Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

What would you like in a basketball site?

I'm a web developer and huge basketball fan. I've decided to try my hand at creating a new basketball website, and i thought who better to ask than the passionate fans of PSD.

If you could design your dream basketball resource, what kind of things are important to you?

I was thinking something along the lines of 82games but with a focus on representing things in a visually interesting, graphical way.

btw, it will NOT be a forum. i am not trying to take away from PSD, i do love posting here.
    Quote Originally Posted by nycericanguy View Post
    well unfortunately it looks like you were right about Bargs...

but hopefully we can use his expiring, if not at least we unloaded Novak's deal...

vCash
    Some naked women

vCash
    Mike James highlights

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    PSD is firstly a sports news website ,then a forum.if your thread stays open, people will definitely give you advice, but as time goes by, you may give them the hyperlink.
    So I am guessing you are at the brink of getting banned.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrisclever View Post
    PSD is firstly a sports news website ,then a forum.if your thread stays open, people will definitely give you advice, but as time goes by, you may give them the hyperlink.
    So I am guessing you are at the brink of getting banned.
    Lol so what if he doesn't give them the hyperlink?
    “It’s about winning,” Stoudemire said. “You win, you’re going to get on national TV. Simple. In Phoenix, we won — Western Conference finals three, four years, playoffs every year. We won. If you don’t win, nobody really wants to see you.”

vCash
    Mike James with naked women.

vCash
    Naked Mike James with some women

vCash
    Mike James shooting a jumper with naked woman all around.
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    Then close it, I don't care. I got what I need anyways. Mike James. Naked women.

vCash
    Unlike these unfunny jokers I will give a real answer to the OP's question.

This site is not exactly well moderated (as you can see already with the way people quickly try to derail this thread and no consequences happen). So the first's thing first is make sure you get a nice group of moderators who are able to get on most of the time. If possible, have them come in shifts. You would already be ahead of this site in that regard.

One of the most difficult things that come to my mind is to art act every NBA fan team into the site equally or almost equally. What I mean is that there are SOOOOO MANY Lakers fans (myself included), Knicks fans, Bulls fans, and Lebron fans...ok the five actual Heat fans too. But what about Pelicans fans? Bobcats fans? Jazz fans? I can only recall maybe 1 or 2 Pelicans fans and one of them keeps posting on the Lakers forum of this site XD. So finding a way to attract fans of all teams comes to mind. (I know, zero help there but something to keep in mind).

...ummm...actually it looks like I'm not helping much at all either. But hey at least I'm trying XD.

I think the most important thing for the kind of site you want to create is too have a well moderated site and create a friendly atmosphere as much as possible. Because the fact is, THIS site, has neither. This site is far from friends and it is DEFINITELY not well moderated. Not really because of the moderators themselves per say but just how unorganized and how slow most are. Some are also just down right incompetent. But the biggest problem is probably just not enough of them.

As far as what your site should look like? I don't think it's that important compared to what I mentioned above. As long as the site doesn't look like it was made by some high schooler creating an NBA sim league site (just google some of them when you get the time, most are horrible and disgusting), then you should be fine. I mean this site for example looks VERY BLAND and boring for the most part but it doesn't stop people from coming back here (including me).

I have more detailed help that I would like to add but I think I already pissed off enough people by criticizing some of the problems on this site. I will just say that they are some ideas that this site DOWNRIGHT REFUSES to implement mostly out of pure arrogance/ignorance. PM me if you wish to hear them. I got many XD.

vCash
    I want part of the money you get from visitors if I tell you

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JNA17 View Post
    Unlike these unfunny jokers I will give a real answer to the OP's question.

This site is not exactly well moderated (as you can see already with the way people quickly try to derail this thread and no consequences happen). So the first's thing first is make sure you get a nice group of moderators who are able to get on most of the time. If possible, have them come in shifts. You would already be ahead of this site in that regard.

One of the most difficult things that come to my mind is to art act every NBA fan team into the site equally or almost equally. What I mean is that there are SOOOOO MANY Lakers fans (myself included), Knicks fans, Bulls fans, and Lebron fans...ok the five actual Heat fans too. But what about Pelicans fans? Bobcats fans? Jazz fans? I can only recall maybe 1 or 2 Pelicans fans and one of them keeps posting on the Lakers forum of this site XD. So finding a way to attract fans of all teams comes to mind. (I know, zero help there but something to keep in mind).

...ummm...actually it looks like I'm not helping much at all either. But hey at least I'm trying XD.

I think the most important thing for the kind of site you want to create is too have a well moderated site and create a friendly atmosphere as much as possible. Because the fact is, THIS site, has neither. This site is far from friends and it is DEFINITELY not well moderated. Not really because of the moderators themselves per say but just how unorganized and how slow most are. Some are also just down right incompetent. But the biggest problem is probably just not enough of them.

As far as what your site should look like? I don't think it's that important compared to what I mentioned above. As long as the site doesn't look like it was made by some high schooler creating an NBA sim league site (just google some of them when you get the time, most are horrible and disgusting), then you should be fine. I mean this site for example looks VERY BLAND and boring for the most part but it doesn't stop people from coming back here (including me).

I have more detailed help that I would like to add but I think I already pissed off enough people by criticizing some of the problems on this site. I will just say that they are some ideas that this site DOWNRIGHT REFUSES to implement mostly out of pure arrogance/ignorance. PM me if you wish to hear them. I got many XD.
    Fail mike James naked woman >>
    3 time sim league Champion

vCash
    Your "help" almost certainly got this thread closed. Cheers.

vCash
    Mike James putting his balls into naked women. For sure.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jamiecballer View Post
    Your "help" almost certainly got this thread closed. Cheers.
    Yeah sorry, today is sadly not my best day. I like to try and help people if I can. Even if what I say helps very little if not at all.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast