Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

2013 Rookie Class Rankings

2. Detroit Lions (+30.0)
    Talk about hitting some home runs. The team was extremely successful on the offensive line where Larry Warford (third-round pick) would play every offensive snap and earn second team all-pro honors from PFF. Next to him the team was forced to turn to undrafted free agent rookie right tackle LaAdrian Waddle and was rewarded with a guy who looked better than a number of first rounders. An impactful run blocker he also finished a healthy 41st out of 76 in our pass-blocking efficiency metric. The team also got production (although his sack numbers flattered him) out of Ziggy Ansah (minus-0.7 grade on 581 snaps) and Devin Taylor (plus-0.5 on 308 snaps) on the defensive line. Back on offense Joseph Fauria may not own the best yards-per-route-run score (his 1.19 was worse than only five others) but the redzone threat finished sixth of all tight ends with seven TDs and was easily the best dancer in the rookie class.

No surprise here, Arizona drafted 1st, in terms of production.

vCash
    And this is why Xanders is not allowed to leave Detroit. Nothing Mayhew did before he got here was that good outside the obvious Suh and Stafford picks. Delmas and Pettigrew have been solid, and Rieff looks like a potential 10-15 year starter at LT.

vCash
    Oh and Da Bears ranked the worst of all tems with -76

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Deception View Post

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by LionsFan..LOL View Post
    And this is why Xanders is not allowed to leave Detroit. Nothing Mayhew did before he got here was that good outside the obvious Suh and Stafford picks. Delmas and Pettigrew have been solid, and Rieff looks like a potential 10-15 year starter at LT.

vCash
    **** the bears!

vCash
    Don't worry, they still think Kyle long is the GOAT. I had a Bears fan on another message board tell me after preseason that Kyle Long was going to be an all-pro type player by week 3.

Just remember, the Bears have made the playoffs 4 times in the past 19 seasons and 1 time in the past 7 seasons.....the same number of times as the Lions in both cases.
    Last edited by FortDetroit; 01-17-2014 at 10:15 PM.
    2013 Adopt-A-Lion: Nick Fairley

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FortDetroit View Post
    Don't worry, they still think Kyle long is the GOAT. I had a Bears fan on another message board tell me after preseason that Kyle Long was going to be an all-pro type player by week 3.

Just remember, the Bears have made the playoffs 4 times in the past 19 seasons and 1 time in the past 7 seasons.....the same number of times as the Lions in both cases.
    Forts cheating on us!

I see you over there, Just dont ever bother to make an account to post...

Off-season Sucks

vCash
    **** the bears!

vCash

Wow, I never realized they were that bad.
    2013 Lions forum rookie poster of the year!

FARTZ has be SCHWIRED!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    Should've hired Lovie

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by C-Wick925 View Post
    Forts cheating on us!

I see you over there, Just dont ever bother to make an account to post...
    Im pretty sure I came across you on twitter the other day randomly!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lizardking13 View Post
    I mean, I can understand Bears fans making fun of the Lions franchise....Lions have accomplished nothing and are one of the biggest jokes in pro sports franchise-wise. It's just hilarious when they act like they are hot **** on an NFL level though or act like they have been as successful as the Packers or whatever. They tend to make fun of the Vikings franchise too...which really doesn't make any sense whatsoever if we are talking about recent history.

Bears - 5 times in the playoffs over the past 22 seasons, 1 time in the past 7 seasons.
    Vikings - 12 times in the playoffs over the past 22 seasons, 3 times in the past 7 seasons.
    Lions - 6 times in the playoffs over the past 22 seasons, 1 time in the past 7 seasons.

I'm willing to bet most of the Bears fans on this website weren't even alive in 1985. Seriously though, I did not realize the Bears recent history (we're talking 20+ years here) has been so pathetic (particularly in comparison to the Vikings) until I looked it up randomly the other day.

vCash
    I mean, I can understand Bears fans making fun of the Lions franchise....Lions have accomplished nothing and are one of the biggest jokes in pro sports franchise-wise. It's just hilarious when they act like they are hot **** on an NFL level though or act like they have been as successful as the Packers or whatever. They tend to make fun of the Vikings franchise too...which really doesn't make any sense whatsoever if we are talking about recent history.

Bears - 5 times in the playoffs over the past 22 seasons, 1 time in the past 7 seasons.
    Vikings - 12 times in the playoffs over the past 22 seasons, 3 times in the past 7 seasons.
    Lions - 6 times in the playoffs over the past 22 seasons, 1 time in the past 7 seasons.

I'm willing to bet most of the Bears fans on this website weren't even alive in 1985. Seriously though, I did not realize the Bears recent history (we're talking 20+ years here) has been so pathetic (particularly in comparison to the Vikings) until I looked it up randomly the other day.
    Yeah, I never understood the making fun of the Vikings...I knew they had the most success playoff wise recently. They were really really good with callpeper and moss. anyway, It's crazy to see that the bears are as bad as the stats show. They're terrible if all you look at is playoffs...I mean we're terrible too but **** they make it sound as if they're perennial contenders like the patriots.

ON topic: I personallly think this is the best draft we've ever had. I can't speak for drafts that happened before I was interested in football, but if our class improves with a year of experience than we should be a very good team next year.
    2013 Lions forum rookie poster of the year!

FARTZ has be SCHWIRED!!

vCash

PFF rookie awards

Holy **** did the Lions get a haul here.

PFF has Warford winning offensive rookie of the year, has our overall draft rated #2(only behind Arizona), and has Warford, Martin, and Ansah on the all-rookie team, with Waddle also being an honorable mention.
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    It's different now than it was.

When he won the second one, Giants fans are here we're outside of their minds.
    That quote always cracks me up.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast