Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Best trades that, sadly, never happened

Any rumoured trade you've heard about (doesn't have to involve the Leafs). Of course we have no idea if were legitimate trade discussions or hype, so we'll just have to use the honour system. Not stuff like "my buddy says" or trade ideas you have but stuff that was reported and picked up as fact.

I was reading around and someone said that there was a deal of Kaberle+Antropov for Lecavalier a long while ago which caught my eye.

Others include:

Kadri+Kulemin for Mike Richards (Philly countered with Carter)

Kaberle+7th overall pick (Kadri) for Kessel

Jvr for Yandle

Datsyuk for Scott Gomez

Any other rumoured trades that you wish came to fruition.

vCash
    Kaberle for Jeff Carter AND a 1st
    Kaberle and Stajan for Pronger
    Kaberle for a young guy named Patrick Sharp....not sure how credible this one was, but I do remember all the chatter about the Leafs being unwilling to pull the trigger on Kaberle for Carter. Apparently Philly was all-in on shaking up their roster, but Flectcher wouldn't go the distance.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/3...ot-for-kaberle

http://www.fiveminutesforfighting.co...r-history.html
    Last edited by passengershawn; 01-17-2014 at 01:28 AM. Reason: wrong GM!

vCash
    The one I regret the most is Kulemin and Kadri for Mike Richards. Oh what could of been.

vCash
    It was Kaberle and Steen for Pronger. Not Stajan. They didn't want to add Steen and they were willing to give up Stajan.

I love Kulemin but the Mike Richards deal is one I wish we had back. Mike Richards is a guy you win with when it matters. Captain all day long.

vCash
    The Richards deal would have been pretty sweet. I've never really been a fan of Pronger though.

vCash
    Pronger was an animal. Take em any day of the week.

vCash
    If we made the Richards trade then they probably wouldn't have bitten on the shenn for JVR deal. I prefer to have JVR Kadri and Kuli vs. Richards and shenn personally.

vCash
    Bill Waters said the Kaberle for Vinny straight up was on the table at one point and the Leafs walked away when he worked for the team. Mike Richards is my favourite player so that potential deal still makes me furious that we didn't do it lol. And that Datsyuk for Gomez one had me laughing my *** off just because you look at the then and now part of it.