Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

vCash

IGT: Nashville Predators vs. Philadelphia Flyers

Time: 7:00pm
    Place: Wells Fargo Center

Game Notes:

- Nashville has been bringing on water as of late, though they are coming off of a win against CGY.
    - Shea Weber will play his first game against the Flyers since the attempted poison pill contract.
    - Dubnyk was acquired yesterday by Nashville but Hutton will make the start tonight.
    - Flyers coming off of a comeback win against the Sabres in Buffalo on Tuesday.
    - Vinny Lecavalier scored his first goal in 13 games when he potted the game winner on Tuesday.
    - Downie is a game time decision tonight after being a healthy scratch the last 2 games.
    - Hartnell, Simmonds, and Voracek are looking to continue their hot play.
    - Flyers won the previous meeting this season in Nashville.

vCash
    That period went from dominant to dominated.

Flyers need to start skating again.

vCash
    The refs slammed us back into our heels with those calls. I don't know how they missed that checking from behind against Gaustad. Timonen's hit was a little worse looking, but some of that falls on Josi for positioning himself in a vulnerable position. We should've been on the powerplat though, so we never would have faced a 5-on-3.

Doesn't matter though now. It is what it is.

G H O S T B E A R

vCash
    This feels a lot like a game we play well and end up losing. Seems they've been doing a lot of the other. Getting a lot of good chances though. Hopefully they can keep it going.

vCash
    This throw-back Mez is nice. I like him.
    #ClutchTime

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 1908_Cubs View Post
    This throw-back Mez is nice. I like him.
    Mez played an awesome game...offensively atleast, great to see.

vCash
    i thought we were VERY lucky to steal a point at home

we lost almost all the puck and board battles for the entire game (excluding the first 10min and last 2min of the 2nd and 3rd) ... we were virtually dominated by Nashville's speed and forecheck ...

Mez played one hell of an offensive game, and we would have lost without him ... kimo played poorly the entire game (last shot of the 3rd period notwithstanding) ... coburn gets flustered SO easily on an aggressive forecheck

Simmonds is carrying us right now, feed the horse ...

this defense needs some fresh blood (and 1 more guy with speed), badly

luke schenn is the definition of a C+ ... nothing more, nothing less ... doesn't show any flashes of more either ... scary stuff ... JVR keeps getting better ... putrid trade

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by castan_b View Post
    i thought we were VERY lucky to steal a point at home

we lost almost all the puck and board battles for the entire game (excluding the first 10min and last 2min of the 2nd and 3rd) ... we were virtually dominated by Nashville's speed and forecheck ...

Mez played one hell of an offensive game, and we would have lost without him ... kimo played poorly the entire game (last shot of the 3rd period notwithstanding) ... coburn gets flustered SO easily on an aggressive forecheck

Simmonds is carrying us right now, feed the horse ...

this defense needs some fresh blood (and 1 more guy with speed), badly

luke schenn is the definition of a C+ ... nothing more, nothing less ... doesn't show any flashes of more either ... scary stuff ... JVR keeps getting better ... putrid trade
    Frankly i think this is a misnomer that people have come up with because JVR has put up more points in TOR. Fact is JVR is still very sporadic in his scoring and dominance. He will still go through double digit stretches where he doesnt score and even seems invisible out there. The only difference is that he is playing with guys like Kadri and Kessel and getting top line and top PP minutes instead of 3rd line players and 3rd line minutes like he was for the majority of his time in Philly.

So lets not overreact to how "well" JVR is playing. On the surface, yeah, the trade looks to be heavily in TOR favor. Dig deeper, and youll find JVR is still just as sporadic and inconsistent as he always has been, he is just getting more playing time with high skilled players. Anyones numbers would get better given that chance for an entire season.

Luke is 24 years old. I know hes been in the league a long time for someone his age, but its not his fault TOR rushed him to the bigs.

So lets not act like JVR has turned the corner and we got stuck with Luke. It simply isnt true at this point.

vCash
    mez is an offensive dynamo right now