Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Coaching staff changes

Both coordinators are gone.

Jay Gruden is the new head coach of the Washington Redskins.
    Mike Zimmer is the new head coach of the Minnesota Vikings.

I'm okay with the Gruden loss but I hate to see Zimmer go. He really made our defense into something that a lot of other coaches would not have been able to. Zimmer will be replaced by linebackers coach, Paul Guenther. He is a guy that has a similar coaching philosophy to Zimmer but Zimmer has a mind that cant be replaced. I have faith in Guenther, but it'll be some big shoes to fill.

Guenther does have a little bit of a foot in the door though. He coached both defensive line and linebackers. He had a lot of say in the blitz and coverage packages. The only thing that worries me is our secondary. A new guy and some raw, thin talent to work with. I do like that he is a relationship guy. He should keep a positive environment on the defensive side of the ball.

Hue Jackson, formally our running backs coach will replace Jay Gruden... Love it. I would have liked to see us do some interviews with coaches on both sides of the ball, but Brown being Brown didn't wanna spend money. I think he got lucky with what he has in Hue Jackson. Jackson has already come out and said we need to be more aggressive on the offensive side of the ball. I love to hear that. No more fitzy ditzy footwork in the backfield. Im looking forward to some smash mouth football from our offense next year. I really do want to see us use Bernard more in the screen game and just use Eifert a lot more in general.

I do want to wish Mike Zimmer and Jay Gruden good luck in their head coaching careers! I hate to see Zimmer go to Minnesota, being a Packer fan. But it'll be easier to see them win then it ever has.

Kyle Caskey will be the new running backs coach. I don't really know too much about the guy. David Lippincott will replace Guenther with the linebackers.
    Last edited by brewboy288; 01-27-2014 at 05:05 PM.
    Milwaukee Brewers
    Milwaukee Bucks
    Green Bay Packers
    Cincinatti Bengals
    BOSTON BRUINS OR DIE

Ive got a twitter! @WiteJamesHarden
    I follow back!