Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

The Mets will not be on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball

http://metsblog.com/metsblog/mets-wi...to-start-2014/

The Mets are not scheduled to appear on ESPNís Sunday Night baseball through the first few months of the season, according to a press release issued by the network.

Itís also worth noting that the Mets are not mentioned in the press release, as opposed to years past when David Wright and Jose Reyes were often mentioned among the gameís brightest young stars. I assume Matt Harvey would have been mentioned, had he been healthy and pitching this season.

I always find this fascinating because this slate of games is always a good barometer for relevance in baseball. In short, based on the above, MLB sees the Mets as irrelevant and thereís only one way to get back in that clubÖ

By the way, itís worth noting that games after June 1 are typically announced just two to three weeks in advance of the broadcast, which is why they are not mentioned in the initial schedule released. This way, ESPN can leverage winning streaks and storylines for ratings as the season begins rolling.
    I don't really want to see the Mets on ESPN anyway, ESPN coverage sucks. However, I do wish we had a relevant baseball team. Hopefully in 2015.
    Quote Originally Posted by NYG+Braves
    Im a Braves fan and im scared to face Harvey way more then Strasburgh. Lol strasburgh dont scare me at all compared to Harvey.

vCash

The Mets will not be on ESPN Sunday Night Baseball

This means we have less awfully broadcasted games to watch.

More Gary, Ron and Keith. Less Joe Morgan.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GottaBelieve View Post
    This means we have less awfully broadcasted games to watch.

More Gary, Ron and Keith. Less Joe Morgan.
    I can see how little their games mean to you considering Joe Morgan and Jon Miller were replaced in 2010 .

Yeah this is a good thing, imo. ESPN sucks and they only considered the Mets for Sunday Night Baseball when Harvey was pitching. If it doesn't involve the Miami Heat, the NFL, A-Rod, the Dodgers, or their self serving bullcrap, they don't cover it.

The Mets still get their share of the national tv money regardless.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-16-2014 at 07:38 AM.

vCash
    LOL lets blame ESPN wow some of our fans just dont get it, the rest of the country and most of baseball think the Mets suck thats why they wont be on ESPN

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paletsgomets View Post
    LOL lets blame ESPN wow some of our fans just dont get it, the rest of the country and most of baseball think the Mets suck thats why they wont be on ESPN
    No one is blaming ESPN. The point is who gives a **** if they are on ESPN or not?

They put the Astros on for their first Sunday night game who won 51 games last year. If someone needs ESPN cover the Mets, it's only for the first couple of months. As they flex schedule after June 1st, they can put them on.

I'm happy ESPN can predict season outcomes btw. It really helped Philadelphia, the Angels, the Brewers, the Giants, etc being on Sunday Nights last year.
    Last edited by metswon69; 01-16-2014 at 05:04 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by metswon69 View Post
    I can see how little their games mean to you considering Joe Morgan and Jon Miller were replaced in 2010 .

Yeah this is a good thing, imo. ESPN sucks and they only considered the Mets for Sunday Night Baseball when Harvey was pitching. If it doesn't involve the Miami Heat, the NFL, A-Rod, the Dodgers, or their self serving bullcrap, they don't cover it.

The Mets still get their share of the national tv money regardless.
    HA! Completely true.

We'll Leave a Light On For You

Believers: METMANYAK, FoC, Gotta, WrigheyesMVP, Mr. Koobs

vCash
    Good, prefer GKR anyways!

vCash
    Good. **** ESPN. I miss Jon Miller and the way the pronounced "Beltran".

vCash
    I want to be a a relevant baseball team. So lets get on ESPN.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by paletsgomets View Post
    I couldn't agree more. I just think we might disagree on who these fans are.

This is absolutely not a reflection of how the rest of the country sees the Mets. It is more likely a reflection of how ESPN views the Mets. I also don't see anyone "blaming" ESPN because most of us prefer the games on SNY and PIX so we can have our own announce team.

The question is, who cares? The only thing that matters to me is what the Mets do on the field this season.

Also, these schedules change often during the season depending on what games look more relevant.
    Last edited by Mr. Magoo; 01-16-2014 at 04:15 PM.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    It's not ESPN or the Mets fault. I blame the fans.

TATAR SAUCE

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    I keep trying to tell you. It's society's fault.
    Let your plans be dark and impenetrable as night, and when you move, fall like a thunderbolt.
    -Sun Tzu

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo View Post
    Also, these schedules change often during the season depending on what games look more relevant.
    This is true, and as the article states the "omission" is only for the first few months, and not the entire season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsOfQueens View Post
    Good. **** ESPN. I miss Jon Miller and the way the pronounced "Beltran".
    I liked Miller but Morgan was like Jon Kruk without the crack. No entertainment value.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Magoo:27810986
    Quote Originally Posted by KingsnQueens7 View Post
    I keep trying to tell you. It's society's fault.
    I've learned well

TATAR SAUCE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast