Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Create Your Ideal Jazz Team

Apart from who is on the current roster (and if you can avoid it, any former teammates) who would make up your ideal team? To make this actually interesting, try to select players who's salaries would fit within or close to the salary cap ($58.679 million.) It should be interesting to see who we as fans view as a prototypical Jazz players that would fit together to produce Jazz brand basketball. Heck, even pick a coach if you want.

vCash
    Here's mine for example:

C Roy Hibbert ($14.28)
    PF Al Horford ($12.00)
    SF Michael Kidd-Gilchrist ($4.80) Rookie Contract
    SG James Harden ($13.70)
    PG Mike Conley ($8.00)

Bench:
    PF/C Channing Frye ($6.40)
    PF Jason Smith ($2.50)
    PG CJ Watson ($2.01)
    SG Marco Belinelli ($2.75)
    SG Evan Fournier ($1.42) Rookie Contract
    SF Dreymond Green ($0.87) Rookie Contract
    C/PF Kelly Olynyk ($1.98) Rookie

Reserves:
    C Steven Adams ($2.09) Rookie
    PF Quincy Acy ($0.78) Rookie Contract

That put the team salary at $73.58 which is roughly what the Clippers are paying this year. To put a contender together it'd be worth the luxury tax. I tried to be realistic with the amount of rookies and guys on rookie deals, although it's still a little unrealistic.

This team would have it's fair share of defense, scoring from multiple spots and hustle guys. Egos don't seem like they'd be an issue which seems to be a value to the organization. Imagine the pick and roll game with Conley, Harden and Horford. Shooting may be sparse in the starting line up but you can mix and match with options on the bench with Frye, Belinelli and Fournier. Green and Smith would provide plenty of spark off the bench which would make them fan favorites. You can assign Kidd-Gilchirst and Green on the opponent's iso scorers. Horford and Hibbert would lock down the paint and I think Horford is versatile enough to create space to not clog the lane too much with Hibert (similar to what Indiana's doing with West.) Last but not least, with Harden the Jazz would have their offensively gifted superstar in Harden to command the respect we desire.
    Last edited by b_russ; 01-18-2014 at 02:39 AM.

vCash
    PG-Steph Curry $9,887,642
    SG-Danny Green $3,762,500(would have chosen hayward if I had been able)
    SF-Kevin Durant $18,773,176(if I wanted to save money paul george)
    PF-Anthony Davis $5,375,760
    C- Roy Hibbert $14,283,844

that comes to 52 million which acutally leaves quite a bit for the bench if I wanted it. that team would have the best interior defense in the league and an awesome shooting team on the outside. curry is the only player here who is not a 2 way player, but it is ok to have one person who isn't a good defensive player. Lebron realistically should be on any list of ideal players, but if say we somehow got him at the trade deadline I would put our chances of keeping him here at 0 percent. I have no idea how durant, davis, hibbert, and curry would like utah but I would always take a chance on talent.

vCash
    I thought about Paul George and Steph Curry too, but with George I felt like I was cheating with too many rookie contracts and I replaced Curry with Conley to save a couple million and gain some defense (while loosing offense.)