Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: lin vs lowry

vCash

lin vs lowry

who would want lowry back instead of lin. I like lin but it seems he lost his Harvard I.Q. when it comes to B.B. all I see him doing anymore is running in circles. if only McHale and lowry wouldn't have had it out for each other I think we would of had more of a chance. let me know your opinions.

vCash
    Well we probably wouldn't have Harden

vCash
    Obviously he didn't get a long with McHale, but he would probably have get traded anyway. We were in rebulding mode. Dragic would be even better if you think about it, but his asking price didn't really fit in our plan.
    Rockets | Texans | Astros

vCash
    Pointless debate. I like Lowry, but that time has passed, hasn't it?

vCash
    I like Lin but we are in rebuilding mode which was mentioned above.

vCash
    I just liked lowry because he was a bull. he knew how to create a shot or get guys open. I know that time has passed and is long gone but that's what this team could really use with these players. I don't know of anyone else out their. dragic would of been better then lin and I still don't know why we went with lin over him besides the rockets thinking of the fans and money lin brings with him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by bad0210 View Post
    I just liked lowry because he was a bull. he knew how to create a shot or get guys open. I know that time has passed and is long gone but that's what this team could really use with these players. I don't know of anyone else out their. dragic would of been better then lin and I still don't know why we went with lin over him besides the rockets thinking of the fans and money lin brings with him.
    Well, first, Lin got a smaller deal, Dragic was reportedly asking for a 4 year deal worth around $40 million. Then, there's the other financial aspect you mentioned, and then, Lin was younger and coming off that amazing Linsanity run. Dragic was obviously the safest player, but Lin had a lot more potentail, in my opinion. And all those things are just what you want in a rebulding mode.

vCash
    It's kind of a moot point, because the Rockets wouldn't have Harden or Howard if they hadn't traded Lowry in the first place. The better argument would be Dragic vs. Lin. Personally, I'd much rather have Dragic, who is a superior two-way player and is a better distributor than Lin. But as EDU already said, Morey wasn't willing to offer him the deal he was looking for.

It kind of sucks when you think about it, though, because what if the Rockets had traded for Harden before acquiring Asik and Lin? I guarantee you they would have made more of an effort to keep Dragic. A Dragic/Harden backcourt would have been ideal. It's just unfortunate the way the order of those events occurred in the offseason. I could see a scenario where this team still has Dragic AND Scola, as well as Parsons, Harden, Howard and Jones.

vCash
    Speaking of Lin, does anyone else get annoyed at the 'Liniacs' that comment on Chronicle website articles? I have almost
    given up reading the comments because the Lin fans are just insane. They all hate Harden and think Lin is the best player
    in the NBA. I think Lin has some value, but he also has some flaws. Other than the 'Liniacs' I don't know anyone who
    would take him over Harden.

vCash
    As a Lin fan, I know what you're talking about. It's annoying to see people with overly inflated view of Lin (I have not voted for him for the All-Star Game).

Talking as a Rockets *and* a Lin fan, I really wish he had stayed in NY or would move to the Lakers. Lin doesn't get the love from Rockets fans because he didn't/doesn't make a huge splash the way we remember him from Linsanity days. If he had done that in 2012 with the Rockets, you would see a whole different player on the court. He would be treated differently by fans and teammates alike. Instead we mostly see a guy trying to just fit in and not do too much. Keep his teammates happy with him. But this just makes him tentative and unsure.

oh well, we'll see how things go soon enough.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetRocketAngel View Post
    As a Lin fan, I know what you're talking about. It's annoying to see people with overly inflated view of Lin (I have not voted for him for the All-Star Game).

Talking as a Rockets *and* a Lin fan, I really wish he had stayed in NY or would move to the Lakers. Lin doesn't get the love from Rockets fans because he didn't/doesn't make a huge splash the way we remember him from Linsanity days. If he had done that in 2012 with the Rockets, you would see a whole different player on the court. He would be treated differently by fans and teammates alike. Instead we mostly see a guy trying to just fit in and not do too much. Keep his teammates happy with him. But this just makes him tentative and unsure.

oh well, we'll see how things go soon enough.
    The thing is, why does he get that much love and hate at the same time? I see him as a regular role player who's done a good yet not flashy job this year.

vCash
    Look, I don't want to talk politics, race, or both here. (i do enough of that on Yahoo! comments pages). Lin is loved by the Asian community because he's the best Asian player on the planet. Yep. That's right. Read that again, and think about it. I don't know where all of you come from, but if the "Best ---- Player on the Planet" of your group were playing in the NBA, don't you think you'd support him?

Now if you are not Asian or from Harvard, then I can see being annoyed by all the people who are Asian and from Harvard, because Lin is NOT the best player in the NBA or anywhere near it, and therefore it seems like he gets too much attention.

OOps, I'm talking race an politics.... sigh.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JetRocketAngel View Post
    Look, I don't want to talk politics, race, or both here. (i do enough of that on Yahoo! comments pages). Lin is loved by the Asian community because he's the best Asian player on the planet. Yep. That's right. Read that again, and think about it. I don't know where all of you come from, but if the "Best ---- Player on the Planet" of your group were playing in the NBA, don't you think you'd support him?

Now if you are not Asian or from Harvard, then I can see being annoyed by all the people who are Asian and from Harvard, because Lin is NOT the best player in the NBA or anywhere near it, and therefore it seems like he gets too much attention.

OOps, I'm talking race an politics.... sigh.
    I agree with Edu that I like Lin as a very nice, complimentary piece to a contender. I just get annoyed at the 'Liniacs' because all they do is blame James Harden when Lin has an off game. Most of the fans aren't even Rocket fans, just Lin fans and would dump the Rockets as his/her team the minute Lin was traded or left via free agency. Let me reiterate that I like Lin and what he brings to the team, but I also realize he will never be the main piece to a championship team. That 'Linsanity' run in NY was nice and caught many off-guard, but eventually teams started to figure him out and slow him down. He could probably average 20 points/game if he was the primary weapon, but would his team be successful?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by stros1fan View Post
    I agree with Edu that I like Lin as a very nice, complimentary piece to a contender. I just get annoyed at the 'Liniacs' because all they do is blame James Harden when Lin has an off game. Most of the fans aren't even Rocket fans, just Lin fans and would dump the Rockets as his/her team the minute Lin was traded or left via free agency. Let me reiterate that I like Lin and what he brings to the team, but I also realize he will never be the main piece to a championship team. That 'Linsanity' run in NY was nice and caught many off-guard, but eventually teams started to figure him out and slow him down. He could probably average 20 points/game if he was the primary weapon, but would his team be successful?
    I agree with this, his role off the bench is perfect for him. He can bring scoring off the the bench which will be important during finals. I also agree the Lin lovers can go over the top aka a former poster on here called "Jam". But the Lin haters are just as annoying aka "Farren.louis".

vCash
    I don't think I've ever blamed harden for lin's bad games. But I do blame the refs for not callng blows to the head. And I blame Lin for not hitting (or shooting) more pull up jumpers. He drives into the trees and turns it over too much. He should shoot more floaters or drive right into the defender to draw fouls a la harden.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast