Like us on Facebook


Follow us on Twitter





Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 47
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    593
    vCash
    1500

    Who can we afford?

    Please don't yell, but the only Packer free agent we should sign is Pickett on a low amount. Then sign Byrd and Orakpo. Sheilds will want too much money as will Raji. Hopefully with Tramons contract up next year we sign Jordy and Cobb to long contracts. Yes we keep Tramon this year and let him go next.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Location
    Tacoma, Wa.
    Posts
    576
    vCash
    1500
    No

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Bolingbrook, IL
    Posts
    5,891
    vCash
    1500
    Byrd and Orakpo isn't realistic at all. We have something like 17 free agents and 8-9 rookies to sign. Obviously we won't resign all 17 but we need a good chunk of those (and hopefully Shields is one of them) There is no way we can spend that much money on two free agents, especially not Orakpo because he will sign a contract a little bit under what Clay got and that is way to much money to put into the OLB position.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    1,109
    vCash
    1500
    Jarius Byrd would be a great signing. I won't hold my breath though, status quo will likely continue.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    3,273
    vCash
    500
    ok so you say we shouldn't re-sign shields? who is gonna play corner? most people on this forum want tramon gone we don't know what Hayward is gonna do after being gone for almost the full year due to injury people are upset with micah hyde and davon house and no one wants to see bush on the field. byrd is a possibility orakpo probably is not.

    There is money to give Shields a good contract and I think re-signing him would have to be priority
    Last edited by PackerBum9786; 01-16-2014 at 03:20 PM.
    Eddie Lacy


    Carries:284
    Yards: 1178
    Yards/Game: 78.5
    Average: 4.1
    Touchdowns: 11
    Catches: 35
    Yards: 257

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    18
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Please don't yell, but the only Packer free agent we should sign is Pickett on a low amount. Then sign Byrd and Orakpo. Sheilds will want too much money as will Raji. Hopefully with Tramons contract up next year we sign Jordy and Cobb to long contracts. Yes we keep Tramon this year and let him go next.
    I'd go after Alex Mack before I went after Orakpo. EDS is a FA, and Mack would be a huge upgrade anyway. But, I'd probably choose resigning EDS and signing Byrd if given the choice. We probably can't afford 2 high priced FA's. However, getting Shields locked up should be priority #1, we will probably end up franchising him though. Other than Shields , if we sign either Byrd or Mack, I'll be happy. T.J. Ward is also a FA.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    lil **** town in michigan
    Posts
    101
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Please don't yell, but the only Packer free agent we should sign is Pickett on a low amount. Then sign Byrd and Orakpo. Sheilds will want too much money as will Raji. Hopefully with Tramons contract up next year we sign Jordy and Cobb to long contracts. Yes we keep Tramon this year and let him go next.
    Being real TT probably resigns as many of his guys as possible,which makes it doubt full he goes F.A.,that said Byrd would be ideal,safety huge sore spot...Orakpo to pricey for this team...and mack nice but to be real the oline as good as its been in a while plus bulaga coming back..the de a much bigger priority....shields def biggest priority imo as far as there free agents..still young and really coming into himself.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    18,553
    vCash
    785
    I hope we keep Tramon. He was playing great the last month or so and we need VETS!!!!!! I think we will resign shields and let Raji go. Hope we resign Picket for the vet min. I doubt we will get Byrd and def not Orakpo.
    My 2014 Adopted Packer: Blow Job Raji




  9. 01-16-2014, 07:38 PM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Baiting/Response to a deleted post

  10. #9
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    behnke's bed
    Posts
    83,165
    vCash
    1777
    Here's my take.

    A. You have to resign Shields. If you don't, you create a massive problem. We don't need to create more problems.

    B. You have to hope Tramon restructures (or you release resign, whatever) to the market value. It's just not realistic to pay him that money.

    C. I like 'Rak but if we're going to be players in FA, it's not going to be at a position where we have 2 1st rounders penciled in as starters. We know how fiscally tight Ted is, so just the idea of that in itself makes it way over the moon for him. But I actually agree with him.

    D. If we really did (I don't think we did) offer Raji 8 mil per, we must have 8 mil per available while still being able to keep Shields, Cobb, Nelson going forward. I have to believe that was set up that way. So.....I would imagine....we can fit a free agent in...that's 8 mil per. Which happens to be about Byrd's number and the position that we need the most and makes the most sense for us to sign in FA since we need one who can play NOW. Not in 3-4 years like it took with Nick to become a star.

    E. In a quick reply to GreenReign: I LOVE Alex Mack but I don't see it being a place I'm going to shell out the coin. We're in a decent, not great cap situation. I don't need to spend over the moon from G to other G. Our interior has fared too bad. I think EDS is going to be cheaper than people expect. And TJ Ward will almost certainly be franchised. There's absolutely zero excuse for CLE to let him hit open free agency.
    [QUOTE=det32;28757687]assuming you where going to say something about me being "harsh" or "hatting" on Wilson.. i hate to brake it to you but he is a "borderline starter" at best.. my 20th- 25th QB.. that's not hating that's just being real.. /QUOTE]

  11. 01-16-2014, 07:49 PM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Baiting/Response to a deleted post

  12. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    iowa
    Posts
    3,273
    vCash
    500
    Quote Originally Posted by TheBigCheese12 View Post
    While i agree with you there is no need to talk to people like that. Holy **** man calm the eff down.
    agreed keep it peaceable
    Eddie Lacy


    Carries:284
    Yards: 1178
    Yards/Game: 78.5
    Average: 4.1
    Touchdowns: 11
    Catches: 35
    Yards: 257

  13. #11
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    1,167
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by Pcs Papa View Post
    Please don't yell, but the only Packer free agent we should sign is Pickett on a low amount. Then sign Byrd and Orakpo. Sheilds will want too much money as will Raji. Hopefully with Tramons contract up next year we sign Jordy and Cobb to long contracts. Yes we keep Tramon this year and let him go next.
    So let me get this straight, you want to let our 2 best CB's walk because you don't want to spend money there. Instead, you want to spend big money on 2 wr's. So instead of spending money on probably the most difficult to acquire position, you want to spend it on the most easily replaceable one? I'm glad you're not our GM.

  14. 01-16-2014, 11:13 PM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Baiting/Response to a deleted post

  15. 01-16-2014, 11:19 PM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Baiting/Response to a deleted post

  16. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    214
    vCash
    1500
    my wish list if fiscally possible...
    Shields
    Jolly
    Restructure Tramon
    Picket on the cheap

    possibilities if the above fall through and TT changes it up a bit;
    Byrd or Ward or anything available that's better than what we have at safety...or
    lastly would be a "corner", but this would also accomplish safety we'd move Hyde to safety, so a big time corner (if one exists) would make Hyde moveable and I believe he'd excel there... any thoughts on a corner available with potential, we could draft one too, corners can excel as rookies...

  17. 01-16-2014, 11:47 PM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Baiting/Response to a deleted post

  18. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    lil **** town in michigan
    Posts
    101
    vCash
    1500
    Quote Originally Posted by NormSizedMidget View Post
    Here's my take.

    A. You have to resign Shields. If you don't, you create a massive problem. We don't need to create more problems.

    B. You have to hope Tramon restructures (or you release resign, whatever) to the market value. It's just not realistic to pay him that money.

    C. I like 'Rak but if we're going to be players in FA, it's not going to be at a position where we have 2 1st rounders penciled in as starters. We know how fiscally tight Ted is, so just the idea of that in itself makes it way over the moon for him. But I actually agree with him.

    D. If we really did (I don't think we did) offer Raji 8 mil per, we must have 8 mil per available while still being able to keep Shields, Cobb, Nelson going forward. I have to believe that was set up that way. So.....I would imagine....we can fit a free agent in...that's 8 mil per. Which happens to be about Byrd's number and the position that we need the most and makes the most sense for us to sign in FA since we need one who can play NOW. Not in 3-4 years like it took with Nick to become a star.

    E. In a quick reply to GreenReign: I LOVE Alex Mack but I don't see it being a place I'm going to shell out the coin. We're in a decent, not great cap situation. I don't need to spend over the moon from G to other G. Our interior has fared too bad. I think EDS is going to be cheaper than people expect. And TJ Ward will almost certainly be franchised. There's absolutely zero excuse for CLE to let him hit open free agency.
    Well said i agree with ya on everything here....and just throwing this in there i believe safety is the soul of capers defense...if they are going stay with his scheme safety must be addressed Imo...as It certainly seems the de took a header when collins was loss and woodson play declined.Everything from pass defense in the middle of the field to run stopping support outside has disappeared,not to mention the turnover's that were created from various schemes and strong coverage.

  19. 01-17-2014, 12:20 AM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Baiting/Response to a deleted post

  20. 01-17-2014, 12:53 AM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Insults/Response to a deleted post

  21. 01-17-2014, 01:45 AM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Insults/Response to a deleted post

  22. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    52,937
    vCash
    1500
    not re-signing sheilds would be incredibly stupid
    30 Team Stadium Checklist: 10 to go

    1) Yankees 2) Orioles 3) Rays 4) Red Sox 5) Mets 6) Braves 7) Phillies 8) Nationals 9) Marlins 10) Pirates 11) Padres 12) Astros 13) Mariners 14) Twins 15) Cubs 16) White Sox 17) Cardinals 18) Indians 19) Tigers 20) Royals


  23. #15
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Milwaukee
    Posts
    684
    vCash
    1500
    I think we have to keep Tramon and sign Shields... I think it would be in the best interest for the team and for Tramon to restructure as an extension, maybe that would be a good first step in showing a little veteran leadership he was talking about, and reduce his cap number... I just would rather Hayward playing in the slot rather than the boundry... I like the idea of working Hyde at FS all offseason, and maybe even House, to see what they offer... the thing that took Byrd a little off my radar is how he handled being tagged, it just didn't sit well with me, that's not leadership... Byrd's agent, Eugene Parker has said he's looking to make him one of, if not the highest paid safety in the league... if, and it's a big IF, Washington lets Orakpo walk, yeah, id like him, but then we'd have 22-24mil per year wrapped up in 2 OLB's, and the production was about the same, Orakpo vs. Neal & Perry combined... I have to say, I was really impressed at how Neal handled the transition to OLB... even though I like Mack, I wouldn't spend big money on him... and all three of those guys have a more than likely chance of staying with their respective teams, being franchised or resigned, they all have plenty of cap room...

  24. 01-17-2014, 09:29 AM
    Reason
    Disruptive/Insults/Response to a deleted post

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •