Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Wide Receiver Questions

If the Raiders were to draft a potential #1 WR, who would you guys want to start opposite of him?

Would you rather start Denarius Moore, Rod Streater or Andre Holmes? And why?

If we draft said WR, would you guys be open to trading Denarius Moore? And what would you trade him for realistically?

Last but not least, which potential #1 WR would you draft and where?

Me personally, if I had to draft a wide receiver(If Bridgewater and Clowney aren't available at the 5th), I'd trade back to the 15th pick for someone's 1st, 2nd, and 3rd rounders.

With that pick, I would draft Marquise Lee. I like Watkins but I feel as if Lee is someone I feel the Raiders need desperately. He can make defenders miss and we don't have that kind of elusiveness on this offense. I wouldn't mind drafting the strong burner in Watkins either but not with the 5th pick. I feel like NFL defenses would adjust to Watkins' game by keeping one safety high or various other schemes.

I'd also draft Kelvin Benjamin if we traded back a few times or if he drops to the second round.

What do you guys think? What would you do?

Oakland Raiders / Jason Kidd-Mavericks Fan Till Death

vCash
    IF we drafted a wideout who we wanted to plug into the #1...

Id take Holmes who showed he can make plays with sure hands, Streater who is a good route runner and our most consistent WR (both of these are bigger WRs) making Moore the odd man out.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    IF we drafted a wideout who we wanted to plug into the #1...

Id take Holmes who showed he can make plays with sure hands, Streater who is a good route runner and our most consistent WR (both of these are bigger WRs) making Moore the odd man out.
    I would think Streater is the #2 receiver while D-Moore is the slot guy. You don't need to draft a WR, either - I think that's true even if you sign someone like Hakeem Nicks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I would think Streater is the #2 receiver while D-Moore is the slot guy. You don't need to draft a WR, either - I think that's true even if you sign someone like Hakeem Nicks.
    This.

I think we still need a #1 receiver though. Nicks could be that guy and I wouldn't be opposed to signing him. We can then use the #5 pick on OL or DE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Switch View Post
    This.

I think we still need a #1 receiver though. Nicks could be that guy and I wouldn't be opposed to signing him. We can then use the #5 pick on OL or DE
    I like Jake Matthews, but the 'safe' designation on linemen makes me leery. Robert Gallery was 'safe.' Jason Smith was 'safe.' Jared Veldheer was a 3rd round pick. It's a total crap shoot.

If Jake Matthews is the kind of dominating linemen he's supposed to be, however, I'm not sure you could really pass him up. The "worst" case scenario is that Matthews isn't as good as Veldheer or Menelik Watson - so, in essence, the Raiders drafted the best LG / RG in the NFL at #5 - that's not a bad move, either, lol...

vCash
    Would you take a chance on Britt? He would come cheaper.

I am all in on Dline, Oline.. All great teams have a hefty front 4.

If we were to trade down, then I would entertain the idea of getting a WR. Watkins will be gone.

The guy from Mizzou, the dude from Fresno, Marquise Lee, Evans from A&M. I could see one of these guys hanging around the 2nd rd.and i wouldn't mind to use the hypothetical "extra" pick on one of them.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Shred003 View Post
    I like Jake Matthews, but the 'safe' designation on linemen makes me leery. Robert Gallery was 'safe.' Jason Smith was 'safe.' Jared Veldheer was a 3rd round pick. It's a total crap shoot.

If Jake Matthews is the kind of dominating linemen he's supposed to be, however, I'm not sure you could really pass him up. The "worst" case scenario is that Matthews isn't as good as Veldheer or Menelik Watson - so, in essence, the Raiders drafted the best LG / RG in the NFL at #5 - that's not a bad move, either, lol...
    No such a thing as a safe pick. I wouldn't even be against drafting Greg Robinson at 5. I think his ceiling is higher than Mathews and has more potential than him.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by blakersburris View Post
    Would you take a chance on Britt? He would come cheaper.

I am all in on Dline, Oline.. All great teams have a hefty front 4.

If we were to trade down, then I would entertain the idea of getting a WR. Watkins will be gone.

The guy from Mizzou, the dude from Fresno, Marquise Lee, Evans from A&M. I could see one of these guys hanging around the 2nd rd.and i wouldn't mind to use the hypothetical "extra" pick on one of them.
    I see nothing special about Britt.

vCash
    We need two more receivers. Moore and Holmes aren't starting caliber. Holmes is a good situational guy and Moore is extremely inconsistent. Trade Moore, Sign Nicks and draft Watkins. We would actually have a real set of wide receivers for the first time in over a decade. We can't keep settling for average players.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by oak18 View Post
    We need two more receivers. Moore and Holmes aren't starting caliber. Holmes is a good situational guy and Moore is extremely inconsistent. Trade Moore, Sign Nicks and draft Watkins. We would actually have a real set of wide receivers for the first time in over a decade. We can't keep settling for average players.
    What about Streater? I think Streater could make a good #2 receiver. Moore in the slot and either Watkins or Nicks as #1

vCash
    I dont know, Watching Holmes play in limited time this year , he seems like he could be solid.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by HawaiiStyle View Post
    I dont know, Watching Holmes play in limited time this year , he seems like he could be solid.
    I agree Styles, I think Holmes can beat out D Moore, assuming he stays healthy. I can't stomach the fact that Denarius dropped a key pass , once a game. Holmes can beat him out. imho

vCash
    Im not sure Streater isn't a #1 WR, If McGloin started from day 1 he would have over 1300 yards receiving. I kinda like our WRs, Watkins would make us dynamic at the position

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Im not sure Streater isn't a #1 WR, If McGloin started from day 1 he would have over 1300 yards receiving. I kinda like our WRs, Watkins would make us dynamic at the position
    I think it was less of him being a no.1 and McGloin not having another target

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sicknick12 View Post
    Streater is a good number #2 from what I've seen but I wouldn't doubt that he has the potential to be a #1. I like Watkins but I'm iffy at taking him at 5. I would rather trade down and look at guys like Kelvin Benjamin, Allen Robinson, or Devante Adams.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast