Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Who knew?

vCash

Who knew?

I heard about this a few years ago but never heard the full story. We offered 3 first round draft picks and it was vetoed out of spite? Then he was traded for less? I don't see why this is never talked about. How many times have the Raiders been screwed over the years? Imagine if Al did become commish, we'd probably have 10 rings by now. Sorry, just ranting.

http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2013/0...u0KFqSmC5iE.01
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    Nah,we dont know if elway would have been good here.

vCash
    bet he would have been better than Marinovich lol. He led the donkeys to 5 super bowls (winning 2) while we were garbage. Yeah, we don't know, but we do know what happened since.
    "JUST WIN BABY"
    COMMITMENT TO EXCELLENCE

vCash
    The Raiders offense of that era was very tough on QB's. Jimmy Plunket was tougher than snot. He wasn't pretty but he made the big throws when it mattered and could taking a pounding. The Raiders would have given up a lot to get Elway and looking back the price would have been steep.

But, an offense with Marcus Allen, John Elway, Tim Brown and Willie Gault with Bo Jackson half of a season would have been sick.
    Last edited by Proximo; 01-19-2014 at 11:48 PM.

vCash
    Elway was overrated as hell but the dude would have been a prototypical Raider QB.

The PSD's Official Steve Nash Support Crew, Members: R4L

vCash
    Plus he probably would have hated the Donks, and Peyton wouldn't have kicked our rumps four times the last two years.

vCash
    I wonder if he was a raider, would he still dye his hair like that... Or would he let the silver and black show proud. His fake tan and blond hair is not raider nation.

vCash
    This is a very well known story.

Just another "what if" in the long history of the Raiders.

vCash
    I hated Elway and his damn teeth in that helmet, and now I hate him in the booth. But if he was a Raider I would have loved him. And I am one to think if you have a Qb like Elway or Manning, your chances are very high to win the trophy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    I hated Elway and his damn teeth in that helmet, and now I hate him in the booth. But if he was a Raider I would have loved him. And I am one to think if you have a Qb like Elway or Manning, your chances are very high to win the trophy
    Here's another thought... If elway played for us, would it stand to reason that he would have become our vp instead of Denver's? And if he was our vp... Would Peyton be playing for us right now?...