Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

CBS: Browns willing to move up for Johnny Manziel

Hereís one to write down and monitor.

The Browns reportedly want Johnny Manziel. According to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports, the Browns want Manziel badly enough that they would trade up for him, if they have to.

Hereís the specific language of the report: ď[T]hey are willing to trade up to land Johnny Manziel in the draft if need be, sources said.Ē Read literally, it means that the Browns will do whatever they have to do to move up and get Manziel, if thatís what it takes to get him.

While limits surely will apply to the willingness of the Browns, who tried unsuccessfully (and possibly half-heartedly) two years ago to move up and get Robert Griffin III under different management, this report wonít help the Browns get the best possible deal, if itís true. And if itís true, itís more proof that the next coach of the Browns wonít be able to pick his own quarterback ó which could scare away any candidates that arenít already convinced as to the merits of Manziel.

The Browns currently draft fourth. The first three picks belong to Houston, St. Louis (via Washington), and Jacksonville, respectively.

Itís also possible that ďsourcesĒ are saying things they donít believe. It could be that the Browns covet another quarterback, and that they hope Manziel gets picked before Cleveland chooses. Of course, if the report flows from a decision by the front office that Manziel isnít the answer, the front office necessarily will have tied the hands of a head coach who decides that he wants Manziel.

Regardless, the strength of the report is intriguing. Whether itís true or itís a smokescreen, it may not be a good luck for a Browns organization that currently is trying to make its job look more enticing. If the front office is making firm decisions about the draft before even hiring a head coach, that could be a warning sign for a candidate who may be more inclined to wait a year or two for another opportunity.
    http://bleacherreport.com/tb/dcdyY
    and with the 12th pick, The New York Football Giants select ......Odell Beckham Jr, Wide Reciever from Louisana State University

vCash
    They really don't know what they are doing...do they?
    DO NOT TRUST YOUR PETS TO NEMACOLIN WOODLANDS KENNEL

On 7/20/14 we took our Calla and Pebble for a stay while on vacation. On 7/21 Calla, who is diabetic, was given 10x her insulin dosage. She wasn't found until 12 hours after being overdosed. After a week and a half of suffering we made the tough decision to put her down because of brain damage and a lack of a quality of life. She was only 7 and her breed lives until their 20's. Over half of our beloved Calla's life was stolen from us.

vCash
    sounds like something my Cowboys would do (make this known without even having a coach)...

...I REALLY hope that Manziel is drafted way before Dallas (I don't want him as a Cowboy) so that itchy fingers Jones doesn't try to trade up for him....the media response that Jones would get would be off the charts and that feeds right into his narcissism...JUST SAY NO JONES!!!!

Norcal transplant on central Oregon Coast
    vCash
    Isn't that why they fired Chud? He didn't want Manziel? I think the guy will bust. To trade up for him would be disaster. I hope it's a smokescreen

vCash

CBS: Browns willing to move up for Johnny Manziel

Well he'll turn out to be a better player than Weeden I'll tell you that much.

vCash
    Manziel will be good.

vCash
    Comes down to w.e team is gonna discipline his egotistic ***.
    Be $wavy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    Manziel will be good.
    Dont see him staying healthy.

vCash
    Even though the Browns are one of the teams I'm rooting for ocasionally, if this means there's absolutely 0 chance of Titans drafting him, so be it. But really, I don't think this should come out as a total surprise, considering they just fired a promising HC and let go two really good coordinators. They could be such a great team with the right quarterback and a decent running game... Maybe they'll find a way to win with Manziel, but it would still be a bad move. Not only picking him in the top 10, but trading up to do so. Furthermore, I'd be really disappointed if he doesn't land in Jacksonville.

vCash
    And the Bengals, Steelers, and Ravens are rejoicing and rooting hard for those Browns to get their desired QB.....I feel sorry for Browns fans.
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by OldStyleCubbies View Post
    Dont see him staying healthy.

I wouldn't want the Eagles to take him with any pick....I think he will be bad and even if not he is a bad guy (not criminally, but ethically)
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA

vCash
    How are they going to know if it's "necessary" to trade up for him? LOL. They either try to do it or they don't. Dumb commentary.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrei00:27826770
    Even though the Browns are one of the teams I'm rooting for ocasionally, if this means there's absolutely 0 chance of Titans drafting him, so be it. But really, I don't think this should come out as a total surprise, considering they just fired a promising HC and let go two really good coordinators. They could be such a great team with the right quarterback and a decent running game... Maybe they'll find a way to win with Manziel, but it would still be a bad move. Not only picking him in the top 10, but trading up to do so. Furthermore, I'd be really disappointed if he doesn't land in Jacksonville.
    Caldwell would get picks from them to not pick him

The Future Jacksonville Jaguars Power Couple

#InCaldwellWeDon'tTrust

9/13/14: #Mayhem (While Pacman fights Algieri in China. lol)
    vCash
    I hope he does bust, I hate overhyped players coming out of college, and I want the Brownies to succeed, so hopefully he falls to someone else.

Barry Lamar Bonds. .393/.967/1.054....on 3-0 counts.

lol, Please' top 10 p4p: Mayweather/Marquez/Pacquiao/Bradley/Cotto/Wlad/Rigondeaux/Froch/Canelo/Maidana

Boxing Fan? Come Discuss Boxing!

vCash
    Theres really nothing to gain by letting this information out? Now a team before them can pick him up and trade rape them. Or they are saying this so a team before picks him and they get who they really want? Do you think they are that smart?? Doesn't seem like it with the moves they've made so far.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast