Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Phillies and Kendrick reach Agreement

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Nearly 8 mil for a plus 4 era...geesh
    2011 PSD Phillies Forum HOF Inductee

Harry, I grew up with the phillies and learned the game by your voice. You will always be missed but never forgotten. Though you are no longer with us, you'll never be "outta here" in our hearts!

vCash
    Mayberry also signed - $1.58 mil.

Kendrick settled for about a million more than he was projected to make. I swear the Phillies want to convince everybody that he's better than he is.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

Follow me on Twitter for article updates @baseballATeam

vCash
    If they invest this kind of money into him long term then were going to have a major issue. Overpaying for 1 year isn't that big of a deal though.

vCash
    Crazy that (on the same day) Price got paid just 8mil more than Kendrick, even though he is exceptionally better/younger. Couldn't help but compare both deals.

Funniest aspect is that Price was the highest paid pitcher ever for the Rays with that deal.

I'm not trying to compare Kendrick to Price, but just surprised a bit.

vCash
    Although this is only a 1 year deal, the principle of giving Kyle Kendrick this much money makes me sick. However...

Kennedy got 1/6.1 for a 7-10, 4.90 ERA season and Kendrick got 1/7.6 for a 10-13 4.70 ERA season, so on paper this almost seems right. This is however discounting the fact the Kennedy is a former 21 game winner and Kendrick has never won more than 11. So yes, it's safe to say we over payed a bit here, but at least it isn't going to kill us long term.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

7. 01-18-2014, 03:50 PM
    Reason
    Baiting and responses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sexicano31 View Post
    Oh wow. You just used W-L record to compare players
    Kershaw won 16 games last year and just got $210 million.
    That's way more than Bartolo Colon who won 18 games.

vCash
    Despite Fredex using W/L record, Kennedy is a decent comp from the perspective of arbitration. And arbitration is mostly about IP and W/L, with ERA and K playing a very distant third and fourth most important. So he doesn't really deserve any scorn for that comparison.
    Now writing for FanGraphs, RotoGraphs, The Hardball Times, and The Fake Baseball

10. 01-19-2014, 03:49 PM
    Reason
    Baiting and responses.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Despite Fredex using W/L record, Kennedy is a decent comp from the perspective of arbitration. And arbitration is mostly about IP and W/L, with ERA and K playing a very distant third and fourth most important. So he doesn't really deserve any scorn for that comparison.
    Let's be clear, I was not "using" W/L record for any kind of argument, this was simply just showing their basic stats from last year. In basic articles they'll give similar comparisons just so the reader can get a basic idea of what the two players did last year.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48

12. 01-19-2014, 04:03 PM
    Reason
    Baiting and responses.

vCash
    You tellem fredex...

14. 01-19-2014, 07:01 PM
    Reason
    Baiting and responses.

vCash
    Freddie, I was defending you from Sexi's snark impulse...regardless of your intent, those were the right stats to use for that comparison.

vCash
    That escalated quickly...

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The A Team View Post
    Freddie, I was defending you from Sexi's snark impulse...regardless of your intent, those were the right stats to use for that comparison.
    Well now that you put it that way, thank you kind sir. Sorry you got thrust into the middle of one of my rants haha.

THANK YOU DANNY B #48