Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Kevin Durant should be shooting more

I can't believe the Thunder only manage to give this guy 19 shots a night. That's just ridiculous to me.

A lot of people said he didn't have the strength to get open off ball. Maybe early in his career, but not anymore.

Guy is unstoppable. Needs to be shooting at least 22-23 times a night.

vCash
    That awkward moment when you forget he's had mostly average shooting percentages the last 4-6 games since westbrooke went down. He's having a good game so far tonight, doesn't mean it's a continuous thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnom11 View Post
    That awkward moment when you forget he's had mostly average shooting percentages the last 4-6 games since westbrooke went down. He's having a good game so far tonight, doesn't mean it's a continuous thing.
    If a guy cannot be stopped then it's good for the team for that guy to keep shooting.

vCash
    You realize this is his best shooting performance since WB went down right? He's having a good night. Over the last 6 or so games he has not been so lucky.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Fnom11 View Post
    You realize this is his best shooting performance since WB went down right? He's having a good night. Over the last 6 or so games he has not been so lucky.
    6 game sample size is not that large.

When you watch Durant play he's a guy that creates his own shot very well. I doubt you'd see diminishing returns if started taking more shots.

vCash
    He's averaging 35/8/6 on 48%FG 88%FT on 22.5 attempts a game in the 11 games since Westbrook went down.

Not counting the 50/7/7 or so he's going to put up tonight.

Any more attempts than that and it removes the rest of the offense from the flow of the game. He's in a tough situation when they can't put it in.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    He's averaging 35/8/6 on 48%FG 88%FT on 22.5 attempts a game in the 11 games since Westbrook went down.

Not counting the 50/7/7 or so he's going to put up tonight.
    Good stuff. I'm not a huge numbers guy, but I look at it. It just seems to me that for the Thunder to win an NBA title it would be best if they ask Durant to start taking more shots. With or without Westbrook they need to use his offense more.

vCash
    Westbrook should defer to him more when he's running the offense, I definitely agree with that. No excuse for KD to have the 2nd most attempts on his team.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by tredigs View Post
    Westbrook should defer to him more when he's running the offense, I definitely agree with that. No excuse for KD to have the 2nd most attempts on his team.
    Definitely agree. It drives me crazy when people say the Thunder need Westbrook. They do miss him like hell because he's a lockdown defender. His offense is really not needed.

vCash
    I've always wondered what Durant would look like if he played with a facilitator.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by holditdown View Post
    6 game sample size is not that large.

When you watch Durant play he's a guy that creates his own shot very well. I doubt you'd see diminishing returns if started taking more shots.
    Except you have seen significant declines since WB went down in both Win/Losses and his shooting percentages.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by holditdown View Post
    Definitely agree. It drives me crazy when people say the Thunder need Westbrook. They do miss him like hell because he's a lockdown defender. His offense is really not needed.
    Saying a team doesn't need a consistent 20 ppg scorer is idiotic. No matter what people say, Westbrook is a hell of a pg and does make players around him better. Before the last two nights games, ibakas numbers dropped without him in the line up.

vCash
    Durant is trying to go for a new career high tonight. 52 scored with 3:00 left

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LJEATON26 View Post
    Saying a team doesn't need a consistent 20 ppg scorer is idiotic. No matter what people say, Westbrook is a hell of a pg and does make players around him better. Before the last two nights games, ibakas numbers dropped without him in the line up.
    They need his defense.

vCash

Kevin Durant should be shooting more

They ain't going anywhere without russy. Say what u want about him, he takes a lot of pressure off kd

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast