Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Aaron Hernandez eyed as gunman in 2012 double murder

BRISTOL, Conn. - A newly released search warrant indicates that Boston police have been investigating whether former New England Patriot Aaron Hernandez may have been the gunman in a 2012 double slaying.

No charges have been filed in the shooting deaths of Daniel Jorge Correia de Abreu, 29, and Safiro Teixeira Furtado, 28, in Boston’s South End. The two were gunned down July 16, 2012 as they sat at a traffic light shortly after leaving a Boston nightclub.

Hernandez has come under scrutiny in the case since his arrest in a separate murder case in which he has pleaded not guilty.
    P
    Boston police write in the June 28 affidavit there is probable cause to believe that Hernandez was driving a vehicle used in the shooting and “may have been the shooter.”

The affidavit was released Thursday in Connecticut. It was filed as police sought to search an SUV they say was involved in the 2012 shooting and was found at Hernandez’s uncle’s home in Bristol, Conn.

The 24-year-old Hernandez is already facing murder charges in the June 17, 2013 death of 27-year-old Boston semi-pro football player Odin Lloyd, who was dating the sister of Hernandez's fiancee. Hernandez is being held without bail.

Authorities only began tying the ex-NFL star to the double homicide investigation after he was charged in Lloyd’s murder. A warrant obtained earlier this month by the Hartford Courant reportedly indicates authorities received a phone call on June 22, 2013 from an employee of a nightclub in Boston that Hernandez and Lloyd reportedly visited two days before Lloyd’s death.

The caller claimed to have overheard a conversation that indicated the death of Lloyd and the Boston double homicide were related, the warrant reportedly indicated.

It was after that phone call that the investigation into the 2012 double homicide was reignited and the SUV wanted in connection with the case was seized from Hernandez’s uncle’s home.

The warrant earlier obtained by the Hartford Courant also reportedly revealed surveillance footage shows Hernandez and an acquaintance – Alexander Bradley – at the same nightclub in Boston as Furtado and Abreu the night of their killings.

Bradley was jailed last fall after he allegedly avoided authorities who tried to subpoena him to appear before a grand jury probing the 2012 double homicide.

Police have also seized the murder weapon in the double homicide case in recent months. The .38 caliber Smith & Wesson revolver was reportedly found in a suitcase in the trunk of a car driven by a Bristol woman, and was recovered following a crash in Springfield, Mass.

The driver, Jailene Diaz-Ramos, reportedly told police a friend named “Chicago” and some football players put the suitcase in the trunk. It is unclear whether Hernandez and Diaz-Ramos are connected in any way other than having ties to Bristol, Conn., which is Hernandez’s hometown.
    http://www.cbsnews.com/news/warrant-...2012-slayings/

wow.

vCash
    I still cant believe the Hernandez situation
    Eat Lobster

vCash
    Isn't this old news?

I thought he was in connection with anther murder around the time of the Odin Lloyd murder. Is this it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian. View Post
    Isn't this old news?

I thought he was in connection with anther murder around the time of the Odin Lloyd murder. Is this it?
    It is the same one but he's being investigated as the gunman now.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by asandhu23 View Post
    It is the same one but he's being investigated as the gunman now.
    Ah. I don't remember the first reports much.

Either way, he's in some ****

vCash
    there's 2 charges:
    1. 1st degree murder of odin Lloyd
    2. double homicide

the double homicide, here's the latest in a nutshell
    - surveillance that puts hernandez at club where dispute happened
    -additional surveillance where killings occurred
    -records of rental car involved in the crime
    -gun used in the 2 killings

police is now trying to link the gun to hernandez.

he's facing 3 murder charges, mass does not have the death penalty, prob get 3 life sentences concurrent.

this is what happens when a 24 year old has fame, money but hangs around the wrong crowd.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ian. View Post
    Ah. I don't remember the first reports much.

Either way, he's in some ****
    Oh yeah. He's done.

vCash
    Holding out hope he makes it back to contribute in my dynasty league..

vCash
    I'm still shocked every time I hear about this stuff. I was a childhood friend of his family and this is just so far different from what I know.

I'm honestly struggling to come to terms with this whole weird story.
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WES KOAST View Post
    ...this is what happens when a 24 year old has fame, money but hangs around the wrong crowd.
    1600 other NFL players don't kill people.

It isn't the wrong crowd, he is the one doing the killing. He is the bad influence.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    This is just sad.

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by warfelg View Post
    I'm still shocked every time I hear about this stuff. I was a childhood friend of his family and this is just so far different from what I know.

I'm honestly struggling to come to terms with this whole weird story.
    How do we know you aren't in on it?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BDawk4Prez View Post
    How do we know you aren't in on it?
    I moved to Lancaster Pa to be part of Lebanon Levi's crew in '94
    Warning, my sig is NSFW. But hot damn is it hot:

Click here to see how awesome.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by WES KOAST View Post
    there's 2 charges:
    1. 1st degree murder of odin Lloyd
    2. double homicide

the double homicide, here's the latest in a nutshell
    - surveillance that puts hernandez at club where dispute happened
    -additional surveillance where killings occurred
    -records of rental car involved in the crime
    -gun used in the 2 killings

police is now trying to link the gun to hernandez.

he's facing 3 murder charges, mass does not have the death penalty, prob get 3 life sentences concurrent.

this is what happens when a 24 year old has fame, money but hangs around the wrong crowd.
    you're missing about 5 firearms charges too, all of which are incredibly severe in mass

#BostonStrong

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Superdude View Post
    you're missing about 5 firearms charges too, all of which are incredibly severe in mass
    Yeah, but how do they add on smaller crimes to three life sentences? Three life sentences with an additional 35 years? Serious question.

Damn law and their crazy sentences.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast