Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Thread: Kershaw HOF?

vCash

Kershaw HOF?

This is just for fun, if Kershaw does comparable to his last 3 years for the next 2 is he a HOFer. Koufax had 5 elite years and is an unquestionable HOFer, is Clayton on that level?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bigboyblu View Post
    This is just for fun, if Kershaw does comparable to his last 3 years for the next 2 is he a HOFer. Koufax had 5 elite years and is an unquestionable HOFer, is Clayton on that level?
    For Koufax, the fact that his career ended so abruptly actually helped him, Koufax is a guy who over his 12 year career posted a 53.2 rWAR and 46.6 of it came in the back half of his career. He had a pretty good season in 1961 followed by 5 great seasons, with his final season being an all time great one, that really helped him.

Kershaw has been much better than Koufax to start his career, though Sandy's last 6 years were so much more amazing than what Kershaw has done these 6 years.

vCash

Kershaw HOF?

I think all he needs to do is play out his contract as an above average pitcher (I expect him to continue his dominance however) and he's in. He already has a bunch of all star nods, 2 cy youngs (shoulda been 3) he's accomplished a lot so far in his young career.

Your baby can't do this

vCash
    If he manages to stay healthy, yeah.

But other great pitchers have had injuries that stopped them from getting to the HoF. He's on a good pace, though.

vCash
    Put it this way, if he continues this pace he is on ( consistently leading in era, strikeouts,whip) for the bulk of his new contract and he doesn't get in, then I don't think any pitcher from this era of baseball has a shot at the hof. He needs 2-3 more seasons like this and I think he is in. I absolutely think he is worth this contract though regardless if he makes it to hof. Keeping Kershaw insures us to be competitive for the foreseeable future imo.

The Past, The Present...

The Future??!!

vCash
    Yeah, he's almost a virtual lock for the HOF if he just can stay relatively healthy and even put up a good 5 more years, he doesn't even need to be dominant, although I think he will stay dominant for these next 5 years atleast.

He's only 25 too, incredible..

vCash
    He's going to win 3 more Cy Young Awards and 1 MVP before his current contract is done, he would be the best pitcher in history by the time he hits 30. He should have 3 Cy Youngs right now, what a joke

vCash
    Let's wait until he's got 10 seasons under his belt before we can begin having these discussions.

Future Hall of Shamers:
    (1) B.A.L.C.O. Barroids (2) Mark McJuicer (3) Jose Chem-seco (4) Rafael Palmeiroids (5) Ken Chem-initi (6) Jason Gi-andro (7) Ryan Fraud (8) Muscle Melk (9) Woman-Ram (10) Shammy Sosa (11) Roger Clear-mens (12) A-Roid