Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Batum is All Star worthy

I know I will get beat up on this some for saying Batum is deserves an All Star spot.

Sic Nic is quietly having a career year. He plays winning basketball and unlike ball stoppers like Carmelo he makes other players better.

Advanced stats reveals Batum’s all-around value to the Blazers as well as his worthiness for a coveted All-Star spot. Here’s how he ranks among the league’s forwards in key categories:

> 1st: In offensive rating (113.5 points team scores per 100 possessions with Batum on the floor)
    > 4th: In net rating (10.2, the difference between offensive and defensive rating) behind his teammate Aldridge, Indiana’s David West and Golden State’s Lee)
    > 4th: In true shooting percentage (59.2 percent, adjusted to include the value of 3-pointers and free throws) behind Miami’s LeBron James, Oklahoma City’s Durant and Toronto’s Amir Johnson
    > 4th: In effective field-goal percentage (55.5 percent, adjusted for 3-pointers being 1.5 times more valuable than 2-pointers) behind James, Johnson and Houston’s Chandler Parsons
    > 3rd: In assist percentage (21.9 percent, percent of teammates’ field goals that the player assisted) behind James and Durant
    > 5th: Among small forwards in rebound percentage (10.3, percentage of total rebounds a player obtains while on the court) behind New York’s Carmelo Anthony, Dallas’ Shawn Marion, James and Durant

Not bad company

vCash
    If they only picked all stars by position, he would have a very strong case. However, in this day and age with only guards and forwards, i don't believe he is. Good stats though.

vCash
    I'm not sure about Batum...It's close but I don't think he is quite the 12 best player on the west coast. Top 20 I will give you that.

LA and Lillard should make the team. Especially with CP3, Westbrook, and Byrant out so far.
    So Say We All!!!

vCash
    Batum still needs to take that step of being more of a leader/being more aggressive out there. We know he can do it, but he hasn't made it his norm. We questioned LA in the Roy times, and look at him now, so if Batum can make a similar jump we are in for something special.

vCash

Batum is All Star worthy

Batum would get in on the east roster