Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 235
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    223
    vCash
    1500

    Should the Thunder trade Westbrook?

    NOTE: adjusted my steps, didn't realize that you can't amnesty until the end of the year... everything's basically the same though

    Westbrook is one of my favorite players in the whole league. BUT... it would make a lot of sense for the Thunder to trade him and just commit to being a Durant led team.

    Obviously, this only makes sense if you can get a package equal to the value that Westbrook offers. But I don't think that would be hard. Here is an example of the moves I would make if I was Presti.

    Step 1. Trade Westbrook to the 76ers for MCW, Nerlens Noel, and the pick the 76ers got from the Pelicans. (who do you think wins this trade?)

    Step 2. Trade Jackson, Thabeet, Collison, and the Pelicans pick (remember it's top 5 protected) to the Knicks for Shumpart, JR Smith.

    Step 3. Sign Andrew Bynum to a similarly structured deal to the one he got from the Cavs but just for a lot less money (a one year deal, partially guaranteed with a 2nd year team option)

    Step 4. Amnesty Perkins in the offseason.

    This is what the roster would look like.

    PG: Carter-Williams ($2.2/4), Shumpart ($1.7/2), Fisher ($.9/1)
    SG: Lamb ($2.1/3), Smith ($5.6/3)
    SF: Durant ($17.8/3), Sefolosha ($3.9/1), Roberson ($.7/4)
    PF: Ibaka($12.4/4), Noel ($3.2/4), Jones III ($1.1/3)
    C: Bynum($5/2), Perkins ($8.7/2), Adams ($2.1/4)

    That's a total of $67.4. So even if Bynum weren't to work out. Next year you'd still have two young talented centers, and up to $10mil to get another.

    Young, versatile, cheap. I think this roster beats any team in the league. With the way Durant is playing, they wouldn't even need Bynum until the playoffs.

    Anyway, tell me what you think. Give me other ideas. And just so you know, I intentionally over-traded, and overpaid players. And this is what it looks like in the trade machine.

    http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine?tradeId=mls96sq
    Last edited by KingstonHawke; 01-21-2014 at 07:38 AM.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    OH
    Posts
    41,122
    vCash
    1500

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    All Along the Watchtower
    Posts
    4,908
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    ur sig haha, one of my favorite movies of all time.
    Op, Why would the sixers trade all their assets for westbrook? thats crazy

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,207
    vCash
    7010
    Westbrook is a superstar PG. He is a menace defensively and is one of the best PGs in the NBA in terms of creating his own shot whether in the halfcourt or transition. OKC needs Westbrook. They aren't going anywhere if they have to count on just Durant and a bunch of rookies for 2-3 months plus playoffs.

    We saw how good the Thunder were in the playoffs without Westbrook.

    Durant's a great player but just like all other great players, he can't take the Thunder anywhere on his own. They need a legit 2nd scoring option which they have in Westbrook.

    I would bet that Durant demands a trade or doesn't resign with OKC when his contract's up if they trade Westbrook unless they get some great value for him.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    223
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by 5ass View Post
    ur sig haha, one of my favorite movies of all time.
    Op, Why would the sixers trade all their assets for westbrook? thats crazy
    You just said you'd rather build around MCW, Noel, and a top 5 protected pick instead of a 25 year old 20-7-5 PG. -_-
    Last edited by KingstonHawke; 01-20-2014 at 01:55 AM.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    223
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Westbrook is a superstar PG. He is a menace defensively and is one of the best PGs in the NBA in terms of creating his own shot whether in the halfcourt or transition. OKC needs Westbrook. They aren't going anywhere if they have to count on just Durant and a bunch of rookies for 2-3 months plus playoffs.

    We saw how good the Thunder were in the playoffs without Westbrook.

    Durant's a great player but just like all other great players, he can't take the Thunder anywhere on his own. They need a legit 2nd scoring option which they have in Westbrook.

    I would bet that Durant demands a trade or doesn't resign with OKC when his contract's up if they trade Westbrook unless they get some great value for him.
    You don't trust Bynum and MCW as 2nd and 3rd scoring options?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Houston, TX
    Posts
    135
    vCash
    1500
    HAHAHAHA. No, they shouldn't.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    237
    vCash
    1500
    You can't amnesty Perkins until the offseason. Also, there's no way the Sixers trade all of that for one player.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    15,955
    vCash
    1500
    yes to the jazz

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    223
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    You can't amnesty Perkins until the offseason. Also, there's no way the Sixers trade all of that for one player.
    Didn't realize that. Doesn't make a difference though. Just means he'd back up Bynum and cut into Noel and Jones minutes. Probably would actually be better that way.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    City of Light
    Posts
    1,605
    vCash
    1500
    Did you try it in the trade machine ?it involves so many steps and one single mistake can totally ruin the whole argument

    Stay hungry, stay foolish.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Toronto, ON
    Posts
    34,777
    vCash
    1255

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    9,207
    vCash
    7010
    Quote Originally Posted by KingstonHawke View Post
    You don't trust Bynum and MCW as 2nd and 3rd scoring options?
    Um, I don't even trust Bynum to even show up at the game.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    7,708
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Um, I don't even trust Bynum to even show up at the game.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    6,594
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by sunsfan88 View Post
    Um, I don't even trust Bynum to even show up at the game.
    Maybe a bowling game.

    GO LAKERS

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •