Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Our time is Near with Luck

Our time with our QB Luck is coming. We beat the hawks and broncos already. Wilson benefits with a good d and running game. Luck doesn't have that. Do you guys agree?

vCash
    I believe you take Lynch off that team and they are barely a playoff team. I will believe that until Wilson is tasked with going out and winning a game with his arm.

vCash
    Andrew Luck is much like Peyton Manning in terms of our Quarterback masks a lot of the flaws on the team. I look forward to the day when we don't have to rely on our QB to bail us out every game.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Luck has the most diverse skill set of any NFL quarterback" - Ron Jaworski on Andrew Luck being a top 5 QB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    Andrew Luck is much like Peyton Manning in terms of our Quarterback masks a lot of the flaws on the team. I look forward to the day when we don't have to rely on our QB to bail us out every game.
    Couldn't agree more. I hope we don't fall into the same trap we did with Manning and actually put a complete team on the field for Luck.

vCash
    I am in 100% total agreement. I don't want to see Luck pushed down the same path that Manning was. Looking at this last season, it's quite clear there are still issues and concerns with this team.

Luck does not have the luxury of a strong Defense nor does he have the luxury of a strong running game to aid in keeping other teams off the field. I just cannot wrap my head around all the cap space we had last year and 2 of our FA signings who were brought in to solidify the run defense in RJF and Franklin combined for just 48 total tackles and 1 TFL all season long and our run defense was still horrific at best.

The return on the investment in these guys just makes me shake my head. It's quite possible this is why I am not a GM within the NFL. I mean an average of 24 tackles each in a 16 game season with zero QB sacks?

Maybe it's why I am not a GM within the NFL or maybe it was just a bad decision to bring these guys in. In all honesty, I think they both need replaced right along side Toler and Satele.

In all honesty, this team the last 2 years does not look all that different from the teams of past years with the minor exception that our QB now wears #12 instead of #18.

Our RB's still get blasted in the backfield or dance around in an attempt to locate a hole to run through. We've not had a true #1 receiver since Harrison left town and the Defense seems to do just enough to get by.

I wish I knew what the answer was. It's like no matter the coaching staff nor the players brought in, its the same result. I'd love to see just one game where instead of the Colts going out and putting on an aerial display they just crammed the ball right down the throat of the opposing Defense for 200+ yards and the Defense totally took control and destroyed the opposing Offense.

That being said, I do believe the time is coming with this team. There are clearly moves that need to be made in order to get us back to the big game. IMO, Manusky being the DC is not going to elevate the Defense and the Jury is still out on Pep.

I can only hope some honest evaluations take place this offseason and there are some moves made that will benefit the team and put a more balanced team on the field not only for Luck but the Colts as a team and the fan base as well.