry
    Alvin Williams
    Jarrett Jack
    TJ Ford
    Rafer Alston
    Mike James
    Jerryd Bayless
    Milt Palacio




    Jose Calderon
    you forgot one
    Roko?

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Winnipeg, Manitoba
    Posts
    11,888
    vCash
    1500
    We've had quite a few headcases as pg

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    1,987
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Roko?
    rick brunson.

    2015 is OURS!
    #WeTheNorth

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Brandon, MB
    Posts
    6,871
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    we will definitely have to disagree on that one.

    Lowry's insane efficiency for a PG (1.36 pps) and play on both ends has him comfortably ahead of any of those seasons.

    and for what it's worth, calling the averages posted by Alston and James similar is quite generous, even without factoring things like defense and efficiency.
    Efficiency wise, James was scoring at about the same efficiency as Lowry has been this season and he has always been a good defensive player. Jack's lone full season in Toronto was even more efficient scoring then Lowry has been this season and he is very good defensively. Alston wasn't as efficient but isarguably better defensively.

    Once again, don't get me wrong Lowry is having a very good season but its not off the charts better then other pg's have done for the team. It's one of a handful of seasons that are comparable in one way or another.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    4,100
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    you forgot one
    No i didn't Jose was a little better than Milt Palacio and Roko Ukic but not by much. All these players i mentioned are better players and would have done just as good or better given the opportunity Jose had here.
    Last edited by BHF; 01-20-2014 at 11:29 PM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •