Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast
    vCash

2014 Bruins Trade Deadline Thread

Let's keep the trade talk here.
    Feeling left out in society? Are you that kid? The Bruins forum can help you.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

PSD Bruins Hall of Fame Class of 2010

Yeti FTW

vCash
    I've heard Chris Phillips' name being thrown around and honestly, I would love it. He fits the mold perfectly. While not as "good" as Seidenberg, I feel like he would replace him adequately. Hopefully the B's style can make him a little more physical than what he is now.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Phillips is a great choice too IMO

lol, small kid got tripped by a tuba player

vCash
    Haven't seen that from any reputable sources.

Phillips has been slowing down the past 3 years. Any interest from Chia is most likely him doing his due diligence on his former Sens players like he did with Redden.

Where the Sens are right now: 0% chance he gets traded

vCash
    Not really a rumor, hence "name being thrown around."

Fans and some beat guys have suggested Phillips as a possibility because of PC's ties in Ottawa and him being a left-handed shutdown guy.

Should Ottawa fall off the map a bit before the deadline, I think he becomes available.

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/ho...e-sense-bruins

I liked this article from Bean.

PSD's Zdeno Chara

Yeti FTW

vCash
    Phillips makes a ton of sense this year even though he is on the decline. He's exactly what we need. We need a penalty killing defenseman... Ala Chris Phillips

vCash
    Couple names that are being shopped and one that could be available....

Simon Despres (PIT) - Rumors are some within the organization are souring on him. Trade speculation will mount as they may be higher on prospects Derrick Pouliot, Scott Harrington and Brian Dumoulin.

Keith Aulie (TBL) - Not sure he can make the immediate impact like we're looking for in sides, but he's a guy that's been linked to the B's before

Ryan O'Reilly (COL) - Can play C/W and good in all three zones. He's a RFA at the end of the season and probably going to be in the $5+ million range. The biggest downside is RORY will cost assets and money. With the depth at the forward position he's not likely to land here, but the B's will have an opening for #1RW after the season.

OneMan's trying to steal Orpik from me

vCash
    Despres is awesome, he just doesn't seem to like being in Pittsburgh. We definitely don't need a forward, so ROR is useless. Even though Despres goes against everything I've said we need, I'd love to get him, just because of his potential ceiling.

vCash
    Despres at his best doesn't seem to bring the same impact as Buff?

None of those guys tickle my fancy other than O'reily who we don't need at all.

vCash
    Bruins are good at forward they need a good shutdown d-man to replace Seidenberg. M Stuart,C Phillips,Sekera are guys i would target since they fit what the Bruins do defensively and wouldn't cost much to get

vCash
    Brian Rafalski

vCash
    Despres offers more potential from the defensive side than buff ever will now. And that's not saying much

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaiza View Post
    I've heard Chris Phillips' name being thrown around and honestly, I would love it. He fits the mold perfectly. While not as "good" as Seidenberg, I feel like he would replace him adequately. Hopefully the B's style can make him a little more physical than what he is now.
    I'm a fan of trading for Phillips because he can play a lot of minutes and he's reliable. I really think it has to be a top 4 guy who will be UFA next year with the way out top 4 is basically locked up right?

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Price for a pending UFA, top 4 D? Mid level spec, and 3rd rounder? 2nd?

"I grew up in hockey, and I appreciate the game and respect the game, and I want to play in a place where it matters." - Soupy

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by NeelyforPres View Post
    Price for a pending UFA, top 4 D? Mid level spec, and 3rd rounder? 2nd?
    Depends who it is. Phillips shouldn't be overly expensive. Probably a 2nd or so should do it.

Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast