Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

NFL players behaving badly

In today's episode of athletes acting like azzhats we have this:

http://nypost.com/2014/01/17/jets-qb...y-cops-report/

What causes this behavior? It's not "being young" as some would preach, lots of people are young and don't act like jackasses. It's not being "famous" , lots of young famous guys in the NFL who don't act like jackasses.

So what is it?

And I lose all respect for Smith for trying to,play the race card. You're accusing somebody of being a racist and damaging their reputation with absolutely no evidence that your race had anything to do with it.

That's contemptable behavior IMO.

Jets quarterback Geno Smith was tossed off a flight in Los Angeles Friday after refusing the flight crew’s orders to stop blabbing on his cell phone, authorities said.
    “[Smith] pulled an Alec Baldwin,” an airport official told The Post, alluding to the time the hotheaded actor was tossed from a jet for playing a game on his phone.
    Smith had boarded a Virgin America airport flight from LAX back home to Fort Lauderdale when the altercation occurred.
    “[Smith] was on the plane. The crew didn’t push off [take-off] because he was on the phone. So, the captain ordered him off the plane. Virgin America wouldn’t rebook him,” the airport source said.
    Smith was already off the plane by the time airport police arrived.
    “When a flight attendant tells you to get off the plane, you get off the plane,” the insider said.
    A report initially published on the sports website Deadspin showed a picture a passenger had tweeted of two airport police talking to Smith

LAX sources expressed surprised that Smith was grounded because of all the airlines, Virgin America is considered the most laid back and least likely to call the police.
    Smith told authorities he got the hook because he was black.
    A source closed to the first-year QB said Smith was the victim, claiming an overzealous flight attendant triggered the incident.
    The Smith confidante said Smith was seated on the plane with his headphones on when a male flight attendant asked him to unplug them, but he didn’t hear the request.
    The flight attendant than yanked the cord connecting Smith’s headphones.
    The source said when Smith asked the flight attendant why he did that, the flight attendant told Smith he had been instructed to unplug the headphones and did not comply.
    Smith told the flight attendant that he did not hear him and the flight attendant then asked Smith to leave the airplane.
    Smith left the plane on his own and then asked to speak with a supervisor, who informed him he had to respect the flight attendant’s decision, the source said.
    The Jets issued a statement: “We are aware of the report and researching the fact. We will have no comment at this time.”
    Smith initially denied he had been tossed off the flight when a TMZ reporter interviewed him before he left the airport.
    “Don’t believe that man,” he told the website.
    FILED UNDERGENO SMITH, LOS ANGELES, NEW YORK JETS, POLICE
    READ NEXT:
    Seahawks’ Percy Harvin ruled out…
    Twitter
    Facebook
    Email

vCash

Athletes feel entitled. Some people feel the need to tare down those people. Plus this happens more often than you think. Just because its someone famous it gets out there what happens.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    So we have Smith being a d*** and Kellen Winslow playing with his d*** in public. Lovely!

vCash
    Who doesn't have jerks where you work? Dummies/jerks are all over the place, the NFL is no different.

vCash
    Was wondering who was going to make this topic. Not surprised at all lol.

Some athletes feel entitled. It's a shame, but thats just how it.
    Go Knicks!

All time

vCash
    Kellen Winslow and Davone Bess starting the offseason right as well.....Dumb move by Geno

vCash
    They're smoking those herbs from the store.

vCash
    From being in the spotlight. So many people look at them as idols that some feel they are above others.

vCash
    Winslow is a well known douchebag so that doesn't surprise me that much. Geno generally seems like a good guy., so this is a bit of a surprise. However, the whole story hasn't been revealed. ESPN is reporting it was his phone not headphone and the the asked to speak with police and no report was filed. Either way, not a big deal. Winslow is certainly gone however.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Athletes feel entitled. Some people feel the need to tare down those people. Plus this happens more often than you think. Just because its someone famous it gets out there what happens.
    This
    SABRES METS COWBOYS

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    In today's episode of athletes acting like azzhats we have this:

http://nypost.com/2014/01/17/jets-qb...y-cops-report/

What causes this behavior? It's not "being young" as some would preach, lots of people are young and don't act like jackasses. It's not being "famous" , lots of young famous guys in the NFL who don't act like jackasses.

So what is it?

And I lose all respect for Smith for trying to,play the race card. You're accusing somebody of being a racist and damaging their reputation with absolutely no evidence that your race had anything to do with it.

That's contemptable behavior IMO
    What if he really didn't hear him? I don't Geno but if someone yanked my headphones out, I wouldnt be too happy either.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 34_for_life View Post
    What if he really didn't hear him? I don't Geno but if someone yanked my headphones out, I wouldnt be too happy either.
    Was he unaware he was on a plane getting ready for takeoff?

Do you really believe he didn't know? Do you honestly believe he was sitting there minding his own business and somebody just ripped his headphones out? That make sense to you?

Assuming this was all some gigantic miscommunication, why is he pulling he race card? That alone shows him to be a douche.

vCash
    Of course Vic chooses this story and not this one from the Jets ESPN reporter:

Source said male flight attendant yanked headphones away from Smith and threw them down. Smith voluntary left place + and sought police.
    The Jets troll is at it again.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TheVicster View Post
    Was he unaware he was on a plane getting ready for takeoff?

Do you really believe he didn't know? Do you honestly believe he was sitting there minding his own business and somebody just ripped his headphones out? That make sense to you?

Assuming this was all some gigantic miscommunication, why is he pulling he race card? That alone shows him to be a douche.
    Maybe the steward was a racist. Maybe he overreacted. Maybe Geno has a sense of self entitlement. Fact is, you weren't there, thus you don't know. Why speculate? When I read the article I didn't automatically jump to the conclusion that Geno was the one at fault.
    "All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident."
    —Arthur Schopenhauer (German philosopher, 1788-1860)

15. 01-19-2014, 06:41 PM
    Reason
    baiting (lflol)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 34_for_life View Post
    Maybe the steward was a racist. Maybe he overreacted. Maybe Geno has a sense of self entitlement. Fact is, you weren't there, thus you don't know. Why speculate? When I read the article I didn't automatically jump to the conclusion that Geno was the one at fault.
    While you are entitled,to your,opinion, im entitled to mine which is that anybody who accuses somebody doing their job of being a racist, with absolutely no evidence that the person IS a racist, is a DB.

Perhaps if someone accused you of being a racist, sexist, whatever at work you'd have a different take,on it.

IDK?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast