Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

Tanaka Thread 2.0

Since the last one was closed let's try this again without going off topic....

Edit: Yes I was guilty
    Last edited by Eamus Cubs; 01-20-2014 at 01:49 AM. Reason: mea culpa

vCash
    I like Tanaka. I hope the Cubs get Tanaka. Think I'm getting the hang of this.

vCash
    Originally posted by CubsRule08:
    Back to Tanaka...

It's getting really nerve wrecking with all the rumors the past couple days.
    I feel you, I think I'm wearing out the screen on my phone constantly refreshing twitter to see if there is any news coming about Tanaka. The hype is unreal, and oddly its for this reason that I cannot decide if I hate Wittenmeyer or not. On one hand he is a Cubbie bashing downer of Rosenbloom proportions, but on the other hand if we don't land Tanaka his posts will have been what kept me from getting my hopes up too high.
    Last edited by Eamus Cubs; 01-20-2014 at 01:52 AM.

vCash
    Not overly optimistic about this but at least Theo and company tried. Hate it but I think he ends up in NY or perhaps even the ever so clever "mystery team."
    Screw sabermetics.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bluefire View Post
    Not overly optimistic about this but at least Theo and company tried. Hate it but I think he ends up in NY or perhaps even the ever so clever "mystery team."
    The past few years have really made me hate that term....

vCash
    Man when I saw the last thread was closed I was pumped we had a resolution. Nope. Just more childish behavior.
    Down in this vagina mine.

vCash
    Sorry guys. It really shouldn't have been brought up in the first place but what can you do. Hopefully we can get some clarification on Tanaka tomorrow. His camp has done a great job of keeping this all pretty quiet

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by CubbieSteve View Post
    Sorry guys. It really shouldn't have been brought up in the first place but what can you do. Hopefully we can get some clarification on Tanaka tomorrow. His camp has done a great job of keeping this all pretty quiet
    Oh it was you?!?!? Come here ya little squirt I need's to have a word with ya.
    Down in this vagina mine.

9. 01-20-2014, 05:12 AM
    Reason
    Off Topic

vCash
    I'm glad I always seem to miss these sorts of things.

As for Tanaka, my mental stability remains untied to whether or not the Cubs sign him. But it would be cool if we did*.

*subject to change based upon performance.

Tearing down Utopia, one brick at a time.

vCash
    I think it's pretty certain we find something out within the next 48-72 hours. Ahhh

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by cubsfan2206 View Post
    I think it's pretty certain we find something out within the next 48-72 hours. Ahhh
    God, I hope. I'm gonna say within the next 24-48 hours!!

vCash
    Any new info out there besides that sad, bitter old mans article?

vCash
    http://www.baseballamerica.com/major...nakas-pitches/

Ben Badler and GIF breakdowns of Tanaka's stuff. Impressed with the 97 mph fastball at pitch 108 in the third example.

vCash
    MLB Rumors: New York Yankees to be ‘very aggressive’ in signing Masahiro Tanaka
    baseball is Japanese pitcher Masahiro Tanaka. He’s been rumored to be on the radar of just about every team in baseball and just about everyone in the Majors have at least kicked the tires on the idea of possibly signing him.

The New York Yankees were rumored to be an early suitor for Tanaka, but they’ve fallen back a bit in conversations about the pitcher.

According to Ken Davidoff of the New York Post, the Yankees are not out on Tanaka and are prepared to be very aggressive in signing him this offseason.

The luxury-tax goal has not at all hindered their pursuit of Tanaka, Steinbrenner insisted, and an industry source said the Yankees have made a “very aggressive” offer to the 25-year-old. They would rather win on Tanaka and lose on their luxury-tax goal.
    There was some talk of the Yankees trying to get under the luxury tax and not spend a ton of money this offseason, but with the bidding expected to get as high as $120 million for Tanaka and even higher, the getting luxury tax is once again no issue to the Yankees.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TooL D/R/T View Post
    Man when I saw the last thread was closed I was pumped we had a resolution. Nope. Just more childish behavior.
    Wrong. If it was childlike behavior then the last thread would still be open. Unfortunately, it was the hate-mongering adult type that did that thread in, but I digress of course. Anyways, feels like were going to get some hefty rumors throughout the afternoon to tonight as Tanaka could potentially make his decision tomorrow. So strap it down because the roller coaster of emotions is going to continue and this time there will be tears....hopefully not for Cub fans.

Page 1 of 97 1231151 ... LastLast