Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Hakeem Nicks not expected back with the Giants...

Hakeem Nicks not expected back with N.Y. Giants in '14

Marc Sessler

Hakeem Nicks told reporters last month, "I still consider myself one of the top receivers in this league, and I'm going to go out and prove it."

That isn't likely to happen with the New York Giants.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reported Sunday on "NFL GameDay Morning" that Nicks is not expected to return with Big Blue next season. His fate boils down to two factors: His disappointing play over the past two years, and a string of team-imposed fines.

Rapoport was told by multiple sources that Nicks has been fined several times by the Giants for two infractions. The first, for repeatedly being late; the second, for missing treatments. The fines, in general, were "in the thousands for each transgression," according to a team source.

Nicks isn't the only New York player who took a slap on the wrist this season, but his behavior in a contract year frustrated the Giants, according to Rapoport.

The fifth-year pass-catcher has battled injuries over the past two seasons and looked entirely average in 2013, failing to haul in a touchdown grab while averaging just 3.8 receptions per game. His lack of production made him the subject of trade whispers earlier this season, but that won't be necessary.

Nicks sounds like he's out the door.
    Wow didn't know Nicks was fined... Imma miss Nicks

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash

Would hate to see the guy go but the team honestly will have other needs like OL, TE and RB to fill.

Even if the stories about the fines were not an issue it's hard to see the Giants breaking the bank to keep Nicks with so many other needs.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Said it all year and off-season.

I ****ing hate his piss poor attitude

**** him.

vCash
    Missing treatments but he wasn't injured. Interesting logic.
    X's and O's Breakdown of each of Eli Manning's 27 Interceptions

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/sho...-Interceptions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .Sean. View Post
    Missing treatments but he wasn't injured. Interesting logic.
    More to story, this was also tweeted which I find odd isn't in the story

Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet)

1/19/14, 9:35 AM

Multiple sources tell me Hakeem Nicks was fined repeatedly for being late to meetings & missing treatment. He battled thru several injuries

vCash
    I will miss Hakeem Nicks. I was a fan of his ever since his time with UNC. People were high on Britt, but I was high on Nicks. Britt is a bust, Nicks isn't. Nicks was at one point a top 10 WR. I wish him well wherever he goes. I would like him back only if the cost is right. I think if we draft Mike Evans, we get another WR who can catch any ball. He made Manziel look better than he is because his inaccuracy can be very bad at times.

vCash
    You know I already started a Hakeem Nicks thread bro, but anyways, I'm going to believe it when it happens. and **** NFL.com writers. they're no different from TMZ. Always want to put down people.
    BORN AND RAISED TO KILL COWBOYS
    [B][COLOR="Blue"]13-9 Record & Super Bowl 46 Champs: You made it true Big Blue!!!!(Now Aim High For #5!!!!! )

"How come Eli don't feed me the ball no more?"
    Don't know Larry. Don't know.

NY Giants Fan, LA Lakers Fan, LA Dodgers Fan

vCash

Great how all this information about nicks comes out now, seems like some strategy to get his value to drop, i didnt think he was worth anywhere near the rumored 10 mill a year he reportedly is going to be asking for. He will be lucky to see 5 million a year.

vCash
    Stop making excuses *******s, look at what he did on the field and his bs effort.. Enough said time to move on..

vCash
    good move for us if it happens.

vCash

Have to expect that from a unc alum

vCash
    I am not really surprised. Hopefully Randall and Jernigan will step up. Hopefully, we can find a great TE to add to their offense.

vCash
    Lets get Decker or James Jones now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GGGGG-Men View Post
    Lets get Decker or James Jones now.
    Decker is going to get paid a lot based on what he did with Peyton. Jones will not get the same pay day based on his playing hurt this year and spending lots of time with QBs not named Rodgers.

I'd take Jones and the cap space. I think both would be about the same in terms of output for this team in a quick pass type offense.
    Go Grab My Belt

vCash
    Yeah Jones all day. Makes a lot of sense. In our new offense, let Cruz play on the outside and let Jernigan play in the slot if he can build upon this past season. Otherwise, Cruz/Jones/Randle is not a bad WR group in relation to Nicks/Cruz/Randle.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast