Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast
    vCash

Thumbs up Reggie Speaks (Season Review, FA, Draft, QB (Manziel), Re-Signings)

Raiders GM met with local writers for a season-ending wrap. Said agreement finalized with special teams coach Bobby April

ike DA, Reggie McKenzie says not sure franchise QB is in the building. Would like to have a veteran presence #Raiders

McKenzie on Darren McFadden: agent wants to see what his market value is. we'll see what happens. #Raiders

Reggie McKenzie says he wants @RashadJennings back. #Raiders

McKenzie said Raiders were 4-12 again but ``it was a different 4-12 team. .''

"We’re excited about the opportunities that are coming for us in 2014 from adding players to help bolster this roster." - GM Reggie McKenzie

#Raiders GM McKenzie also says he wants to re-sign Jennings, Veldheer, Houston and Woodson. Thinks McFadden will test the FA market

McKenzie says Raiders FA strategy _ get as many good players and not `dump every dollar and cent into one or two players.'

"Just because I have $5 in my pocket doesn't mean I'm going to spend it all...on junk." - #Raiders GM McKenzie, on coming cap space

Reggie said team will likely add a veteran quarterback this offseason, inferred a young QB is coming too.

"I wasn't going to put out a fire that wasn't there." - #Raiders GM McKenzie, on why he did not dispute reports of Dennis Allen on hot seat

McKenzie: "The defense definitely wore down but they played hard. ... Our overall play was better in 2013." #Raiders

RM: The expectation for next year is to make the playoffs.

Reggie is looking for upgrades everywhere. Said there's a real need for frontline talent. Mentioned WR, pass rusher as vital needs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "He's a playmaker. Whether its him or 1 of the other guys, when U can add a playmaker,that's what you shoot for."McKenzie on @JohnnyManziel

RAIDER NATION

vCash
    Josh mccown come on down.

vCash
    Sounds like a man who's job is on the line. Veteran qb that wants to play with our o-line say hello to Mike Vick. Paired up with a young qb so no 1st round qb for us. Wants Jennings back ok well we need another back to go with that maybe bradshaw. Now D-line help I'm assuming clowney top three so anthony barr perhaps veteran talent that we are not gonna pay much for. Well we did that last season Maybe get some steals. For once I would not want to get depressed when McKenzie starts talking.

vCash
    "Just because I have $5 in my pocket doesn't mean I'm going to spend it all...on junk."

I liked this quote by RM. I can't wait till free agency.

vCash
    After reading the article I can see Vick, 😩.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post
    McCown or possibly Freeman. I'm not that big on Freeman but who knows.

We can offer a starting position to these FA QB's. Something that many teams can't do.

vCash
    Sounds like either Josh Freeman or Mike Vick is coming. I would rather have Vick

vCash
    Would like to have a veteran presence on the roster, doesn't mean he will end up the starter. Still think we get a QB in the 1st.

Manziel, McGloin, and a vet is what I would go for.

Free Agency: At the very least bring back Jennings, Veldheer, and Woodson. Go after a WR, DE, G, CB, LB, and that vet QB.

Draft: QB (Manziel hopefully) in the 1st, and build depth at DE and OL the rest of the way.
    Last edited by *Silver&Black*; 01-16-2014 at 10:13 PM.

McGOAT

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by raiderizer View Post

vCash
    He said a vet QB and a young QB is coming, didn't say who will be the automatic starter. I think he learned from this Flynn situation that you can't expect that. So in need of a future QB, I still believe we target one in the 1st.

McGOAT

vCash
    In this article McKenzie says, Quaterback, Pass Rusher, and Wide Receiver are the 3 biggest needs.

http://www.silverandblackpride.com/2...ree-team-needs

vCash
    If we get some good consistent QB play, things will be a lot different.

vCash
    [QUOTE=RaiderFanBL9;27812365]Raiders GM met with local writers for a season-ending wrap. Said agreement finalized with special teams coach Bobby April

ike DA, Reggie McKenzie says not sure franchise QB is in the building. Would like to have a veteran presence #Raiders

Woot! Get us some talent Reg!

#Raiders GM McKenzie also says he wants to re-sign Jennings, Veldheer, Houston and Woodson. Thinks McFadden will test the FA market

I like .. I like

Reggie said team will likely add a veteran quarterback this offseason, inferred a young QB is coming too.

Again! Thank you Reggie. 100% what this team needs

"I wasn't going to put out a fire that wasn't there." - #Raiders GM McKenzie, on why he did not dispute reports of Dennis Allen on hot seat

DA had no worries, there is a plan in place! Stay the course!

RM: The expectation for next year is to make the playoffs.
    You have balls! Buuuuut what the hell else is he gonna say?

Reggie is looking for upgrades everywhere. Said there's a real need for frontline talent. Mentioned WR, pass rusher as vital needs.

Spot freaking on!

Thrilled to read Reggie's words. He is hitting exactly what points need to be hit.
    This offseason hasn't even kicked into gear, and I'm thrilled with the direction they want to go.

Get us a quarterback in the building.
    Get us a pass rusher / wide receiver.
    Resign our decent players.
    Stay the ****ing course man!

BOOOOSH

vCash
    I hope he keeps finding players in FA in the way they did last year. I know some didn't pan out but I was impressed with Jennings, Tracy Porter. Woodson. Roach. Burnett. Sims and some of the things Vance Walker did.

I hope we dont take Clowney or Manziel, because Manziel is not strong enough for the way he plays. In college he was fine, but the defence in the nfl is stronger, faster and better!! Also Clowney is a head case, that was not able to stay focused and teamoriented when opposing offences did not run his way or simply took him out of games.

Could the gamecocks have used him better? Sure, but they didn't and Clowney went down the road that put him first and not his team!! Just look at the "injuries" he suddenly had down the stretch!!!

vCash
    Didn't mention anything about the OL. I hope he has a plan for that. I think DE, WR, OL and QB are our 4 biggest needs

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast