Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

Nle braves win again ? New dinasty ?

I will like the opinion from all fans, nationals are good , the mets are better than last year, the phillis are the same even the marlins made some changes, so who gonna win this 2014?

vCash
    Dynasty?

L.O.L.

vCash
    Well they do for 14 year before , the question is are they do again ?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckwheat View Post
    Dynasty?

L.O.L.
    Did you write this comment thinking it made sense?

vCash
    I see the Nats winning the east, unless the Braves starting pitchers can dominate without a veteran pitcher on the staff.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by rtgthree View Post
    Did you write this comment thinking it made sense?
    Yeah, because it ****ing did.

vCash
    He's a non-native speaker, and I sort of doubt he cares what you think of his English.

vCash
    I sort of doubt I was making fun of his English.

vCash
    Oh wow this is fun

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Cord916 View Post
    I see the Nats winning the east, unless the Braves starting pitchers can dominate without a veteran pitcher on the staff.
    I have to admit I'm not prepared with a full analysis yet of the 2014 Braves compared to the '14 Nationals, but I guess I'm not sure (a) why the Braves' starting pitching would need to "dominate" in order to beat out the Nationals, or (b) why the staff's potential dominance would depend on having a veteran on the staff.

On the first point, the Braves were a 98-win team by Pythagorean record without a dominant staff in 2013. It was a very good staff, ranking sixth in the majors in ERA. But that success had much more to do with depth than dominance, as only one rotation member placed in the top 50 in MLB in WAR (namely Mike Minor, who ranked #29). So I think they've proven that they can succeed without dominating.

As to the second, why should the staff need a veteran in order to improve? Tim Hudson was the only veteran presence last season, and it's not inconceivable that he would be the fifth- or even sixth-best starter in this year's rotation group. I know that older players sometimes impart wisdom on youngsters to help them improve, but that's also what coaches are for, and I think you'd be on pretty shaky analytical ground to suggest that a young staff can't succeed and improve without a "veteran" member. Plus, the recently-signed Gavin Floyd has been around a while if you do want to make a case that a staff needs "savvy veteranness."

Yeah, because it ****ing did.
    Congratulations on stringing a whopping 23 letters together, only to have nearly 20% of them fail to make it through the filter, and precisely none of them add any meaning to anything you might be trying to say.

I sort of doubt I was making fun of his English.
    I sort of doubt you're nearly as funny or smart as you think you are, so either add something to this discussion that proves you know an iota of anything about baseball, or be kind enough to spare us having to skip over your posts.

vCash
    There's no need to be upset

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brave/cuban View Post
    I will like the opinion from all fans, nationals are good , the mets are better than last year, the phillis are the same even the marlins made some changes, so who gonna win this 2014?
    The perfect storm happened last season for the Braves.. Got off to the great start and the Nats struggled.. Th fact that they had two streaks where they went a combined 27-1 is insane and not repeatable. You said it yourself that the NL East is better going into the season.. Braves played 17 games over .500 in their division. Had a winning record vs every NL East team..
    Braves have lost a lot of talent this offseason.. Leaders both on and off the field..
    I my mind the Nats have the talent to run away and hide in any division in baseball.. Braves are a playoff caliber team if things all fall into place..

vCash
    I am not sure that anyone will win 14 in a row again. I would like to think we can win the division but as the roster stands right now I will be happy to make the playoffs.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelshunde4 View Post
    The perfect storm happened last season for the Braves.. Got off to the great start and the Nats struggled.. Th fact that they had two streaks where they went a combined 27-1 is insane and not repeatable. You said it yourself that the NL East is better going into the season.. Braves played 17 games over .500 in their division. Had a winning record vs every NL East team..
    Braves have lost a lot of talent this offseason.. Leaders both on and off the field..
    I my mind the Nats have the talent to run away and hide in any division in baseball.. Braves are a playoff caliber team if things all fall into place..
    we lose some talent. but the new talent comes in the way

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Teufelshunde4 View Post
    Hudson and McCann are good talents, but mostly replaceable. Add in just regression to the norm for Uggla and BJ and hopsefully a less injured Heyward and ATL could very easily be every bi as good as last year.

What about a Nats team suggest they would run away with any division? The last 2 years their Pythagrian win totals have not been better than ATL. I think the Nats make more high priced moves and have flashier players and get more media love, bu t the last 2 years the teams have been pretty similar in terms of talent.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast