Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Dwight should be embarassed with himself.... No longer the best Big man in the league

I'm not a D12 hater but I think I'm just saying it how it is.... I just think he should be embarrassed for not having any new offensive moves after working with some of the greatest offensive big men ever in Kareem (agreeably the best player of all time), Hakeem (one of the top C's of all time), McHale on of the best big men of all time and Pau Gasol probably the best offensive talent for a big before DMC this season. The guy has the body he has the skills but I just don't think he has the heart of mentality to become a great player and be mentioned in the same sentence with any of the above.

On top of that his leadership skills are horrid at best as I don't see the huge lift on team defense like there should be... Insert Tyson Chandler on the Rockets team and you will see a huge improvement. I saw Durant blow by D12 a few times and dunk on him and Dwight just put his hands up like I don't want any of that!?!?!

Does anyone still think of this guy as the best big man in the league? Anyone agree or disagree with what I wrote above?

Discuss!

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash
    Dwight is weird - I always thought he had the drive and work ethic to be one of the greats. Not saying he doesn't, because I have no idea, and the guy obviously works his *** off to stay chiseled, but it sure doesn't show through improved play or yearly additions to his repertoire.

vCash
    he is still the best big man in the game by a good margin.

one the dunks KD has last night there was no need for Howard to up after KD was mid flight. its not like Howard was right there and moved out of the way. Its also laughable to think Chandler makes the Rockets better than Dwight

vCash
    Not the best big man no. What about love?

vCash
    tyson is too injury prone

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2-ONE-5 View Post

one the dunks KD has last night there was no need for Howard to up after KD was mid flight. its not like Howard was right there and moved out of the way. Its also laughable to think Chandler makes the Rockets better than Dwight
    As much as i hate to say itů.. Demarcus Cousins has been the best this year

vCash
    in all fairness to dwight he's improved since last season and he's made some respectable changes to his diet which have had a positive impact on his game.
    Dirk dominating at age 35

vCash

You couldn't be more wrong.

vCash

I agree on what you are saying about one of the dunks by KD he was too quick getting in the paint but I just don't see him as the best big in the game to me it goes:

Marc Gasol
    Hibbert
    DMC
    Chandler
    Duncan (37 years old)
    (maybe even Drummond... Though I'd like to see him play without Monroe before I say that for certain)

I just don't understand how after playing in the league for this long that he hasn't picked up any offensive moves I mean honestly this isn't the 1st time he's worked out with Hakeem and the rest of the other players that have tutored him I mean honestly he should have a go to move by now. The sad thing is he was known as probably the best player in the league for a few years (behind Lebron) and that was almost purely based on his defense I mean if he had an offensive game he might have won a few MVP's by now.

Quote Originally Posted by knicksfan42 View Post
    ...For me a large part of it is that they were rivals. LeBron vs Wade was a great rivalry and for them to team up just doesn't sit right with me. It would've been cool if LeBron had gone to the Bulls.....
    and Bosh to the Heat to join Wade. That would've been awesome... I would've respected LeBron way more if he went there.
    Why have great rivals when you can join them and have none.... Lebron James where losing the spirit of competition happens!

vCash

Dont be one of these guys who just say things. Dwight is not by far the best big man in the league.

vCash
    He has really great footwork, but has very little touch at times. Also not very creative on the fly. There are some games where he is dominating in the post, some games where it just looks like he's not that interested in exerting too much effort. He has been lazy on defense in stretches this year. It is frustrating to watch. There was one play where Chandler Parsons stole his rebound, so he stood there and yelled at him while a guy from the other team just dunked it. Dwight did nothing to try to stop it. Nothing. Stuff like that drives me crazy. This Rockets team needs more leadership. It's disturbing how much they coast, even in wins.

vCash
    As far as if he's the best big man, he is when he wants to be. That game where he spanked Drummond was a good example. If he had that kind of energy and drive on a nightly basis, he would be. He had a really good stretch in December where he was just killing folks. Then he just decided to coast. He is, and always has been, one of the biggest enigmas in the NBA.

vCash

Love is a much more complete player than Howard, as a matter of fact the only thing that Howard has even done better statistically this year is block shots. FG% you can't count since Love also plays from the perimeter.

Love: 25.6 PPG, 13.0 RPG, 0.4 BLK, 4.0 AST, 2.5 3PM, .814 FT%
    Howard: 17.9 PPG, 12.5 RPG, 1.8 BLK, 1.8 AST, .532 FT%

I don't understand how that makes Howard better by a "good margin" or even better at all. Love is ridiculously underrated and Howard is ridiculously overrated, if anything I could make a case that Cousins is going to be better than Howard at this point as well.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

vCash
    His dominance has been missing since the back surgery.

GO LAKERS

vCash

+1 and I am a knick fan
    http://www.unscriptedent.com Radio Play Mixtape release Friday Oct. 29 Follow me on Twitter @legacy4eva For more info hit me up

Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast