Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

Here is what can be reviewed and how replay works for 2014

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeICtvZCMAAwL5s.jpg

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BeIEPjHCcAAGixI.jpg

SCOREBOARD REPLAYS

Clubs will now have the right to show replays of all close plays on its ballpark scoreboard, regardless of whether the play is reviewed.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-16-2014 at 06:25 PM. Reason: No images please

vCash
    I'm reeeeeally surprised they're reviewing tags on steals and HBP.

Should be interesting to watch.

vCash
    God forbid they should get it right.

Maybe sometime in my lifetime.

Sigh.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash

Here is what can be reviewed and how replay works for 2014

You 'd still be waiting on a no-no if they did not get it wrong sometimes.
    "The 90 wins is about challenge. It's about changing the conversation. It's about framing questions for ourselves as to how we get there. So I stand by the notion that we need to get better, and in doing so we need to set concrete goals for ourselves so that we have sort of specific conversations among ourselves about how we're going to get there." -- Mr. Alderson

vCash
    I like that they are trying to get calls right, I want to make that clear. My only concern is that this might make games even longer. Sure, it might not bother some of us, but longer games is going to make it even harder to draw a new generation of fans to an already slow paced sport. Kids today don't seem to want to sit down and watch a game for 3 hours or more. At least not any kids I know.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GrumpyOldMan View Post
    I like that they are trying to get calls right, I want to make that clear. My only concern is that this might make games even longer. Sure, it might not bother some of us, but longer games is going to make it even harder to draw a new generation of fans to an already slow paced sport. Kids today don't seem to want to sit down and watch a game for 3 hours or more. At least not any kids I know.
    Yep.

40, 50 years ago, every team had one guy in the lineup who would step out of the box between pitches and the announcers would have fun singling him out. And probably every team had one pitcher who was a human rain delay. But the norm was always for the the pitcher to stand on the mound, get the ball back from the catcher, toe the rubber again, and throw the next pitch.

Same with the batters who rarely moved their feet between pitches unless they were knocked down. The game had a certain pace to it, even for a game that could still be characterized as slow, but they could still get a game finished in under 2 hours.

Now, every batter needs his TV time. And if the batter is going to step out of the box, what would you expect the pitcher to do too?

What's really frustrating is that this is so easy to fix. Just call automatic strikes on every batter that steps out of the box without permission and automatic balls on every pitcher who walks off the mound. Problem solved. Two-hour games are back,

Thing is, baseball doesn't want 2 hour games. That's less time to sell ridiculously overpriced concessions. Long games equal more money and more time, I suppose, to get in the commercials and the sponsors.

As far as the blown calls go, Mr. Grumpy, I must disagree you, courteously. I don't think they're trying to get the calls right. If that's what they wanted, they'd forget about things like challenges and reviews and just put an extra ump in the booth to confirm or overturn -- instantly -- every call on the field.

No, they're not trying to get it right. Just trying to add drama.

We don't need drama. We need accuracy.

And less wasted time.
    Last edited by fanofclendennon; 01-18-2014 at 12:53 PM.
    "Mr. Martin Tanner, Baritone, of Dayton, Ohio made his Town Hall debut last night. He came well prepared, but unfortunately his presentation was not up to contemporary professional standards. His voice lacks the range of tonal color necessary to make it consistently interesting. Full time consideration of another endeavor might be in order."

vCash
    I don't think they should use umpires for the reviews if they are going to do it in NYC, they should have a seperatly trained rule experts of some kind.

I also think 1 manager challenge per 3 innings and consistent rules for all innings and not just the first 7 would be better....baby steps I suppose.
    Striving for a kinder, gentler PhillyFaninLA