Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 24
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
    Posts
    3,815
    vCash
    1500

    Could Melo Re-Sign with the team if traded in-season?

    I really do think that Melo would allow himself to get traded but not sign an extension for the other team (since he can "get more if he signs during the offseason). Then, he'd re-sign with the Knicks and tricking the other team. Yeah, he wouldn't get the raise to $25 million a year but since he's a "real fan of the Knicks", who knows, he just might.

    Which trade scenarios allow us to get good valueables for this year's draft (or next year's) and also clears up enough cap to sign 1 max (which would be re-signing Melo) in 2014????

    Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

    [QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Staten island Ny
    Posts
    19,042
    vCash
    1364
    First off we wouldn't have cap. He would have to get traded opt in for a year and sign back in 015. That would be perfect lol get whatever we can get + top 5 pick next year + cap space for three FA
    Last edited by xxplayerxx23; 01-19-2014 at 09:56 AM.
    http://newyorkknicksmemesdotcom.file...73bd8ccc5d.gif
    Amare!!!!

    SIM LEAGUE SUNS
    Jason Kidd and Chris webber
    2000-2001 48-34 first round KO
    2001-2002 64-18 first round KO
    2002-2003 55-27. Second round KO
    2003-2004 46-36 second round KO game 7 loss
    2004-2005 42-40
    2005-2006 welcome Glenn big dog

    Sig bet with Mr. baller on Yankees making the playoffs loser has to hold
    SIG of the winners choice for entire playoffs

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    14,233
    vCash
    1500
    The sky turns blue during the day then turns black during the night!




    Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

    JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

    I'M NEVER WRONG



    FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

  4. 01-19-2014, 12:36 PM
    Reason
    Not needed

  5. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    314
    vCash
    1500
    Best option is he opts out and we do a sign and trade.

    Same thing he did for Denver, he does for NY Knicks.

    In the process maybe we can get a couple 1st Rounders and some serviceable players.

  6. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    1 Mile High
    Posts
    5,343
    vCash
    1500
    ^^^^ i think he's learned his lesson about doing that, my guess is if he leaves, he leaves us high and dry and never comes back. best bet is to trade him while we have leverage as opposed to picking up some scraps in a S+T.

  7. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    314
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by JEDean89 View Post
    ^^^^ i think he's learned his lesson about doing that, my guess is if he leaves, he leaves us high and dry and never comes back. best bet is to trade him while we have leverage as opposed to picking up some scraps in a S+T.
    Well, my point is get rid of him and get the best you can get.

    I do think some team will love Melo enough that if Melo asks for a max with an extra year along with a trade, the Knicks do a S&T with that team.

    All Melo wants is the biggest last contract he can get at the most amount of years and go off into the night very wealthy. Personally, I don't think he cares about winning more than money. Money is #1.

    I mean that explains his Denver departure where if you think about it, he really would not have taken much risk by simply signing in NY for a year with an option for more, opting out then maxing out. Melo maxed out his prime years and gutted the team of assets. He knew that.

    So now wants one last big deal. I don't blame him but you are stupid to give it to him. Let some other fool buy HIGH from you. Give credit to LeBron for taking less and risking his prime years. Worked out for him and he will get his monster max from the Heat and retire there.

    Sadly, Dolan, in an effort to cover up for his ignorance and awful moves (another lost 5 years), Dolan will throw everything at Melo and refuse to trade him. Melo just needs to act like a hard to get sluht and Dolan will shower him with the world. That is Dolan's style. Do things not for logic but emotion and to protect his ego and show off for his long island loser, drug addict friends. "I did it my way (the wrong way)" attitude.

    This will be a scrap heap team until Melo is gone because Dolan will keep betting on off suit 2 7 pocket cards. Only real hope is Dolan loses interest, team gets lucky in a draft or two (like OKC) or Dolan's coke head habits finally put him gently into the night.
    Last edited by nyknicks1969; 01-19-2014 at 01:10 PM.

  8. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    11,905
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by jimm120:27824298
    I really do think that Melo would allow himself to get traded but not sign an extension for the other team (since he can "get more if he signs during the offseason). Then, he'd re-sign with the Knicks and tricking the other team. Yeah, he wouldn't get the raise to $25 million a year but since he's a "real fan of the Knicks", who knows, he just might.

    Which trade scenarios allow us to get good valueables for this year's draft (or next year's) and also clears up enough cap to sign 1 max (which would be re-signing Melo) in 2014????
    There is a rule in the NBA that you cant resign with the team that traded you for like a year I believe.

    #KNICKS TAPED PLAYOFFS 2013

  9. #8
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    5,035
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    First off we wouldn't have cap. He would have to get traded opt in for a year and sign back in 015. That would be perfect lol get whatever we can get + top 5 pick next year + cap space for three FA
    Would Never happen, so you expect Melo to go to a garbage team for a year and waist a prime year without getting an extension plus risking a injury opting in

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    20,639
    vCash
    1000
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzace137:27827098
    Quote Originally Posted by xxplayerxx23 View Post
    First off we wouldn't have cap. He would have to get traded opt in for a year and sign back in 015. That would be perfect lol get whatever we can get + top 5 pick next year + cap space for three FA
    Would Never happen, so you expect Melo to go to a garbage team for a year and waist a prime year without getting an extension plus risking a injury opting in
    Yup. Close thread.

  11. #10
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic
    Posts
    3,815
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by THE MTL View Post
    There is a rule in the NBA that you cant resign with the team that traded you for like a year I believe.
    no...I think that's for a player that is released, not free agency.

    Ewing dunk past Mourning
    GIFSoup
    DANTONI IS:
    -HORRIBLE out of timeouts
    -HORRIBLE D
    -Too many 3's
    -PF is pushed to the 3 point line
    -Doesn't play BIGS
    -Dog Houses players
    -HORRIBLE management of players and motivation

    [QUOTE=Knick4Knack;22330620]
    Go out on your front lawn, take a dump and see how long your neighbors will talk about that little slice of life. That's what Mike D did to this franchise./QUOTE]

  12. #11
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    1,655
    vCash
    1500
    I don't like the thread topic ..and I disagree with any part of it.... ( there , how's that? ) smdh....

  13. #12
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    36,552
    vCash
    1500
    Starting in 2013-14, teams above the apron cannot receive a player in a sign-and-trade transaction.
    Add to that the fact it can't be more than 4 years, this will be very difficult to pull off.

    this is not the old days and Knicks are not in a great position to get anything like we gave up for Melo. At this point folks you invested so much in him you must build around him.

    That said you instead of waiting for chandler to walk for free you trade him for young talen that won't take up much cap space. This is a more doable option based on the fact Chandler will be wanted by a playoff team who can give up an expiring Vet (for trade purposes) and give us a young player and pick.

    Don't call me a Chandler hater, because I'm not, he just don't fit with this club and he will walk for free after this year, remember we can't keep him and get Melo talent so trade him now instead of waiting another full season and he may lose more value.

    If the knicks could get a player like Lamb, or Drummond ( I said like lol) who cares who the expiring vet is and a pick the knicks should grab it now.



    Now I can't fly my airplane

  14. #13
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Queens, NY
    Posts
    5,035
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by still a fan View Post
    Add to that the fact it can't be more than 4 years, this will be very difficult to pull off.

    this is not the old days and Knicks are not in a great position to get anything like we gave up for Melo. At this point folks you invested so much in him you must build around him.

    That said you instead of waiting for chandler to walk for free you trade him for young talen that won't take up much cap space. This is a more doable option based on the fact Chandler will be wanted by a playoff team who can give up an expiring Vet (for trade purposes) and give us a young player and pick.

    Don't call me a Chandler hater, because I'm not, he just don't fit with this club and he will walk for free after this year, remember we can't keep him and get Melo talent so trade him now instead of waiting another full season and he may lose more value.

    If the knicks could get a player like Lamb, or Drummond ( I said like lol) who cares who the expiring vet is and a pick the knicks should grab it now.
    Agreed on the last point, trading Tyson makes a lot of sense. If the Clippers gave us Blake for Melo that's a deal I would take as well, it makes sense for both teams but it probably won't happen. I could see Tyson getting traded in an effort to keep Melo.

  15. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2
    vCash
    1500
    Melo is not going anywhere because there are no good situations for him. Realistically, the only teams he would go to are either the Lakers or Clippers. He won't go to the Lakers because they stink & Kobe is at the end of his career. The Clippers budget maxes out unless there is a Griffin for Melo deal, which neither team would make. My hunch: Melo will resign with the Knicks for a max contract & hope for the best. He is getting more money in the NY market from that new sneaker campaign with J.B. Smoove, which happens to be a series of great commercials. If Melo left then he would want to be a contender & the potential contenders for next year won't have room for him or he just would not want to go to.

  16. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    2
    vCash
    1500
    Knicks are not moving Tyson. He still has 1 more year on his contract after this season. The Knicks have a shot at winning the division & making a 2nd round push in the playoffs if healthy. With that in mind, & having doubts, the Knicks would have a shot at advancing.

    If one looks at the teams who would trade for Chandler, look at the Mavs (1st round pick & a role player), Hawks (1st round pick and a role player), possibly Cavs (Waiters & 1st round pick for Chandler & Shumpert), OKC (1st round pick & a role player), if these teams have 1st round picks. If these teams do better with Chandler then the 1st round pick would be in a worse position. No team is going to give up a top 1st pick for Chandler. It does not look worth trading Chandler if the Knicks have a shot at winning a garbage division & having decent playoff positioning.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •