Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Game 40 (1-18-14): Sixers (13-26) @ Bulls (18-20)

@

Philadelphia 76ers - Chicago Bulls

Date: January 18th, 2014
    Time: 8:00 PM EST
    Broadcast: CSN (TV), 97.5 FM (Radio)

Points per Game Assists per Game Rebounds per Game
    Sixers Turner 18.8 MCW 6.8 Hawes 8.8
    Bulls Boozer 15.0 Augustin 6.1 Noah 10.8

While only one team has been able to solve the resurgent Chicago Bulls since the start of 2014, the Philadelphia 76ers are having a difficult time staying competitive during their slump.

The Bulls hope to rebound from their second loss in three games by beating the 76ers for the eighth time in nine regular-season meetings at the United Center on Saturday night.

Chicago (18-20) has won six of eight this month, with both defeats coming against Washington over the last five days.

After snapping the Bulls' four-game home winning streak with Monday's 102-88 victory, the Wizards ended Chicago's four-game road win streak with a 96-93 victory in the nation's capital on Friday.

Kirk Hinrich finished with a season-high 18 points and D.J. Augustin added 16 with four 3-pointers, but the Bulls managed just one field goal in the final 5:16 and missed eight of their final nine shots.

With Mike Dunleavy bottled up on the final play, Jimmy Butler's 3-point attempt was blocked as time expired.

"We were gonna try Mike," said Butler, who played 38 minutes two days after recording a franchise-record 60 in a 128-125 triple-overtime victory at Orlando. "When he threw the ball to me, I was caught off guard by it. I think everybody was."

Although the Bulls rank near the top of the league by holding opponents to 43.1 percent shooting, they've allowed three consecutive opponents to shoot better than 50 percent for the first time since a four-game stretch from March 4-11, 2010.

Chicago, however, has limited Philadelphia to 87.5 points per game and 42 percent shooting while winning seven of eight regular-season home meetings.

The last-place 76ers (13-26) have cracked 50 percent once in their last 12 games after shooting 36.9 percent -- 2 for 20 from 3-point range -- in a 101-86 loss to visiting Miami on Friday. They've dropped five of six, with each loss coming by double digits.

Philadelphia also has committed 47 turnovers in its last two games.

"I think the turnovers are born out of some youth, some impatience and some of it is the system," coach Brett Brown said.

Tony Wroten led the 76ers with just 13 points against the Heat, while leading scorers Thaddeus Young, Evan Turner and Michael Carter-Williams combined for 28 and shot 8 for 28 from the field.

Since averaging 25.6 points on 55.9 percent shooting over an eight-game stretch, Young has scored 11.6 per game while shooting 35.3 percent in his last five.

In the third game of his rookie season, Carter-Williams had 26 points and 10 assists to key Philadelphia's 107-104 win over the visiting Bulls on Nov. 2.

Spencer Hawes finished with 18 points and 11 rebounds in that contest, and had 20 and 15 in a 93-82 loss in the most recent meeting in Chicago on Feb. 28.

Joakim Noah and Carlos Boozer teamed for 44 points and 33 boards for the Bulls, but combined for just 21 and 18 in Friday's loss.

Augustin has been a bright spot, totaling 35 points and hitting 7 of 14 from 3-point range in his last two games.

Chicago has won nine of 11 meetings overall at the United Center, including the 2012 playoff series in which eighth-seeded Philadelphia upset the top-seeded Bulls in six games.
    Injury Report:

Philadelphia:
    Lavoy Allen, F: Questionable (calf)
    Arnett Moultrie, F: Questionable (ankle)
    Jason Richardson, G: Out (knee)
    Nerlens Noel, C: Out (knee)

Miami:
    DJ Augustin, G: Questionable (ankle)
    Derrick Rose, G: Out (knee)

vCash
    Wroten is hurt and it doesn't look good. Knee/Ankle.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    ^any update on that?

vCash
    High ankle sprain.

vCash
    I hope Wroten gets better quick, he's one of the fun players to watch on this team haha. In other news…Tank on guys tank on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy76 View Post
    I hope Wroten gets better quick, he's one of the fun players to watch on this team haha. In other news…Tank on guys tank on.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Justsomeguy76 View Post
    LOL though I agree with exciting, I say take your time young man.

This mean ET has to be second team ball handler, and it can increase his trade value.