Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

View Poll Results: How do you rate the Crawford Trade?

Voters
15. You may not vote on this poll
  • A- to A+

7 46.67%
  • B- to B+

7 46.67%
  • C- to C+

0 0%
  • D- to D+

1 6.67%
  • F

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    vCash

Dubs fans, how do you rate the Crawford trade?

Vote in the poll and comment on why you like/dislike/don't care for the trade. I'm intrigued to see how people feel about it and what the general consensus is.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Jordan
    "Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships".

vCash
    I give it a B-

Reasons? I'll just quote another post I made earlier, but to sum it up, we (hopefully) fixed the problem with the lack of offense from the bench and the front office managed to do it without giving up much.

The reason it's not higher is because I'm not convinced it puts us over the top and because although Crawford has been playing well this season, he's still a streaky shooter, struggles with man on man defense and has been prone to turning the ball over recently, however, this is still a massive upgrade over Douglas.

Quote Originally Posted by Goose17 View Post
    1. It makes perfect sense. Our bench is the WORST IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE when it comes to offense. Let that sink in for a minute, Milwaukee, Utah, Sacramento, all of these bottom feeders have a better bench than we do when it comes to offense. We desperately needed a scoring punch off the bench and Crawford fills that role perfectly, one of our biggest weaknesses has just been strengthened.

2. Crawford has been less selfish than he was in previous seasons. He's 15th in the league in assist to turnover ratio which is better than both Tony Parker and John Wall. He's not great at running the offense but he's vastly improved and more than capable of doing it for short bursts off the bench if Curry and Dre are resting. He's been consciously attempting to get everyone involved in Boston, there's no reason to think that won't continue.

3. Not clutch? Who cares? He's coming off the bench to score, he's not going to be taking game winning shots, leave that to the elite guys on our roster like Curry and Dre that have been doing it all season long. And FYI he's pretty decent in the clutch this season, in fact, he has an eFG% of .560 in the clutch.

4. Crawford is having a career year, have you watched him play this season at all?

5. Crawfords contract has a QO but if it doesn't work out we can let him go at the end of the season and pick up someone else instead (I don't think we'll be able to afford him then anyway, he'll want paid).

6. Are you seriously saying you don't think he's a good pick up? We traded almost nothing and fixed one of our biggest issues and got a young prospect in Brooks. Say what you like about Crawford, it's an upgrade over Douglas, even if he can't play defense, we already have a great defensive line up, we need the scoring off the bench.

7. Nobody is saying this makes us champions, it just fixes one of our biggest issues and makes the team stronger and deeper. Crawford is streaky and recently has been turning the ball over, plus he can't play man on man defense very well but hey, it's still a big upgrade over Douglas, it fixes one of our biggest weaknesses and it cost us next to nothing. It was a smart move.
    Continue to believe Jackson is not the right man for this job. All I ask is that while you're at it, please demand Curry be traded as well. Because if the goal is to revert to the ways of Warriors teams past—building up something special and then destroying it immediately—we may as well go all out. No reason to half-*** it.
    Truth^

vCash
    I give it a B-

Reasons? I'll just quote another post I made earlier, but to sum it up, we (hopefully) fixed the problem with the lack of offense from the bench and the front office managed to do it without giving up much.

The reason it's not higher is because I'm not convinced it puts us over the top and because although Crawford has been playing well this season, he's still a streaky shooter, struggles with man on man defense and has been prone to turning the ball over recently, however, this is still a massive upgrade over Douglas.
    It's kind of early to give an official grade on the trade- I mean- LOL do we even know what jersey numbers these guys will be wearing?

Anyway- to respond to your comment.The trade looks to be a great move for the warriors. Neither of these players are pefect players, but they werent brought in to carry the warriors- just add some spark to the bench. It would be nice if we got more consistency and better defense, but considering where are bench has been this season and the fact that we gave up nothing really. If these guys can come out on the floor and play atleast 10-15 minutes a night without it being a disaster on the +/-. It should help the starters a lot. If it doesnt work out- atleast we have time to make another move and its hard to imagine it hurting the team at all.

They are young and hopefully still developing a role in this league. I dont know much about the charecter of these guys though.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by likemystylez View Post
    It's kind of early to give an official grade on the trade- I mean- LOL do we even know what jersey numbers these guys will be wearing?

Anyway- to respond to your comment.The trade looks to be a great move for the warriors. Neither of these players are pefect players, but they werent brought in to carry the warriors- just add some spark to the bench. It would be nice if we got more consistency and better defense, but considering where are bench has been this season and the fact that we gave up nothing really. If these guys can come out on the floor and play atleast 10-15 minutes a night without it being a disaster on the +/-. It should help the starters a lot. If it doesnt work out- atleast we have time to make another move and its hard to imagine it hurting the team at all.

They are young and hopefully still developing a role in this league. I dont know much about the charecter of these guys though.
    I pretty much agree with everything written above and I was going to say something similar.

This was a great trade considering we haven't seen Crawford suit up yet and we gave up virtually nothing to gain something of vital necessity. ill give it an A
    Last edited by COOLbeans; 01-16-2014 at 03:36 PM.

she says go for the championship

vCash
    It's kind of early to give an official grade on the trade
    An official grade? You realise this is an irrelevant forum that nobody other than its members even knows about. There's nothing official about this lol

And I'm not asking to evaluate it like you would evaluate a draft class ten years later. I'm asking, right now, in this very moment, how do you rank it? I don't see why it's too early, I mean we know who the players are, how they've been playing, what they're capable of and their history. We know who and what we gave up, how is it too early to evaluate the trade as it is on paper? We don't know how it will turn out, obviously, that's just speculation, but we can make a relatively educated guess. Pretty much everything we talk about in here is either hindsight evaluation or pure speculation.
    Truth^

vCash
    An official grade? You realise this is an irrelevant forum that nobody other than its members even knows about. There's nothing official about this lol

And I'm not asking to evaluate it like you would evaluate a draft class ten years later. I'm asking, right now, in this very moment, how do you rank it? I don't see why it's too early, I mean we know who the players are, how they've been playing, what they're capable of and their history. We know who and what we gave up, how is it too early to evaluate the trade as it is on paper? We don't know how it will turn out, obviously, that's just speculation, but we can make a relatively educated guess. Pretty much everything we talk about in here is either hindsight evaluation or pure speculation.
    fair enough, from the details of the transaction- the trade looks like a quality move from a good GM. How much better it actually makes us- I dont have enough information to make an educated guess. The trade appears to be very unlikely to have any possible downside. Contracts dont hinder the warriors, and the players both still have some upside. I believe we will get better because of it, and it will make the next couple weeks interesting for us as fans.

I know its not official- but at this stage. I think asking for comments would have been more appropriate that a letter grade.
    A role model if I ever knew one

vCash
    I know its not official- but at this stage. I think asking for comments would have been more appropriate that a letter grade.
    Fair enough, I feel you can still grade trades as they happen based on how they look on paper. I'm not saying they're guaranteed to be accurate, but it can still be discussed. I mean if Al Jefferson was traded for Lebron James I'm pretty confident I could put a letter grade on the deal for both teams before they've even shook hands. That's a gross exaggeration obviously but you see my point? We know how things look on paper, whether or not it actually turns out like that is a whole other issue.

One of my worries with Crawford is how much he's been turning the ball over recently, we really don't need anyone else turning the ball over at a high volume.

I'm not convinced by Brooks, but I haven't seen much of him since he left Brooklyn.
    Truth^

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    A B, it was a solid trade and cost us nothing, but an A is reserved for knock you down good deals and/or acquiring a superstar.

But that's just an initial reaction. We really won't know until the seasons over at least.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    The trade looks good on paper but I don't know enough about either player to comment any further.

It would be nice to find a team that needs a bench clown and is willing to give up a lock-down defender. I was hoping Bazemore would grow and mature but so far...not so much.

vCash
    Best trade in Warriors history.

Possibly one of the best trades in the the NBA of the last 20 years.

vCash
    All jokes aside, solid move for the Warriors. Love the trade and I would give it a solid B at this point in time.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BrandoCommando View Post
    Best trade in Warriors history.

Possibly one of the best trades in the the NBA of the last 20 years.
    Even though I know youre joking...

B Diddy for Speedy Claxton.

or

Dunleavy/Murphy for Jackson/Harrington

GOLDEN STATE WARRIORS
    "From the stomach at birth, till I'm under the earth."

#DUBSUP

vCash
    The best trade technically was for Iggy. Then Bogut. Then BD

vCash
    When you are grading a trade of the 4th guy off the bench for the 4th guy off the bench the scale of A to F has to be between the best 9th man in the NBA and the worst 9th man in the NBA. If an A is trading a little cash for Lebron then everything is an F.

Using the scale of 9th players on a roster I give this an A-

vCash
    Sound logic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast