Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Lakers should send Kaman to the Pelicans

and get back Austin Rivers....H could our new hybrid PG of the future...Thoughts?
    -----------------------------------------------

Pelicans Looking To Trade For Big Man

January 20 at 10:59am CST By Chuck Myron

Power forward Ryan Anderson is likely done for the season and center Jason Smith is out indefinitely, and thatís prompted New Orleans to look for a trade that would net the team a big man, as Marc J. Spears of Yahoo! Sports reports amid his weekly power rankings. The Pelicans have been starting Anthony Davis and Greg Stiemsma on the front line, and their only other healthy big men are rookie Jeff Withey and the recently signed Alexis Ajinca.

New Orleans is set to acquire point guard Tyshawn Taylor for draft considerations from the Nets, so assuming the Pelicans donít throw a player into that deal before it becomes official, they would have to include a player in a trade for a big man to stay at the 15-man roster limit. Everyone but Davis and Jrue Holiday is reportedly a candidate to be traded, according to a weekend report from Mitch Lawrence of the New York Daily News, so perhaps GM Dell Demps is willing to engineer a shakeup. The Pelicans are 15-24 in a season that began with playoff aspirations.

Spears also mentions in his report that 6í11″ Drew Gooden is working out in hopes of finding a spot on an NBA roster, so the 11-year veteran could be an option for New Orleans if the team goes the free agent route. Still, it doesnít sound like the Pelicans have any interest in the 32-year-old.
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

vCash
    I saw a note last night that the Pelicans are also looking to trade either or both Evans and Gordon, so it looks like they're once again in rebuilding/tanking mode. (Don't any of these teams have any self-respect? LOL)

We can't trade Kaman until we know whether we're trading Pau or not. Could we trade Pau to the Pels for cap relief/filler/picks? I have no idea, and it would be an awful place to send Pau, but it's worth exploring.

vCash
    Well I'm thinking....we just need to make sure we get a big body in return if Pau is traded...I like Greg Monroe in a multi team trade for Gasol....All of a sudden we've added 2 young franchise type talents...without feeling desperate about the draft...Rivers needs to get out of New Orleans...being in LA would do wonders with his dad down the hallway...

vCash
    I would rather get a second round pick than a body

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GailGoodrich View Post
    I saw a note last night that the Pelicans are also looking to trade either or both Evans and Gordon, so it looks like they're once again in rebuilding/tanking mode. (Don't any of these teams have any self-respect? LOL)

We can't trade Kaman until we know whether we're trading Pau or not. Could we trade Pau to the Pels for cap relief/filler/picks? I have no idea, and it would be an awful place to send Pau, but it's worth exploring.
    Pau would love playing alongside Anthony Davis and Jrue Holliday.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rocco007 View Post
    Well I'm thinking....we just need to make sure we get a big body in return if Pau is traded...I like Greg Monroe in a multi team trade for Gasol....All of a sudden we've added 2 young franchise type talents...without feeling desperate about the draft...Rivers needs to get out of New Orleans...being in LA would do wonders with his dad down the hallway...
    I don't know why you all are obsessed with getting Monroe from Detroit. I am watching him play right now and he is currently getting absolutely abused by Blake Griffin.

vCash
    We need to find a way to unload some of these wing players also....But yes, Kaman should go....Not because I think he is a bad player, But since D'Antoni has deemed him unusable, If we can get a expiring or a pick then it should be done.

vCash
    Absolutely not if it means we are keeping Gasol.

vCash
    Lakers will not trade to bring salary back unless they get something extremely valuable. Either a first round pick for this draft or a solid player. Gordon used to be piece that looked promising,but his contract does not match with his ability. Rivers is not needed,because we have players that are producing more for less. Give us a pick then you can have one of our bigs.
    The future?

vCash
    Lets see....the list of those who dont get owned by Blake Griffin is pretty short, and of those, the list of those available is nil

vCash

Lakers should send Kaman to the Pelicans

I'm a big duke fan. Austin rivers is garbage.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by royal bob View Post
    Lets see....the list of those who dont get owned by Blake Griffin is pretty short, and of those, the list of those available is nil
    Greg Monroe: 1-3 for 6 points in 30 minutes with 3 TO's and a whopping 3 rebounds.

What a difference maker.

vCash
    I don't think a trade of Kamann for Rivers is a bad idea but there are some issues.

First, the health of the Lakers current guards. IF the Lakers believe that they will be getting these guys back and healthy in the next couple weeks, its a bad idea.

Nash, Farmar, Marshall, Blake, Rivers? (I cant count Henry no matter who says he can play 1)

5 is WAY too many point guards. I know some COULD play the 2. but Meeks, Kobe and Young can too.... The Roster would be out of balance.

I do think that getting rid of Kamann, Blake and Nash should be a priority.

Blake and Kamann can't be on this roster next season. If they can be moved for a draft pick or a young player with some potential (like when LA traded Fisher for Hill) they need to explore whatever they can. I'm sure we are talking about a second round pick, but its still an asset.

There also has to be a solid plan for Nash. I am sure someone is figuring out a way to release him, make an insurance claim or find someone dumb enough to include him in some kind of trade.

If there is a plan with Blake, and Nash, I think a Kamann/Rivers trade makes some sense and is a nice low risk, potential move that I think it worth it.

Hey I'll be your friend now that you don't suck...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    Pau would love playing alongside Anthony Davis and Jrue Holliday.
    I was thinking more in terms of locale, chance to win another ring, etc. But you're right: there are some good team-first guys there, and I think Pau could benefit them a lot as players.

My fear is that the 'Cans would want to send us some of their guard trash and that's a headache we don't need.

I also don't know that Pau would resign with them in the offseason, so they'd probably be getting a rental at best, which is not what they want.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jsthornton7 View Post
    I don't know why you all are obsessed with getting Monroe from Detroit. I am watching him play right now and he is currently getting absolutely abused by Blake Griffin.

That's because he's an old school 4...Better suited as a 5 in today's NBA...ala Tim Duncan....Duncan in his Prime would get a abused by a young Griffin...different type of athlete...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast