Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

NFL Forum game ideas - Next season

So, the Play-off pick em game has gone fairly well so far, lots of involvement (I think there are about 90 entries or so). This got me thinking, what other types of games can I throw out there next year? I don't mind ponying up a few gift cards if it keeps the forum active, and people take it seriously.

Give me some ideas peeps.
    All I do is hit. I even hit your mother once. Yep, hit it good.

vCash
    Picking the 8 (the point spread will tell us this) best games of the week and keep a running total so we can crown a champion. Yep, straight up picking.

Curious if anyone here can beat me.

vCash
    I think we should do a running tally pick-em game like most the pregame shows.

3 matchups are set that everyone has to pick form.
    1 'assigned' pick (pool of 5 games to pick from)
    1 'wild card' pick, there you get to choose your own.

Another one is a survivor pool. Pick one team each week. No repeats allowed. Loss knocks you out.

Of course both of those would be done with straight up scores, not point spreads to worry about.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    Prior to the start of the season have everyone pick the 12 playoff teams and what their seeding will be and whoever has the most correct wins.
    Last edited by TheBigCheese12; 01-17-2014 at 05:04 PM.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

Another one is a survivor pool. Pick one team each week. No repeats allowed. Loss knocks you out.

Of course both of those would be done with straight up scores, not point spreads to worry about.
    I like both of these. My only fear with doing season long games, people lose interest and once they think they are out of it, stop playing.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    Prior to the start of the start of the season have everyone pick the 12 playoff teams and what their seeding will be and whoever has the most correct wins.
    I like this too.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    I like both of these. My only fear with doing season long games, people lose interest and once they think they are out of it, stop playing.

I like this too.
    Or a weekly game where everyone guesses what player is going to score the first points for each game. You can give a point for each correct pick and whoever has the most points at the end of the year wins.

vCash

I like this too.
    With the first I'm ok with people dropping out as they get too far back.

As for the second, that's the great part, as long as you pick a winner you are still in it. You pick a loser then your season is donezo.
    #BanMiltstar

vCash
    Or a weekly game where everyone guesses what player is going to score the first points for each game. You can give a point for each correct pick and whoever has the most points at the end of the year wins.
    Yeah, we used to do this. Between pinstripe and me, we beasted. This is what I was talking about as far as losing interest, once we got 10-12 points ahead, people stopped caring.

vCash
    Yeah, we used to do this. Between pinstripe and me, we beasted. This is what I was talking about as far as losing interest, once we got 10-12 points ahead, people stopped caring.
    Well i think people will lose interest no matter what. Some posters that sign in every once in a while will sign up for the game but then stop playing since they aren't that active. Some people get banned or just tired of the site. You could always shut the game down if most of the participants quit.

vCash
    Good Idea BDawk.

Remember how at the start of the season everyone predicted the Texans to win? Predicted this years Redskinnys and Lions to be contenders?

When dealing with the public, as in marketing, we're often told KISS (Keep it simple stupid) so how about a simpler game that would keep more people interested;

1. Predict the division winners (by qtr would even keep it going) WTH expected the Panthers to win the NFCS this year? No one I know.

2. Perhaps predict team records, by qtr?

Or ongoing stuff like; if your a fan of Defense, list the players then;

3. predict the number of their sacks

fan of O's, list the QB's and/ WR's

4. predict their number of TD's or receptions... ongoing by games.

etc.

vCash
    You could do a weekly (or monthly) stat guesser. For example, "Pick stat leaders for the month of September" and then you'd have everyone guess the rushing/passing/receiving yards/TDs leaders (they'd get a point for each one they got right), then do defensive stats (tackles/sacks/INTs/FFs), and whoever has the most total points wins.

CAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAM!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post

I like it

vCash
    I enjoyed doing the TD game. I like this idea.

Quote Originally Posted by chargerSD View Post
    WTH expected the Panthers to win the NFCS this year?
    I did, sort of. I had NO and CAR getting 11/12 wins
    Last edited by Lucky.; 01-18-2014 at 11:52 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucky. View Post
    I did, sort of. I had NO and CAR getting 11/12 wins
    you need to start making some money on you prognostication skills bro

vCash
    Try it with a weekly winner getting points, maybe top 5.
    Person with most correct picks for the week gets 3 points, 2nd and 3rd get 2 points and 4th and 5th get 1 point. Everyone else gets zero, so missing a week doesn't kill you (most people would get zero points for the week anyway) and a good week puts you right back into the running. Prizes for the top 3 point getters on the season. You could even do it 1st 3 points, 2nd 2 points, 3rd 1 point and all ties get full points for their position.

As for playoffs, once the seeding is set, each person submits their entire playoff bracket, like march madness, in advance. Points increase by one for each step in to the playoffs. It is a one entry and done game.

I have also played in a fantasy football type format for the playoffs where you pick positional players after playoff seeding is set and you count total points scored for the entire playoffs. Pick 2 QBs, 4 WRs, 4 RBs, 2 TEs, 2 Defenses, 2 Kickers. Your player participating in more playoff games will of course allow you more opportunities for them to score points so knowing who is going to win which games so your picks play in the next round is critical. As an example, a high point scoring QB who plays one game is worth less than a medium scoring QB who plays in 4 games.
    Internet gamblers warning: Do NOT use Sports Interaction. They will steal your bankroll with hidden "administration fees" if you don't lose your money to them while betting.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast