Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Game 50: Calgary Flames (16-26-6) @ Vancouver Canucks (24-16-9) - January 18, 2014

CALGARY FLAMES @ VANCOUVER CANUCKS

Friday: January 18th, 2014 @ 7:00 PM PT
    TV: CBC, RADIO: Team 1040

GM PLACE

TEAM LEADERS

Code:
                        Vancouver:               Calgary:
    Goals:              Ryan Kesler - 17         Monahan/Cammalleri - 13
    Assists:            Henrik Sedin - 31        Jiri Hudler - 27
    Plus/Minus:         Daniel/Santo - 10        Jiri Hudler - 1
    PIM:                Tom Sestito - 152        Brian McGrattan -78
    GOALTENDER COMPARISON

VS
    Kaari Ramo...Eddie Lack

22...GPI...20
    2.80...GAA...2.18
    .903...SV%....922
    1...SO...2

---------------------------------

PREDICTIONS:

Winner:

Final score:

GWG Scored in:

First Star:

GUESTS SIGN UP HERE!!!
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Kellan Lain makes his NHL debut and gets 2 seconds and an ejection! Good riddance.

You know your team really sucks when they decide to have a line brawl to open a game against the lowly Flames. Seriously pathetic.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by ink View Post
    Kellan Lain makes his NHL debut and gets 2 seconds and an ejection! Good riddance.

You know your team really sucks when they decide to have a line brawl to open a game against the lowly Flames. Seriously pathetic.
    Down to 4 D.

Canucks need to quit these pointless altercations.
    So Anna, what do you think about the notion that Russell Wilson is better than Andrew Luck?

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sfgiants5518 View Post

Down to 4 D.

Canucks need to quit these pointless altercations.
    Bieksa gone right?

vCash
    Good win.

vCash
    Bieksa gone right?
    Think it was Bieksa/Garrison.

<3

vCash

Torts did the same exact thing as coach of the Rangers against NJ including having a tough guy dman line up as a forward for the puck drop.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SLY WILLIAMS View Post
    Torts did the same exact thing as coach of the Rangers against NJ including having a tough guy dman line up as a forward for the puck drop.
    Problem is torts crossed the line going to the locker room. It will cost him dearly I assume $$$. And it makes the organization look bad.

vCash
    I think Bieksa lining up to take the faceoff wasn't torts decision. I think Bieksa thought of that on his own when he saw who Lain was matched up with.

<3

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by nyr2002nyr View Post
    Problem is torts crossed the line going to the locker room. It will cost him dearly I assume $$$. And it makes the organization look bad.
    The hilarious thing about this is that it was the final game of a big, hyped-up Hockey Day in Canada extravaganza on CBC and instead of having a classy national sport we have Slapshot (i.e. slapstick) hockey satire. Disgusting to see a great sport look so pathetic.
    Last edited by ink; 01-19-2014 at 03:22 PM.

vCash
    torts answers some questions about the brawl and about getting the win ...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/t...-tremendously/

vCash
    I'm not a pacifist. I like fighting in hockey but over the years I have lost so much respect for Torts. He almost always blames somebody else for his poor behavior whether its players, coaches or the media. He blamed Hartley this time? He blamed Deboers when he did the same thing against the Devils. The irony here is that Torts had Prust and Rupp start in a previous game vs the Devils. Deboer said he either had memory loss or was a hypocrite.

Torts likes dogs. I respect that.

vCash
    You know what? I say **** it. If the other team wants to put their goons out there, I'd rather us fight them then ***** out. If we are supposed to be a tough team lets prove it.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by carson005 View Post
    You know what? I say **** it. If the other team wants to put their goons out there, I'd rather us fight them then ***** out. If we are supposed to be a tough team lets prove it.
    I have no problem with that but that is not enough for Torts. He will make himself the story. Its about his own ego. He will apologize in one breath and then put himself out as a hero just trying to protect his players in the next. In 3 years you will understand if not sooner. No matter what he actually says in my opinion the game and the fight are secondary for Torts. Its all about him.

vCash
    I have no problem with that but that is not enough for Torts. He will make himself the story. Its about his own ego. He will apologize in one breath and then put himself out as a hero just trying to protect his players in the next. In 3 years you will understand if not sooner. No matter what he actually says in my opinion the game and the fight are secondary for Torts. Its all about him.
    Oh I hate Torts, I just meant on a team level.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast