Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

RKelly tabbed as our new starting PF

After having a breakout performance in the win over the Boston Celtics, rookie Ryan Kelly has started to turn some heads on the Los Angeles Lakers coaching staff.

Apparently, Kelly’s career night was enough to convince head coach Mike D’Antoni to start the rookie against the Toronto Raptors on Sunday according to Mike Bresnahan of the L.A. Times:

In the win over the Celtics, Kelly scored a career-high 20 points in 34 minutes off the bench. The Duke product went 6-of-12 from the floor and 2-of-4 from beyond the arc while also ripping down four rebounds and going a perfect 6-for-6 from the charity stripe.

Kelly will get the start at the power forward position while Chris Kaman and Jordan Hill will come off the bench against the Raptors. Both Kaman and Hill have seen their minutes go up and down all season long with no real consistency in terms of playing time.

It’ll be interesting to see if the rookie can continue to impress the coaching staff and as a result receive more playing time moving forward.

http://www.lakersnation.com/lakers-n...rs/2014/01/18/
    ...A Dynasty A Cometh... 1225

vCash
    Translation:Kaman and Hill play too hard to allow them to continue tanking every night!!! Start R Kelly!!! LOL!!!

TANK NATION IN FULL EFFECT!!!!!

vCash
    I don't think this is surprising. Kelly is the only player on the Lakers' who is remotely qualified to be a stretch-four in the modern sense. He's really tall/long and he's got an excellent outside shot, and he's starting to find his offense better. What I think may have tipped the issue is the fact that he stepped up in all facets of the game against Boston, including hitting two clutch FT's that we'd all be raging about if Kobe had shot them.

Good for Kelly, and props to the Lakers for easing him into the pro game instead of just throwing him to the wolves, which they could have easily done given all the injuries.

As for Hill, I think something's up with him that isn't being talked about. I read a while back that he has some sort of on-again/off-again problem that can limit his minutes, and in the Boston game he barely played 11, went 1-4 and had one board. That's not the Hill we know when he's healthy.

Kelly played 34 minutes against Boston.

vCash
    Remix to ignition. Goldenshower..........

The Past, The Present...

The Future??!!

vCash
    Good for you Travis Knight 2.0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DisBeAliG View Post
    Good for you Travis Knight 2.0
    Travis Knight. One of the all-time worst Lakers!

I was so happy when we traded him, but then we traded FOR him again! WTF Jerry!

vCash
    Good. Give the young guys the development opportunity. Love it.

vCash
    Everyone gets a chance lol...Manny Harris will start soon too

vCash
    D'Antoni has found his new stretch 4 with Williams gone. Less time for Hill and Kaman. So remind me again why in the hell did the FO sign Kaman when we already have Gasol, Hill and Sacre. Did they not know that DAntoni despises big men?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bleedprple&gold View Post
    D'Antoni has found his new stretch 4 with Williams gone. Less time for Hill and Kaman. So remind me again why in the hell did the FO sign Kaman when we already have Gasol, Hill and Sacre. Did they not know that DAntoni despises big men?
    Kaman was signed to allow the Lakers to trade Pau without totally imploding, before we knew that we really wanted to implode. As the attempt to deal Pau to Deng showed, they're still serious about moving Pau, so Kaman is still useful in that regard.

vCash
    Stand out moment...2 clutch free throws to seal the game against the Celtics.

That showed mental fortitude...something that Dwight Howard couldn't do...hit clutch free throws.

Come on Dirk 2.0

Ya I went there too...I'm crazy today
    Tanking is the act of giving up a match or "throwing it away", losing intentionally or not competing.

This is not tanking...

Podcast

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Pierre The Poet View Post
    Everyone gets a chance lol...Manny Harris will start soon too
    Blake became our super star!
    The future?

vCash
    Pringles refuses to experiment!
    The future?

vCash
    Do What U Want, What U Want With the Line Up, Do What U want, Don't Stop, Keep Tanking.

vCash
    You know we have no depth when he's getting the starting nod. Whatever though, it's 'fun' seeing these new guys develope.

Free As Seagull.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast