Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    vCash

John Elway "Peyton doesn't get enough credit"

Just saw this on PTI that John Elway said "Manning doesn't get enough credit for his Super Bowl".

Are you kidding me?
    Last edited by RateSports; 01-15-2014 at 09:42 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by RateSports View Post
    Just saw this on PTI.

Are

You

Kidding

Me?
    He was pretty specific about what he was talking about. You conveniently left the subject out of your gratuitous attack. He said Peyton doesn't get enough credit for his SB win.
    Bill Parcells: "You are what your record says you are."

vCash
    Are you kidding me? All they do on the sports shows is talk about Peyton Manning for days and hours at a time.

As far as subroc's point even that is nonsense by Elway. Its a sword that cuts both ways. He gets ALL the credit... and also most of the blame.

vCash
    I find this hard to believe.

Wrestling & Bobcats Mod

vCash
    Lemme guess, John, Toyota and Honda are underrated automakers too?
    "...more talking went on between us all until [Roethlisberger and his entourage] left the bar. Then I seperated with [name redacted] and the other girls and went with another group, and everything else happened, and I was told about it this morning and felt I needed to give my statement. Looking back and hearing all of the details, it seems to me that it was a set-up, and so I think this needed to be told."

-Victoria Garofalo, Zeta Tau Alpha sorority sister, in a statement to the GBI

vCash
    It's some what true.

Peyton gets a ton of credit for being a beast. However the only way people slight him is talking about his playoff record and bringing up 1 SB win.

The guy is one of the greatest QB's to ever play. Yet you get the feeling people think he still has something to prove and it is talked about constantly. I mean I've heard it brought up that him winning one with the Broncos pushes the bar but, I felt like regardless the bar is that high on just how good Peyton was/is.

Winning does matter but, the playoffs are a whole different animal in football given that it is one game. Since 2002 the most games he has lost in a season was 6 and that was only twice. The rest of the years he never lost more then 4 games.
    Last edited by northsider; 01-15-2014 at 09:59 PM.

vCash
    You mean that postseason where he had a 70 QB rating.

Preparing for WAR! 5/3/14 Maidana vs Mayweather
    vCash
    Give me Elway over Peyton in the playoffs if i'm trying to win a championship.
    lol, please' top 10 p4p- Mayweather/Ward/Marquez/Pacquiao/Maidana/Rigondeaux/Froch/Cotto/B-Hop/Canelo
    Boxing fan? Come discuss Boxing!

"We are chasing greatness" Mark Jackson 3/7/14

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies:27808242
    You would have never said that during Elway's career. He was the previous generations playoff choke till he won his 2 bowls at the end.

vCash
    Elway was referring to the fact that everyone criticizes manning for his performance in the playoffs, and conveniently uses stats to try and discredit his super bowl win.....it seems to be mainly pats fans that do this.

vCash
    I can't say I disagree when it comes to this forum. Peyton Manning gets so much **** from those who get their panties bunched up by perceived ESPN bias (like anyone should actually be paying attention to that nonsense) that he has actually become underrated.

vCash
    He gets all the credit. No Payton = no Bronco's in the championship game.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by lolPhillies View Post
    Honestly the worst thing I have ever seen a smart poster say. Give me PManning throwing with his left arm over Elway.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Its quite interesting when it comes to PManning. He gets all the credit and all the blame when it comes to the playoffs in terms of the wins and losses from the media and general fan. Rodgers does as well to a point... But then guys like Brees/Brady get all the credit for wins and no blame for their losses. Tom Brady could throw the pick 6s to end the game and it would be everyone else s fault because of his win loss record. PManning could be gold and one little miss hap and he gets destroyed in the playoffs.

PManning has been pretty similar or somewhat better than Brady in the playoffs overall statistically
    Last edited by More-Than-Most; 01-16-2014 at 05:45 AM.

What was meant for me will be Mine once again... THE CHAMP OF CHAMPS IS BACK

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by mgjohnson7851 View Post
    You would have never said that during Elway's career. He was the previous generations playoff choke till he won his 2 bowls at the end.
    Yeah elway a teams were so good during those 3 Super Bowl runs. Elway was all that team had. That's why I put elway above Dan Marino and all those other legends. and I'm a homer. Lol

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast