Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 86
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,436
    vCash
    1500

    Vernon Davis the fastest Niner?

    We've all heard that said about Davis many times and for a TE he is very fast but he's never been the fastest Niner, Ted Ginn was and now that would be LaMichael James a legit Texas HS/Oregon sprinter, a 10.4 guy.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    Posts
    27,656
    vCash
    13463
    I miss Ginn's speed, I wish he was still returning for us, he just needs to stay away from running routes as a WR.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

    "We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,436
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    I miss Ginn's speed, I wish he was still returning for us, he just needs to stay away from running routes as a WR.
    James just doesn't have it as a return man so I'm with you, I also miss Ginns speed. James might take him in a 100 but not a 40.

    I;d use Ginn as a slot receiver, get him out in space.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,133
    vCash
    1500
    stoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,436
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by rapjuicer06 View Post
    stoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooop
    translation

    I also miss Ginn, he was always one step away from breaking it.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    14,656
    vCash
    1500
    Basically any player they ask in the past or present say that VD is the fastest guy out there. Track speed does not = game speed. James sure does not look like the fastest guy either.


    Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,133
    vCash
    1500
    Fastest guy on our team might be either Brown, Culliver or Whitner
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    201
    vCash
    1500
    Would like to see a 100 yd dash with VD, Kaep, James and Culliver.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    1,346
    vCash
    1500
    What's up with all these worthless threads?

    ''Sig by Johnle''

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    201
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CodeRed View Post
    What's up with all these worthless threads?
    Prob to keep everyone from going stir crazy waiting for sunday…. plus for me, I need a break from reading those fools from the north posts every once in a while.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,436
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Basically any player they ask in the past or present say that VD is the fastest guy out there. Track speed does not = game speed. James sure does not look like the fastest guy either.
    Who actually said that? And it's not true that track speed doesn't equal game speed. Especially at a receiver position. Ted Ginn could have stayed in track and been a pro track athlete, he would blow VD totally away in any sprint.

    While in high school James was one of the fastest kids in the state of Texas and that's saying something, he also anchored Oregons 4x1 relay team, he also would beat up on VD in any sprint. Davis is fast for a big guy but he's not on a par with Ginn or James.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    2,436
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by McNiner49 View Post
    Would like to see a 100 yd dash with VD, Kaep, James and Culliver.
    James would win it easily.

    paste

    Track and field[edit]

    James was also a track star at the University of Oregon. Despite limited workouts with school’s track team, he scored 5th in the 2010 Pac-10 championships at 100 meters while posting a personal best time of 10.50 seconds in the semifinals. Also anchored 4x100 relay to 4th place.

    paste

    The 5-foot-9 James was a 100-meter state track and field champion in high school in Texas, running 10.51 seconds in 2006. He also helped his high school place second at state in the 4x100 and 4x400 relays.

    4.37


    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2KFrObJ3wg
    Last edited by CCRider; 01-17-2014 at 01:10 AM.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    1,692
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    I miss Ginn's speed, I wish he was still returning for us, he just needs to stay away from running routes as a WR.
    yeah i really really miss Ginn. In the breakout 2011 season, he helped set up so many great drives by completely flipping the field at crucial moments of the game… like in Detroit week 6. Everyone knocks Ginn on his WR play, and rightfully so because he hasn't been a good WR for a top 10 pick. However, in 2011, i thought his WR play was very underrated and under appreciated. I remember him making a significant number of catches, some crucial, during that 2011 season. A lot of out routes, some across the middle, etc. He's still nowhere near a top 10 draft pick WR, but his WR play was severely underrated. He had a solid WR season with Carolina this year too. We should've kept him. Great KR/PR that CAN provide WR depth
    Quote Originally Posted by nickdymez View Post
    Kobe is just a much more complete player than Lebron.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Allentown, PA
    Posts
    14,656
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by CCRider View Post
    Who actually said that? And it's not true that track speed doesn't equal game speed. Especially at a receiver position. Ted Ginn could have stayed in track and been a pro track athlete, he would blow VD totally away in any sprint.

    While in high school James was one of the fastest kids in the state of Texas and that's saying something, he also anchored Oregons 4x1 relay team, he also would beat up on VD in any sprint. Davis is fast for a big guy but he's not on a par with Ginn or James.
    Sorry, I don't have a library of links to news articles and videos that I've seen over the span of VDs career here, but it has been said multiple times.

    Track speed is not football game speed, really hate to break it to you. Grass is not a track. Jerry Rice had a horrible "timed" speed on a track, but you'd never catch him on the field if he got ahead of you. Please stop trying to make everything track related.


    Brandon Coleman Watch
    WR Rutgers University 6'6" 220 lbs
    2011: Rec: 17 Yards: 552 Avg: 32.5 TD: 6
    2012: Rec: 43 Yards: 718 Avg: 16.7 TD: 10
    2013: Rec: 28 Yards: 403 Avg: 14.4 TD: 3
    Plays with one of the worst QBs in college football...SMH

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    22,133
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by RedandGold_35 View Post
    Sorry, I don't have a library of links to news articles and videos that I've seen over the span of VDs career here, but it has been said multiple times.

    Track speed is not football game speed, really hate to break it to you. Grass is not a track. Jerry Rice had a horrible "timed" speed on a track, but you'd never catch him on the field if he got ahead of you. Please stop trying to make everything track related.
    He just won't understand
    Quote Originally Posted by heimdog8 View Post
    I didn't want to throw this information out here. I was a 3 year varsity starter at QB in high school. I played quarterback in junior college as well. I was considering playing division 1 football as well but chose to pursue my career in business instead. However, currently I am helping train with Derek Carr from Fresno State get ready for his pro day and the draft. I am also working with Cody Kessler, the USC quarterback.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •