Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 2014 Schedule

vCash

2014 Schedule

What are your thoughts on the 2014's opponent's?

Home Games
    Falcons
    Panthers
    New England
    NYJ
    Redskins
    Packers
    Lions
    Bears

Away Games
    Saints
    Bucs
    Bills
    Rams
    Dolphins
    Packers
    Lions
    Bears

vCash

2014 Schedule

16-0
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash
    19-0

vCash
    i can see us winning 7 home games and winning 6 road games so 13-3

vCash
    I decline to predict a record until I know who the QB is and see what the Vikes do to the D.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KJL View Post
    I decline to predict a record until I know who the QB is and see what the Vikes do to the D.
    Exactly where I am at. On a side note, that is no cakewalk of a schedule. I would say that it is harder than what we faced this year.

vCash
    It doesn't look like a bad schedule,,but every year good teams fall and bad teams rise,,,,

vCash
    I could realistically, if we improve how I think we will, see five wins at home and four or five on the road. I'll go with either 9-7 or 10-6. We could do worse but I don't see any record better than 10-6. Most of this will depend on the draft, free agency and how the other teams in our division improve.

vCash
    I don't know if it is just me, but I only see 5 or 6 win on the schedule. I try to be pretty realistic, I did pick us to win 10 games this year. Maybe guessing low is a good thing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    I don't know if it is just me, but I only see 5 or 6 win on the schedule. I try to be pretty realistic, I did pick us to win 10 games this year. Maybe guessing low is a good thing.
    Its tricky to predict because a lot is going to happen during the offseason. I think the Vikes will play tough in the division and with the steps in the right direction the organization is taking I think 8-8 is reasonable to be shooting for at the moment. Depending on FA, the Draft, and how the team looks in camp that could change.

vCash
    Home Games
    Falcons
    Panthers
    New England
    NYJ
    Redskins
    Packers
    Lions
    Bears

Unless I think the team is 'really' good I gotta give us the edge at home, outdoors probably going to be cold, and a Zimmer coached team. Norv's offense. I think we're going to be much improved playing ability wise. We won't have the same late game letdowns and we would've won a lot more game this year if we didn't. I gotta believe we'll add some talent and the young guys will progress with another off season so we should play a lot better. We do have a tough home schedule facing some good teams in New England and Carolina. Some average teams in Jets, Atlanta, and Redskins. And then of course the usuals. A lot of the teams we play do play outdoors themselves so I don't think many will dread coming to TCF. But yeah I do expect to win 5 out of 8 at home. We should win a little more than half at home.

Away Games
    Saints
    Bucs
    Bills
    Rams
    Dolphins
    Packers
    Lions
    Bears

Saints at the dome is going to be tough but I think we pull off one upset this year... easily could be a loss though. @ Bucs is going to be a good game. Frazier is going to want to stick it to the Vikings for sure but I think Zimmer and Turner shows him up and we score over 30 on his defense. I don't think much of the Bills, Dolphins, or Rams but if i had to choose one we would drop it would be the Rams. Could easily see three wins there though. Then to the division. Road Division games are always tough. We almost beat the Packers at home with the inept team we had last year, no Rodgers though. I think it'll be close battle but a loss. Same on the road against Chicago. Lions is a toss up but they got a talented team and should play better under Caldwell. I'll give it to them.

Overall: 9-7. I think a better team, who defends home turf and can manage to split half the games on the road without the late game letdowns. Better coaching, better defensive effort, and better offensive effort I believe we'll be fighting for the division or a wild card spot. Rex Ryan took the Jets to the AFC Championship his first two years as Head Coach and his squad wasn't any more talented than what we have. Sanchez at QB wasn't that good either. They went in spite of his play. I have high hopes right away and believe we can make the playoffs next year.
    Last edited by 84PurplePride; 01-19-2014 at 08:47 AM.

vCash
    Bump just because of the schedule release today!
    Hopefully Goodell went easy on us without too many tough/road games in a row and a reasonable bye week.
    Props to VCU4LIFEGOVIKS for the sig

vCash
    8 pm tonight, live special on espn 2
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

vCash
    So we know who we got it's now just a matter of when right?

created by the one and only VCU
    Adopt-A-Viking: Adam Thielen
    Receptions: 4 , Yards: 57 , TD's: 0

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by pacofunk64 View Post
    So we know who we got it's now just a matter of when right?
    Yes. Just a matter of what the dates are that we kick everyone's ***
    10 Rec, 96 YD, 1TD
    injured.....again

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast