4 19.05%
Page 159 of 262 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,385 of 3930

Thread: Trash Can

vCash
    NL Central

Newark

Lineup:

I like what youíve done so farÖto a certain point. It remains to be seen what Jeter will do coming off of a significant ankle injury, as well as being another year older. I personally donít have a problem with Melky, but it remains to be seen how much the PED scandal will hurt his value. Kemp/Votto is a SOLID ĺ, probably one of the best in the game. Youk in the 5 hole doesnít really do much for me, heís steadily regressed sine posting a 5.9 WAR in 2009 and his advanced power numbers have also declined. Frazier has the potential to be a very good ball player and I donít see a problem with him in the 6 spot, any higher (except for 2), and I wouldnít like it so much.

Suggestion:

Look for a bigger bat to hit in the 5 hole and move Youk down or find a way to hit him 2. Maybe even a LH bat to split Youk and Frazier if you canít maneuver around them.

Rotation:

I can buy into Cueto as an ace, heís had back to back impressive seasons. I donít know what some people are hesitant about in not wanting to call him an ace, but I think heís fine. Porcello and Maholm are underwhelming, but theyíll get the job done for you. I just donít get the correlation for Porcelloís advanced statsÖ.heís been relatively good, yet ends up with an ERA near 5, which may hurt you in some votersí eyes. His low K rate probably doesnít help him, either. Also, you need a horse. Porcello-182 IP, Maholm is consistent in terms of 180ish innings, and Cueto just had his first season of 200+ IP, previous high was 185.

Suggestion:

Find a solid vet guy who will throw 180-200 IP out of your 4th spot. Keep it consistent.

Overall:

There is still a lot to be determined about this team. Could go either way. I think with the right types of players with your next couple picks, your team could do some serious damage, and you also have the name value to help you do it.

Cicero

Lineup:

Mauer and Pujols is a very scary thought. They compliment each other so well that itís like they were meant to be. Outside of that, Iím not really a huge fan though. Fowler, while good, his stats are heavily inflated by Coors. Every offensive category sees a big drop off on the road. I understand itís a redraft though, and obviously he wasnít your first choice, I just think heís a product of Coors (a la former Cub undrafted) . DeJesus is a solid 2 hitter, one I was looking at myself, but heís nothing special. Heíll grind out a solid year with a high OBP and plus defense, but he wonít turn heads. Brings us to Josh Willingham. While I know the stats are fine, I just feel like heís due to regress a bit in the power department. Iím not so sure that heíll hit 35 HRís again and he wont give you a big boost name value wise, but Iím sure you can argue as to why heíll be effective at Busch. Andre Ethier is decent, but his splits this year were atrocious. Exact quote from FG, ďEthier could find himself a platoon player next year given his struggles (.218/.270/.324) against left-handed pitchers, the LA Times reportsĒ (Fangraphs). Thatís pretty bad against LHP and Ethier might have hit that point where the idea of a platoon starts creeping in on him. Escobar is fine as a 7 hitter, probably be one of the better 7 hitters in the league as I expect his OBP to go back up and him to be fine in 2013.

Suggestion:

Maybe try and shake things up with a deal? Iím not really sure here, to be honest. This offense has a potentially deadly 3-4-5 with a 2 hitter with a very high OBP. The table is set, could get scary if you shake things up a bit.

Rotation:

Kyle Lohse is pretty solid, has thrown really well for the past 2 years, but his periphs kinda scare me for being the only pitcher on your roster. Heís back home in Busch now, but I donít feel like he can lead possibly even an average staff with the other talent that is left right now.

Suggestion:

You need quality arms in the worst way. Maybe you have been saving up money and plan on going after some high priced guys, but you need effective innings eaters to help sure up the rotation behind Lohse. I understand SP flew off the board at certain points and I think you kind of got caught in between one of those runs.

Overall:

For going for an all out offensive approach, Iím not sure how I feel about this team. Since I live about 7 minutes away from Cicero, Iím scared to say anything for fear that the home crowd will come with pitchforks to get me Nonetheless, the rotation needs work. Maybe Iím being a bit picky, but Iím trying to be constructive for every team with what I see. Iím sure you know SP is your weakness and youíll work to address that.

London

Lineup:

You donít have an order listed, so Iíll just go down the list you have by position. I really like Avila and C is a weak spot, so I think you filled that well. He gets on base, isnít a defensive liability and has shown some sneaky power, so you could have done a lot worse. Mark TrumboÖI am not a fan. He strikes out a lot and hits HRís, I donít know if thereís much more to it than that. His K rate was at a career high of 26%. I just canít see him anchoring an offense as anything other than MAYBE a 5. You could do a lot worse, and I understand the power is nice and some people may feel differently, I just donít like him. Reddick is a guy that screams outlier year to me. His wRC+ was low (107-108), the HRís were nice and heís a solid defender. A .305 OBP from a 3 or 4 hitter is not going to bode well for you (assuming thatís where you hit him). Iím not on the Reddick bandwagon. Swisher, however, is a different story. I love Nick Swisher and I think he provides a lot of interesting opportunities with his flexibility. You could hit him 2-5 and I wouldnít have a problem with it. Might not be a very good lineup if he hits 3 or 4, but I could see it. Personally, Iíd suggest Swisher in the 2 spot. Seager is a guy that I will defend every day. He raked away from SafeCo, played solid defense, and is still young with room for improvement. I think you would be wise to point out his home/road splits and use that to your advantage . Iím guessing Aybar is your lead off hitter? Could be worse, I think that Aybar kind of flies under the radar for a guy who put up a 4.1 then 3.4 WAR as heís not in the top class of SS, but heís a solid guy. OBP has always been a little low (except 2009) for a leadoff guy, though.

Suggestion:

Find A true middle of the order bat. The guys you expect to do the damage in the middle look like a pair of 5 hitters in Trumbo and Reddick. The supporting pieces arenít bad, but you donít have that one guy who you want up to the plate in a big situation. Find that guy to center your lineup around and those other pieces look a lot better.

Rotation:

Impressive. King Felix is a top 5 SP in all of baseball and Halladay is a year removed from being top 5-10. Actually, same goes for Lincecum. I think you did very well buying low on Doc and Timmy. The only problem is that you will have to argue for regression back to the mean for both of them. You shelled out a lot of money for these three, you need to make sure they work as a strength for you, not a weakness, which they could if people think they may be done. Iím trying to look at every angle here, and I can see that being a concern. However, on paper, that rotation is pure filth.

Suggestion:

Find a LHP. Mix it up. If you find a decent enough one, (not that theyíre still available), Timmy can move to the 4 spot. Like I said, youíll face some concerns about whether theyíll return to form or not, but I wouldnít worry all that much.

Overall:

I love the SP, itís great. But the offense is really going to hinder you. Coming from someone who made the playoffs in the MLB redraft after basing a team off of pitching in a hitter friendly park (I had Crisp-Kipnis-Tex-Bruce-Seager with Gio-Greinke-Niese), people will always say your offense is too weak. Maybe move one of your 3 TORP type SP for a big bat and then things get clearer.

Springfield

Lineup:

David Murphy leading off makes sense because of his OBP, I would like to see him repeat this high OBP, though. He was a 4 WAR player this year, but in the past heís never topped 2. Not knocking you for it, just would like to see it again. Montero in the 2 spot is interesting. I see where youíre going with it and Iím curious to see how you finish out your lineup behind him. I see him as a top 5 catcher, and heíll give you plus offense relative to his position, just curious to see the final product. Aaron Hill hitting 3 is something I canít get behind. Heís very inconsistent and seems to fluctuate with his power constantly. Not something you want out of the 3 hole in your lineup. I donít think his wRC+, wOBA, or ISO are sustainable. The Grandyman was a good choice, as he still has a lot of thump left in his bat, but youíll have to deal with Kís and his ever declining defense. I like Desmond as he plays a premium position, but heíll need to show the power and keep his defensive numbers up again to establish himself. He could be on that cusp of one of the top tiers of SS, but I donít think heís a 5+ WIN SS. Iíd be more comfortable right around 4 wins.

Suggestion:

The problem I have with this offense is consistency. You have a collection of nice players, but Murphy, Desmond, Hill are all guys coming off of great years and I would assume that theyíll revert back towards their averages, or in Desmondís case, come back down to Earth a bit. Find a consistent guy to plug and play, maybe trade for a middle of the order guy?

Rotation:

I really like what you have going here. Hamels is a personal favorite of mine and I think heís a great guy to have head up a staff. To say he ďregressedĒ this year wouldnít be fair as he still put up a 4.5 win season with very good numbers in nearly every category. Heíll give up some HRís, but moving to PNC should help that. Gallardo is a very solid 2. He has now posted four consecutive seasons where his ERA/FIP/xFIP have all stayed under 4. The only alarming thing is, again, the HRís. Considering heíll, like Hamels, move to PNC should help him out as well. Also love that you go LHP/RHP at the top. Masterson is a guy I personally think is much better than his stats tell. His GB% is awesome, but those periphs shot up this year. I think he may need a trade out of Cleveland, but as a 3 on your staff, I like it.

Suggestion:

Not much of a problem with this staff, at all. Look to add some vet arms to the back end of the rotation and maybe some guys that will eat innings up and I think youíll have one of the better rotations in the redraft.

Overall:

Offense will struggle, but the pitching is very good. I think if you can find some offensive pieces to help you out, you can make a push. There arenít a lot of impact bats left at this point, so maybe a trade is in order to help sure up the offense.

Thunder Bay

This guy must suck, Iím not doing his PR.

RANKINGS:

Newark

Cicero
    London
    Springfield

Newark is the class of the 4/5 teams ranked in this division, I wonít rank my own team. Cicero, London, and Springfield are close relative to each others teams, but with a move or two, any of them can land up top. The bottom 3 are ordered based on their position in the PR, I think theyíre all interchangeable to be honest.

vCash
    No AL West

Studying for my last final at 10:30. I'll probably start with the AL PRs tonight.

Looking to move up a bit from my next pick to an upcoming pick. Let me know

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AI4LIFE View Post
    My only problem with them is that A-Gon is not in a "power decline", he just had a down year. The guy put up a SLG% over .500 from 2006-2011. I don't see a trend of decline, it's more like slugging .463 in 2012 is a down year by his standards.
    A-Gon iso power % has gone down every year since 09, and in 2010 during the second half of the season his slugging % was .485. I view that as a decline, do i think he will slug below .500 in 2012? I don't, but i don't think he will put up huge power numbers again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by xnick5757 View Post
    I know my lineup isn't the greatest, but I wouldn't consider it bad... each batter is at least above average

2010-2012

Avila - 114 wRC+
    Trumbo - 113 wRC+
    Aybar - 106 wRC+ (last two years)
    Seager - 108 wRC+ (last year)
    Swisher - 129 wRC+
    Reddick - 103 wRC+

and our home field is one of the most batter friendly ones, miller field...

and in terms of pitching:

2010 - 2012

Doc - 3rd lowest FIP
    King Felix - 7th lowest FIP
    Lincecum - 22nd lowest FIP

but thanks for the PRs!
    But with Reddick not sure if he will repeat and yeah everyone is fine, and in a sense everyone is graded harsher because of 4 less teams
    And as for the rotation those numbers semi lie cause i'm not sure if doc or linc will be the same pitchers they were in 2010

vCash
    I bet seager hits well away from Seattle too

vCash
    He does, I mentioned that for them in my PR.

NL East almost done.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fukudome View Post
    He does, I mentioned that for them in my PR.

NL East almost done.
    I was talking about Duquette's dont be a dickmunch :throwpoop:

vCash
    :cry:

I'm getting tired of doing PR's right about.....now.

vCash
    the freak is on the block for a big bat

Thanks for the Memories Suarez!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Nomar View Post
    I bet seager hits well away from Seattle too
    Oh i'm sure he does, and he is a solid/good player, but i see a lack of a true true offensive threat that would scare anyone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fukudome View Post
    :cry:

I'm getting tired of doing PR's right about.....now.
    Push through, i'm done with the NL now

vCash
    NL East

Crotch Crescent

Lineup:

De Aza up top is solid, had a very good year. Like I have said for a lot of teams thus far, I need to see it from him again. Over the course of his career, heís been a guy who has gotten on base pretty well, so I donít expect it to change, just need to see it. I really like Prado. Offers a ton of flexibility and brings a nice bat, heís underrated. Coming off of a down year, he put up a very solid line, love his OBP. Perfect guy to hit in a two hole. Not a ton of power, doesnít K a lot, and gets on base. Giancarlo Stanton is Giancarlo Stanton. He might hit 427 HRís in a season at Citizens Bank Park. Heís a personal favorite of mine, but he is a very dirty man. AGon is someone I was hoping to draft myself (Surprise?!). The dip in power is a concern, but he will definitely do what his main function in this lineup is, and thatís protect Stanton. I see a better year for AGon ahead. Cespedes is interesting. I donít think this is what people expected after he went like 0-17 in Dominican Winter Ball, he had a really solid year. Again, MOAR OBP. Heíll do well in this lineup. Andrelton Simmons is already touted as the best defensive SS there is and he brought his bat with him last year. However, Iím not sure this is sustainable. Even if he regresses pretty significantly on the offensive end, his defense is THAT good to keep him in a lineup. Infante is a plus defender, which makes him and Simmons dirty. His bat is more ďmehĒ to me. Heís a 9 hitter. Heíll do his job. He was a UTIL All Star

Suggestion:

Get a speed guy to hit 9 and move Infante to 7. Or Simmons to 7 and Infante to 8. I think youíd be better off with a guy who can create some chaos at the bottom of the order and while Infante is solid, heís not that guy.

Rotation:

Lots of 2/3 type guys. Sanchez has been pretty consistent over the past 3 years and there are worse guys to build a rotation around, but I canít buy into him as an ace, which I know is not what youíre trying to make him out to be, but heís the best SP you have. Garza might be the worst throwing pitcher ever. If you havenít seen his throw against the Brewers? Then youtube it. Threw the ball 10 rows into the stands. Anyway, heís pretty good at the pitching thing. His injury is a little cause for concern and he hasnít been as good as he was in 2011. FIP was up last year and he gave up a LOT of HRís. Still solid. Garcia is a guy who gets it done. Numbers have been impressive every year he has been in the big leagues. The one concern I have is his IP. Heís only thrown over 165 IP once in his career and had some nagging injuries. When heís out there, heís very good.

Suggestion:

You need an innings eater who will help cover for Garcia if he goes down, or even Garza. A solid vet arm could do wonders for your staff, but I like the idea behind it.

Overall:

I think this is a very good team. My main concern would be trying to get an ace if you can find the right deal. Maybe draft another solid SP and trade your pitching depth for a stud? Also, a good 6 hitter would do wonders for your already above average offense.

Tokyo

Lineup:

Iím a Ruggiano fan, but I donít think he should be a leadoff hitter. This was the first time he broke 120 AB in a season and I think heís better suited further down in the order. Beltran is a stud and is coming off of back to back impressive seasons. I really like the idea of him in the two hole, but with what I see in the rest of the order, he might be best suited moving to the 3. Dunn is Dunn. You know exactly what youíll get from him. I explained my thought process for wanting to draft him in 2 words, power and OBP. Dunn sees a lot of pitches and will help the rest of your order. HanRam rebounded a from his abysmal 2011, btu I donít think heíll get back to the level he was at before. I think 2012 HanRam is what we can expect moving forward, which isnít a bad thing. Playing him at SS brings his value back up, too. McCann is a question mark, IMO. Heís hurt, but only expected to miss a week or two of the season. If Grandal is fair game, then so is McCann. He had an awful 2012, to put it lightly. I expect a much better season from him, but thereís no way of knowing. My money is on regressing towards the mean though.

Suggestion:

I know all lineups are subjective, but I would try and draft a leadoff type guy and move everyone down a slot in the order. I think Ruggiano could be alright in the 2 hole. Just cant buy into him being a leadoff guy.

Rotation:

Very dirty. Price is about as sure of an ace as you can get. All heís done since 2010 is dominate the toughest division in baseball, logging 208 IP or more for three consecutive seasons. And now his GB% jumped from 44% to 53%. Goodnight. Darvish really impressed me this year and I could see him being an ace himself. Iím not really sure how some people expected him to fail. Anyway, 10.4 K/9, periphs all solid, heís about as good as a #2 as youíre gonna find. I loved the Medlen pick for you guys. You were absolutely the right team to take him. You wonít lean on him with Darvish and Price, but heíll still play a key role in your success. Absolutely filthy this year. Surprise, another Braves SP is breaking out.

Suggestion:

Donít really have a suggestion. Two vets with experience who log a decent amount of innings and youíre fine. Hell, Kei Igawa could be your 5 and youíd be fine.

Overall:

I love the SP so much. I think the offense is good enough to push that staff forward. I would really consider moving your lineup around, as I suggested, but I understand thatís how you see it. Great start here.

Flint

Lineup:

I really like Neil Walker. I think he kind of flies under the radar and just goes about his business. Heís one of those guys that just goes about doing his job. Good OBP, alright defender, sneaky 10-15 HR pop. Very nice 2 hitter. Now the CarGo problem. Considering where you picked him, very good value. Obviously, Iím sure youíre very aware of his horrendous splits. His splits for away games are THAT drastic. In name value, heís a 3 hitter, but considering you play in Marlins Park, I think he might struggle mightily to get going. Adrian Beltre is a man. The guy rakes consistently while being a top notch defender. I wish I could say more, there just isnít much more to say. Heíll hit HRís, three years of 28 or more. Heíll drive in runs, 3 years of 100+ RBIís. He aven hits around .300 every year, One of my favorite players. Garrett Jones is a bit different. Heíll provide power and some alright protection for Beltre. However, he hasnít posted a strong OBP since 09 and heís a pretty terrible defender. 2012 was the best year heís had since 2009 and Iím not so sure heíll keep that up. First, Jed Lowrie has never played 100 games in an MLB season. He had a breakout year of sorts, but he only played 97 games. I like Lowrieís potential, but I donít think I can look at him seriously before he can log a full season.

Suggestion:

I would flip CarGo and Beltre. Beltre is your best hitter, you want him at the plate more often. Also, it creates L/R/S for you in terms of handedness. Jones and Lowrie are question marks to me, not too sure what to expect of them. Make sure you get people with high OBPís to get on base for the core of your order.

Rotation:

R.A. Dickey has to be considered an ace, so you started off well. Iím not sold on knuckleballers in general, but itís hard to argue with what the reigning Cy Young winner has done. 2012 was his best season yet, but the HRís started going up on him. Could be something to watch for. Vogelsong struggled mightily in the second half of the season. His numbers were decent, but theyíre trending upwards. I consider him more of a #3 starter. Billingsley is solidÖbut he might need TJ surgery. His innings are trending downwards as well, so that could be a concern. He was better this year, but he hasnít been quite able to capture his 2010 form again. Could be a solid #3.

Suggestion:

Dickey is a #1, for sure. But the way I see it, you have two #3ís after Dickey. I would try and find a way to solidify my rotation if I were you.

Overall:

I think this team trails the first two. Your lineup outside of Beltre and Walker is somewhat unimpressive, and I understand that CarGo was great value, but his splits are still awful. If you can pull off a deal or two, you can get back in it, but this is a very rough divisioin. In the Central, you might be a little better off.

Bakersfield

Lineup:

Choo knows how to get on base, and thatíll bode well in your leadoff spot. Some people want to say heís a platoon guy at this point, but I think platoons went from being underrated to overrated on this site very quickly. Chooís fine there. VMart is a guy I wanted badly, love the idea of him in the 2 spot. Gets on base, sets the table very well. Health is my main concern with him, but itís not a very big one. Holliday is so consistent, canít believe he fell to where he did. Great #3 guy with the right guys in front of him, heíll do lots of damage. Santana has put together back to back solid seasons for a very underwhelming Cleveland team. Again, great OBP and the necessary pop to protect Holliday. Davis has great pop, but man does he K a TON. Heíll give you HRís and decent OBP, but I donít know if heíll ever hit 30+ HRís again. Uggla was very good value where you got him. I would have issue with him if he were hitting anything but 5 or 6, but heís perfect where you have him. He should rake.

Suggestion:

Not really anything I can say that would make this better. Maybe get some speed for the bottom of the order? Thatís about it.

Rotation:

Love Cliff Lee. Heís incredibly solid and consistent. You pretty much know what youíre getting out of him. Heís a great guy to lead a staff. Five consecutive lights out seasons and I donít see it ending this year. Also, five consecutive seasons of at least 210 IP. I do have a problem with Danks, especially as a #2. Unless Danks reverts to his 2008-2010 form, heíll struggle as a 2. He was awful last year before getting injured, and his 2011 season had him trending downward. The problem with this game is that we vote before any of our guys will play a game in the 2013 season. I donít disagree that Danks will bounce back, but the voters wonít really care, IMO.

Suggestion:

Get at least a #3 guy to plusg in between Lee and Danks and you should be fine. Your lineup will cover up a lot of inconsistencies in your staff, which Lee will cover up about half of anyway.

Overall:

I love your offense and I love Lee, but you, like Cicero, need some SP in the worst way now. Pitching has flown off the boards for some reason in this redraft, so there are slim pickings now. However, I think youíll maneuver things accordingly and everything will end up working out fine.

RANKINGS

Tokyo
    Crotch
    Bakersfield

Flint

The top 3 teams are incredibly close, I have Tokyo slightly edging out Crotch and Bakersfield, for now. That top 3 of the rotation is devastating. However, this draft is far from over and teams may make some moves to improve themselves. I donít think weíll know who will win this division until all the votes are in.

vCash
    Thanks for the PR's Fuku. I don't think our lineup will be the same it is now come round 25, for now we are just filling spots and once our team is complete we will figure out the order. Ruggs is in the lead-off spot for now just due to his OBP.
    BRING BACK CHICUBS!!!

vCash
    I figured as much, makes sense.

vCash
    Fuku going ham today.