Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: Do the Pens have enough "goons" to protect ourselves?

Voters
2. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

1 50.00%
  • No

1 50.00%
    vCash

Do we have enough goons?

Serious question after what went down tonight in Calgary-Vancouver I was thinking to myself do we have enough guys to protect our studs.

We dont really have your typical big brawler, we have some guys that can fight but no one on our team scares anyone around the league from taking a run at someone.

I wish we could acquire some guys that can throw down just for protection insurance

If we had to send out 5 fighters (like what happened in that game tonight)
    Glass-Vitale-Sill
    Bortuzzo-Engelland

vCash
    Not the type of team we are. Engelland Glass Bortuzzo can handle that side of the game. The bs at the start in that game should not be in hockey!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Fighting is one thing, that crap and planned bs has to be gone from game. Suspend players, coaches , and gms. Fine players, coaches and gms. forfeit games and loose draft picks. Westgarth didn't even attempt on face off it was planned no doubt. Plain and simple it isn't hockey go watch mma or boxing if that is what you want (nothing against either of those sports) I watch both , actually go watch wwe if you want staged fighting as entertainment.
    crap whats is my name

vCash
    Kind of what T2 said, last night wasn't really indicative of anything we should be too worried about. If, for whatever reason, we ever find ourselves in a line brawl to start the game, we are almost guaranteed that Crosby or Malkin won't be on the ice.

Also, in some ways, I'd rather not have your prototypical goon anyway. Generally speaking, they have trouble skating, shooting, passing, etc. whereas having guys who can fight doesn't take up a roster spot and leave your team vulnerable whenever they are on the ice

vCash
    Its definitely not our style of play and i dont want to see a team like Calgary come to Pittsburgh who fights all the time and doesn't win.. with that said you still have to play teams with that mindset. Just curious on your guys position on whether or not you think our studs are "protected"

vCash
    I think they're protected. 9 times out of 10, the "goons" that other teams have will not even be on the ice the same time our stars are and the guys that do/would mess with them, know that they will have to answer for it