Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

NBA needs more superstar players

Seriously it really does. The NBA is so weak right now it's laughable. The only real superstars are LeBron, Durant and Tony Parker. and Parker is sorta getting old.

I remember when there was Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Garnett, Dirk, Nash, Malone, etc.

I think the main problem is the big men sorta suck today.

vCash
    You complain a lot.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Im_in_Mia_bish View Post
    You complain a lot.
    Ok

vCash
    Tony Parker a superstar LMFAO

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by holditdown:27823355
    Seriously it really does. The NBA is so weak right now it's laughable. The only real superstars are LeBron, Durant and Tony Parker. and Parker is sorta getting old.

I remember when there was Shaq, Kobe, Duncan, Garnett, Dirk, Nash, Malone, etc.

I think the main problem is the big men sorta suck today.
    Lebron and Durant are no-brainers but why is Parker a superstar and Paul George is not? I don't understand your criteria for "superstar".

And btw Kobe, Duncan, Garnett and Dirk are still playing.

vCash
    I don't think the NBA needs more superstars as much as it need more players with personality, not many players in the league has the charisma to match the likes of Shaq, GP, Barkley, Jordan, The Bad Boy Pistons, etc. As a whole the players of today's game exude too much business behavior, the interviews they do are so dry and robotic, lacks any sort of character in it. Only guy that comes even remotely close to having a personality in the league is Ron Artest IMO.

vCash
    NBA is more talented than ever, but it does seem like we lack upper echelon talent, that and elite/prospect bigs have had trouble staying healthy. That and players have gotten afraid to speak their minds on camera.

vCash
    when mj retired we had kobe. now its LeBron. tomorrow it'll be Durant, George, curry. there's superstars in the making every year

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor187 View Post
    I don't think the NBA needs more superstars as much as it need more players with personality, not many players in the league has the charisma to match the likes of Shaq, GP, Barkley, Jordan, The Bad Boy Pistons, etc. As a whole the players of today's game exude too much business behavior, the interviews they do are so dry and robotic, lacks any sort of character in it. Only guy that comes even remotely close to having a personality in the league is Ron Artest IMO.
    LeBron has tons of charisma.

most guys don't lack personality, they lack education. dude that needs to go back to grade school is earl clark

vCash
    I agree with this. There are a few things that are contributing factors:

Aging/retiring stars- Iverson, T-Mac, Roy, Arenas, and Yao all had their careers cut short. Shaq retired. Kidd retired. Duncan, Kobe, Dirk, Nash, KG, Pierce, and Ray Allen are all aging, among others. Rose and Westbrook have been hurt a lot. Oden never got a chance to get started. Those guys are hard to replace.

Lack of big personalities- Great point by GunFactor. Gilbert Arenas is an example of a guy who made himself a bigger star by his personality to go along with flat out just being fun to watch. Injuries and a stupid stunt ruined his career right in his prime. Guys are apprehensive to open up and be entertainers as well as ballers.

Social media- It kind of takes the mystique away from guys. It also has everyone and their dog picking apart everything a player says to ridiculous levels. Players are much more calculated in how they present themselves.

Being drafted too early- People are more worried about "upside" than they are drafting guys who are NBA ready. This hurts the college game and the NBA game. Nobody is a part of storied college teams any longer. No one stays long enough to accomplish that. And these raw guys are coming in on bad teams full of other raw guys and they get no exposure.

Superstars teaming up in free agency- I remember when more teams had a face of the franchise and guys stayed with the teams they made a name of themselves with. It's not like that any more. Now less teams are interesting.

vCash
    3 words

MIKE MOTHER****ING JAMES

Quote Originally Posted by PraiseJesus View Post
    My PREDICITON OF LEBRON GOING TO THE KNICKS WAS SPOT ON!!!!

JUST AS ALL MINE ARE.

I'M NEVER WRONG

FREE MY SOURCE PraiseJesus

vCash
    I think Blake is getting their in terms of personality, highlights and stats. Not talent though. An argument could be made for Paul George and Steph Curry as well. They definitely have the flash and thrills.

Melo, CP3 and Rondo are all borderline guys. DRose would be; but keeps getting hurt.

Canadian in Carolina. University of South Carolina Beaufort.
    vCash
    tony parker is a great player but to throw him in with durant and lebron is a little.... what O.o .. hes never even been the star or best player on his team . all time list Duncan> Parker. paul george is to me the hands down #3 player in the game right now. Chris Paul is a star player in my mind. kobe is hurt but hel be back. hes a MEGA mega star. Steph Curry on the rise. Kevin love is beast with amazing numbers. i dunno man. there are ALOT of big time players.. if youre asking for more Lebrons and Durants.. thats too much to ask for. were lucky to see them both playing at the same time.
    http://cdn.fansided.com/wp-content/blogs.dir/229/files/2013/11/NOAH.gif

SEATTLE SEAHAWKS 2014 SUPERBOWL CHAMPIONS!- BEASTMODE

BLUE JAYS

twitter
    https://twitter.com/NicolasONeill_

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GunFactor187 View Post
    I agree with this. Everybody is so worried about their public image now a days that they give the same boring canned responses game after game. But at least Kobe is still interesting.

vCash
    Has a lot to do with Kobe being out/slow decline I think. There's not a guy right now that is MUST watch basketball. So the effects are trickled down. Similar to wwe when the rock/ stone cold retired, john cena is great and all but popularity when down. You need that charismatic #1 guy.
    My Ignore list: Naps, bucketss, iknowhoops....

2014 Adopt a Packer
    Randall Cobb

Receptions:
    Yards:
    Tds:

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast