Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Who's your dream FA?

Who's the guy on the top of your FA wish list?

I've said this many times, but I want C Alex Mack. He was selected to pro bowl this season and he's viewed as one of the best C's in the league. Quite frankly, anybody would be an upgrade over Satele, but might as well go with a guy that could anchor our Offensive Line for the duration of Luck's career. Mack would instantly give this team one of the better interior lines with Donald Thomas at LG. RG is tricky, but acquiring an elite C would make that position easier to fill.

Who do you want?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    Last edited by sfgiants1213; 01-19-2014 at 02:45 PM. Reason: no images allowed
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    Seriously though, in this class I would really like to see Arthur Jones in a Colts Uniform.

vCash
    Alex Mack!

vCash
    I would have to agree with Alex Mack. Although I wouldn't be upset with Sofia Vergara LOL

vCash
    Since everyone is saying Mack and Sofia has been mentioned...I'll go a different direction and say Decker.

Big WR in the red zone...eventual replacement for Reggie as the #1 outside WR and allows TY to move around now and going forward...has been with a system that tosses the ball around and one of the smartest QBs in history and worked well with all that.

vCash
    I'll say Decker as well. We need another proven WR. Nothing is guaranteed with Reggie's age and rehab process. Although Brazil & Rogers have shown signs of greatness (limited capacity), I don't think we have the patience to ride them out.

Any O-line would be appreciated as far as I'm concerned.

vCash
    I cant really focus on one player solely, but here my dream 14 class for us,

cut toler and satele, let bethea and brown walk resign vontae,

sign
    -C alex Mack(need to steady the middle of our o line),
    -S donte whitner(good safety to play with landry and not break the bank on),
    -WR maclin/nicks(injured or underperformed last season,but both have big time talent and could come cheaper then the top flight guys),
    -OG/T roger saffold( not so much as a tackle but would be great depth there and a mauling interior lineman at guard),
    -CB aqib Talib( great cover guy to put next to davis),
    an impact 3-4 Dt or DE like Tyson Jackson or arthur jones lol is this too much to ask? i think so , but i can dream

vCash
    No love for J. Byrd? Dude is the best coverage safety in the league and he'd be a nice compliment to Landry.

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    http://imgur.com/a/4UK1e <---- BEST 10-15 SECONDS EVER

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    No love for J. Byrd? Dude is the best coverage safety in the league and he'd be a nice compliment to Landry.
    was trying to be half realistic because i feel byrd will be crazy expensive no way we sign all those other guys i listed and him

vCash
    Two players mentioned in this thread, Mack and Byrd, will probably be the highest paid at their respective positions plus both their respective teams have enough cap room to either Franchise Tag or Re-sign them long term. No offense but I think I have a better chance of getting Sofia to be my FA than Indy does of getting either one of them, lol

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyld1 View Post
    Two players mentioned in this thread, Mack and Byrd, will probably be the highest paid at their respective positions plus both their respective teams have enough cap room to either Franchise Tag or Re-sign them long term. No offense but I think I have a better chance of getting Sofia to be my FA than Indy does of getting either one of them, lol
    With respect to Mack I believe you are wrong thinking he has any chance of being franchised tagged and here is why.

The other major factor playing against Mack is the franchise number itself. For some reason, the collective bargaining agreement in the NFL lumps all offensive line positions together when it comes to the franchise tag.

Thus, if a team wants to franchise a center like Mack, they have to pay him like a left tackle. As you can see in the chart above, that would put him somewhere around $11.1 million for next season. When compared to centers on the best lines in the NFL, that is an astronomical amount.

If Mack is on the Browns next season, it will be because the front office re-signed him to a long-term contract and not because he received the franchise tag. To put it in perspective, New York jets center Nick Mangold is the highest paid center in the NFL at $6.5 million per year.
    http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-franchise-tag

They would have to pay him $4.6 million more next season than the top paid center in the league. Mack may become the highest paid but he won't see that kind of jump in salary. Not to mention they have T.J. Ward who is a UFA as well who would get a much smaller number if he got the tag instead. So as the article says he may be resigned but he certainly won't be franchise tagged.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by hoosiercubsfan View Post
    With respect to Mack I believe you are wrong thinking he has any chance of being franchised tagged and here is why.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...-franchise-tag

They would have to pay him $4.6 million more next season than the top paid center in the league. Mack may become the highest paid but he won't see that kind of jump in salary. Not to mention they have T.J. Ward who is a UFA as well who would get a much smaller number if he got the tag instead. So as the article says he may be resigned but he certainly won't be franchise tagged.
    That's right, they lump them together like Line Backers...geez that is ridiculous! Who would want to Franchise a RG the same as a LT or a MLB as much as an Rush OLBer????? Either way it is doubtful he leaves Cleveland regardless...

Some more info on what hoosiercubsfan was referring to:

http://overthecap.com/franchise-tags...and-alex-mack/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post
    This is my #1 target. and Mack also. To the brainiac that said Byrd is too expensive, how much do you think we have been paying Bethea the last few years? Byrd is a GAMECHANGER! He is in his prime and like you said, nobody covers better. Honestly who else are we going to have at FS???

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SeekTheTruth View Post
    I cant really focus on one player solely, but here my dream 14 class for us,

cut toler and satele, let bethea and brown walk resign vontae,

sign
    -C alex Mack(need to steady the middle of our o line),
    -S donte whitner(good safety to play with landry and not break the bank on),
    -WR maclin/nicks(injured or underperformed last season,but both have big time talent and could come cheaper then the top flight guys),
    -OG/T roger saffold( not so much as a tackle but would be great depth there and a mauling interior lineman at guard),
    -CB aqib Talib( great cover guy to put next to davis),
    an impact 3-4 Dt or DE like Tyson Jackson or arthur jones lol is this too much to ask? i think so , but i can dream
    Quit being a cheap bastard! Hitner and Landry would make for some of the worst cover safeties in the league. I do like Maclin though, even though he is glass Grigson will certianly take a look at a guy he knows.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast