Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rondo Tracker.

vCash

Rondo Tracker.

So it appears that Rondo may be on the move before the all-star break. Discuss here the trade possibilities directly related to Rondo. I am for Rondo to the Lakers for Pau & a 1st. Thoughts?
    Quote Originally Posted by ****ed in DET View Post
    or go bang your wife
    PSD Lions Forum: Where excellence happens.

vCash
    That deal as is won't pass muster. Salaries are too far apart.

Hump & Rondo works for Nash & Gasol. Nash has an extra year on his deal so we'd clearly pick up at least one 1st taking that back plus getting them Rondo. However it won't be a 2014 pick.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

Some jerks never learn.....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RB#20 View Post
    So it appears that Rondo may be on the move before the all-star break. Discuss here the trade possibilities directly related to Rondo. I am for Rondo to the Lakers for Pau & a 1st. Thoughts?
    I was surfing various sites today and it seems almost none of the local media types are of the frame of mind that Rondo will be traded. The trade Rondo talk seems driven by people in the "national" media. Reporters / bloggers from L.A. and N.Y and Dallas and other parts.

RB#20, what do you make of this?
    Chris Mannix ‏@ChrisMannixSI • 14m •  More
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bagwell368 View Post
    That deal as is won't pass muster. Salaries are too far apart.

Hump & Rondo works for Nash & Gasol. Nash has an extra year on his deal so we'd clearly pick up at least one 1st taking that back plus getting them Rondo. However it won't be a 2014 pick.

I think this type of scenario is a prime opportunity to use some of the C's draft pick depth to pick up another high 2014 pick.

Add Kendall Marshall and Lakers 2014 1st going to C's

Add Nets/Hawks 2014 1st going to Lakers

vCash
    Not really new news. Yeah, if Rondo came back early enough, get him out there for a couple weeks of gametime and DA sees what he can haul in for him before the AS break. No big surprise here. Getting another 2014 1st rounder would be wonderful(especially from a lottery team and if DA can find one dumb enough to do that then go for it), but not necessarily a necessity in any proposed deal.

vCash
    I heard rumors... Rondo for Asik n 1st... Have you guys as celtic fans heard anything?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AEWyatt7 View Post
    I heard rumors... Rondo for Asik n 1st... Have you guys as celtic fans heard anything?
    Where did you hear that...??? The bar, work, train platform...???
    "I've never been scared of contact. Now I get to bring it, that's what I love to do, so I'm going to bring it."

Reggie Lewis

GET OFF YOUR HEELS BILL !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AEWyatt7 View Post
    Doesn't make much sense.

Rondo doesn't appear to be a good fit in Houston and we'd be down to a 3rd string PG as the starter and our 1st string SG as the 2nd string PG. While that might help tanking - it's so non functional I can't imagine that deal alone being made.

6/27/09: “We expect [Rondo] to play by the rules and be a leader as a point guard. We need him to be more of a leader,” Ainge said. “There were just a couple situations where he was late this year, I don’t know if he was sitting in his car, but showed up late and the rest of the team was there. We have team rules and you have to be on time. He was fined for being late, he said he was stuck in traffic, and it’s just unacceptable.”

vCash
    rondo tracker:

stays with the celtics, gets a 3 or 4 year extension

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

vCash
    It still seem the only places talking about Rondo being traded are L.A., N.Y., Dallas... national media. That makes me think Rondo is pretty highly valued both in Boston and around the league. So... yeah, it wouldn't surprise me to see Rondo re-signed or to sign an extension. But probably not until after the season is over just to make sure there are no lingering issues with the knee.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 01-21-2014 at 02:19 PM.
    SI: Statistics suggest Joel Embiid will fully recover from foot surgery. But it could be 9-12 months before he plays http://bit.ly/1qwZuIB

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Forever35 View Post
    Where did you hear that...??? The bar, work, train platform...???
    LMAO.....

vCash
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...n-extend-rondo

CBS Sports is inconsistent with their Rondo news, but I figured I'd post the article regardless. Still think they'll move both Rondo and Jeff Green, though I think Rondo will be during the off-season or on draft day.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BostonBoy View Post
    http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on-...n-extend-rondo

CBS Sports is inconsistent with their Rondo news, but I figured I'd post the article regardless. Still think they'll move both Rondo and Jeff Green, though I think Rondo will be during the off-season or on draft day.
    This ^ is my point. Some guy in Chicago is speculating on what the C's might do with Green and Rondo. Is anyone remotely connected to the C's quoted? No, and that's because everyone connected with the C's, from Stevens to DAnny to Wyc, maintain Rondo isn't going anywhere - that they intend to build with him.

Other anonymous GM's say they think Rondo will be traded. Why? They probably wish they could trade for him. Or they might be saying if they were the C's GM they would entertain trading Rondo, but here's a little secret - they are not the C's GM. DAnny is and he says the C's are going to build with Rondo.

That's not to say the C's will never trade Rondo, but someone is going to have to pony up to get him and I'll wait until someone more closely connect to Boston begins talking about trading him.
    Last edited by Opalmerr; 01-21-2014 at 03:03 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Opalmerr View Post
    everyone connected with the C's, from Stevens to DAnny to Wyc, maintain Rondo isn't going anywhere - that they intend to build with him.
    What you do not seem to understand is the disconnect between words, thoughts, and actions when it comes to public exposure of negotiations and plans of a multi-million dollar business.

Other anonymous GM's say they think Rondo will be traded. Why? They probably wish they could trade for him.
    Why would that be true? There are very few teams in the NBA with serious hopes of making either Conference Semis in the NBA this year that wouldn't be WORSE if they exchanged their PG for Rondo this season. Seriously, go ahead and run the list.

Or they might be saying if they were the C's GM they would entertain trading Rondo, but here's a little secret - they are not the C's GM. DAnny is and he says the C's are going to build with Rondo.
    DA in the past spoke often of dealing Rondo, and he didn't - does that make him a liar? Since you have claimed he doesn't lie because he's a Morman in the recent past, what do you have to say about Ainge's words in the past?

What if he deals him now - does that make him a liar?

You're mistaking your knee jerk adherence to "optimism" and "positive thinking" as being in direct line with the current behavior of the Celtics. This is wishful thinking at best and hopelessly naive at worst. No experienced professional in any field should fall prey to this sort of self satisfied/referencing point of view.

That's not to say the C's will never trade Rondo, but someone is going to have to pony up to get him and I'll wait until someone more closely connect to Boston begins talking about trading him.
    In the past when Doc and DA criticized Rondo roundly in the press for his overly emotional behavior on and off the court and lack of discipline in practice, and openly discussed dealing him, Rondo reacted poorly and played poorly. So why would the Celts hurt the value of their resource before trading him? When/if he gets dealt it will be done with zero leakage beforehand because that's how Rondo's behavior dictated that they conduct themselves. Common sense.

It's the big boy leagues we are talking friend - not some summer camp where everyone is above average and all the expectations are sky high - until reality sets in - and after the warm glow of the camp has been replaced by the clear light of objective reality.
    Last edited by bagwell368; 01-21-2014 at 05:40 PM.

vCash
    I watched the parts of Rondo's game I missed last night. He was awful. But in his defense, he's clearly not ready for prime time yet. It could be another 6 if not 10 games before he's going to round into shape (not just lungs, but timing, judgement, etc).

The downside of that is that it really cuts the chances he could be dealt at the deadline. So the focus should be trying to tie a ribbon around Green and getting him out of here.

Someone wrote in the forum no to the offer of Green and two #1's for Monroe.

I'll adjust that to taking the Billups contract to eat some money for them and make the deal legal - along with two 2nd rounders. And of course Monroe would have to agree to signing an extension.

I'd then deal Green, '15 Sac #1 and our '17 or '18 lottery protected #1 pick to them - and feel fortunate to get a player that isn't afraid of the limelight and is still plenty young. Snag Embiid in the draft and our 4/5 issues are largely addressed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast