Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

Vikings hire Norv Turner as OC

Report: Vikings, Norv Turner “close” to agreement
    Posted by Josh Alper
    January 16, 2014, 8:27 AM EST

49ers coach Jim Harbaugh channelled Johnny Cash this week when he said that the 49ers have “been everywhere” over the last few seasons.

Norv Turner doesn’t wear all black, but he may also identify with Cash’s tune after working for eight different teams in nine different stops over the course of his NFL coaching career. It looks like he’ll be adding another team to the list.

Adam Schefter of ESPN reports that Turner is “close” to an agreement to become the offensive coordinator on new coach Mike Zimmer’s first staff in Minnesota. The Vikings’ interest in Turner was initially reported on Wednesday, shortly after Zimmer agreed to become the head coach.

One of Turner’s biggest jobs in Minnesota will be the identification/development of a quarterback who can lead the team more effectively than the Christian Ponder/Matt Cassel/Josh Freeman trio did in 2013. Adrian Peterson should feel good about the success running backs have had in Turner’s offenses over the years, although the lack of a better option at quarterback would hamstring the offense even with another strong year for Peterson.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-to-agreement/

vCash
    Lets get this **** rolling! We're potentially moving on from a staff that had musgrave and frazier to a zimmer-turner one! I cant wait for FA/draft

vCash
    Honestly if we cant get a qb in the draft, it'd be interesting to see what turner could do with freeman. I know people are gonna kill me for that lol

vCash
    Honestly I don't see Freeman coming back but you never know how a new regime might feel about him. Regardless I'm eager to see what this staff can do with a new QB. I don't think we are going to be some air raid team next season like some believe we will be but I do expect an uptick in passing. This offense still starts and ends with Adrian Peterson and I'm sure Turner is going to continue that trend. I think this move is going to pay off for guys like Cordarrelle Patterson, Jarius Wright and Kyle Rudolph. Really excited for next season!

vCash
    I doubt we bring Freeman back. I would say that same statement but replace Cassell

vCash

So happy with this!
    A famous quote on PSD, from the one, the only;

CCRider

I hate to break it to ya like this amigo but nobody here is really too concerned with what you want like or need....ok? If a thread isn't for you do like everyone else, walk on by...ok?

vCash
    I like this move. Hopefully the passing attack will be good. Just as long as we draft a good QB.

vCash
    I read that the Vikings have 97 million committed to players salary this year. That should leave them about 29 million in cap space according to the article I read. They have 21 free agents though. So we will have some work to do in free agency and the draft.

vCash
    Norv Turner is gonna have our offense putting up numbers

vCash
    Our offensive line will be under the gun when it comes to pass protection, one of my main concerns with Turner as OC.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Flash84 View Post
    Honestly if we cant get a qb in the draft, it'd be interesting to see what turner could do with freeman. I know people are gonna kill me for that lol
    Intriguing to say the least. It will be very interesting to see where we end up with our QB's. You have to think Cassell is the leader to be starter going into next season if he comes back (player option). Either Ponder or Freeman will be gone imo. It's still very hard to give up on Freeman though. The question will be this...would you rather risk a 1 year deal on a guy with tons of talent and showed signs of being good or deal with a guy that has limited upside but is much more stable.

Adopt-A-Viking: Harrison Smith
    Tackles: 23, INTs: 2, Sacks: 0

vCash
    I heard through the vine that it is virtually a done deal. Ownership just needs to sign off on it. Overall, I think it is an only decent move. With Turner we will at least be getting a veteran play caller. I am not convinced we have the personnel to run his air coryell system though.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mauer.400 View Post
    I heard through the vine that it is virtually a done deal. Ownership just needs to sign off on it. Overall, I think it is an only decent move. With Turner we will at least be getting a veteran play caller. I am not convinced we have the personnel to run his air coryell system though.
    I'm sick of our "pack everything as close as possible to make the 8 man in the box not really matter" offense. Spread this **** out and get our WRs open. Patterson/Jennings/Rudolph need open space, I think it's perfect for them. We just the need the QB.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by TearsOfPurple View Post
    I'm sick of our "pack everything as close as possible to make the 8 man in the box not really matter" offense. Spread this **** out and get our WRs open. Patterson/Jennings/Rudolph need open space, I think it's perfect for them. We just the need the QB.
    I agree. Turner knows how to run an offense. Can't wait to see what he does with CP84, Rudy, and Peterson.
    A famous quote on PSD, from the one, the only;

CCRider

I hate to break it to ya like this amigo but nobody here is really too concerned with what you want like or need....ok? If a thread isn't for you do like everyone else, walk on by...ok?

vCash

I'm excited about what he can do. He made the browns offense look pretty damn good this year.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast