Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    vCash

My Packers Mock Draft v. 1.0

Round 1:
    Austin Seferian-Jenkins, TE, Washington
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 266.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.60.

I am usually of the mind set that you shouldn't draft a player in the 1st to replace a player you lose in free agency, you're just not making your self any better. However, there are exceptions to every rule. I think C.J. Mosely, HaHa Clinton-Dix, and Louis Nix will be long gone by the time we pick. Also, ASJ is just a monster, I have heard people say he is Jimmy Graham 2.0, only a much better blocker. He would just make our offense all the more deadly.

Round 2:
    Tre Boston, S/CB, North Carolina
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 205.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.54.

I like Boston a lot. He's very versatile, is very good in coverage, and has shown playmaking ability. He would help to solidify the safety position. He can also play CB which is a pus.

Round 3:
    Andrew Jackson, ILB, Western Kentucky
    Height: 6-1. Weight: 265.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.72.

I am very high on Jackson, he is a very physical player that will come up and knock your head off. Our ILB's are average at best, both Jones and Hawk are finnesse players. We need some physicality from the LB position. Jackson is basically a more athletic Burfict or Bishop. Plus imagine the nickname possibilities. Just call him "The president of defense." Okay, it's a work in progress, but still he's a damn fine ball player.

Round 3 (comp):
    Daniel McCullers, DT, Tennessee
    Height: 6-8. Weight: 360.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.45.

We are probably losing Raji and/or Pickett, so we will need to find someone to man the NT position. McCullers is just a mountain of a man. He would help to improve our lousy run D.

Round 4:
    De'Anthony Thomas, ATH, Oregon
    Height: 5-9. Weight: 173.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.37.

My as well give Rodgers another weapon. Starks is leaving via free agency, so we will need to find someone to replace him. Thomas can line up in the slot or at HB. He's a very good receiver, and would provide lightning to Lacy's thunder.

Round 5:
    Tyler Larsen, C, Utah State
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 312.
    Projected 40 Time: 5.16.

Unless we sign Alex Mack or resign EDS we will need a new C. Larsen is one of my sleepers this draft. He can also play guard if need be.

Round 6:
    Aaron Lynch, OLB, South Florida
    Height: 6-6. Weight: 262.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.7.

The Notre Dame transfer underachieved last season, after dominating as a Freshman. With the proper coaching I think this kid could be a real steal.

Round 6 (comp):
    Tevin Reese, WR, Baylor
    Height: 5-10. Weight: 170.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.40.

If Reese slides this far, I think TT will jump on him. He would be a tremendous returner for us, and add yet another dynamic weapon for Rodgers.

Round 7:
    Jeff Mathews, QB, Cornell
    Height: 6-4. Weight: 229.
    Projected 40 Time: 4.78.

Mathews is a big strong armed Ivy League QB. So, he has to be smart, right? Plus we need to find a developmental QB. We could be patient and put him on the practice squad for a year, unless he outplays Flynn in preseason, which I doubt, but Flynn has been beaten out before.

vCash

vCash
    I've seen a lot of people/experts having ASJ as a second rounder so we might be able to snag him then or get that Fed dude from Iowa.

I wouldn't want to take Thomas that early.

Don't know a whole lot about those other guys

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewer94 View Post
    Put it in the draft thread like everyone else.
    shut up. seriously. we always let people put up their own mock draft threads then move them at a later date.

vCash
    As for the draft I don't like the Tight End from what I have seen of him he doesn't have a lot of speed he is listed as a biggg dude yet his blocking really sucks. I know there are some of the "experts" who have him ranked high I just don't personally see it and would rather pass and take someone else.

I really haven't spent time looking at Boston or Jackson.

I hope McCullers has improved last year when I looked at him he had his hot and cold moments where at one time he looked like a dominate guy then the next there was nothing. Otherwise he is a big body and has some talent there.

I am having a hard time seeing them bringing in another RB early consider we just took lacy and franklin and of course the team is high on Dujuan Harris so even if starks leaves we have those three and probably a late round or UDFA when we go into camp.

its funny I was actually talking to Norm about this the other day that if we take a center in the draft it is probably Larsen because of the fact that he is from Utah State and for some reason TT always brings in guys from the college in Utah. couldn't hurt to bring one in with EDS as a possible departure but we do have Tretter who we think probably is going to be a Center and we do have Van Roten as possible back up

Don't know much about Lynch yet but, a late round pick at OLB couldn't hurt for maybe depth or competition.

I like the pick of a WR granted I don't know much about the guy you chose but, there is just a strong possibility we take a receiver higher in the draft. we don't know if Jones will be back and even if he is we still only have jordy cobb jones and boykin which while a good corp still needs another piece to complete it.

as for the QB I don't know if we take one or not I think we take a long look at just resigning Matt Flynn to be our backup and maybe role with 3 qbs since they really like Tolzien.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBum9786 View Post
    shut up. seriously. we always let people put up their own mock draft threads then move them at a later date.
    Lol, this is the same way it's been for years. I don't know what bug crawled up your butt lately but I have news for you PB is doing fine. Wiss would have left this here. So would have socal.

You're never going to be a mod. Stop backseat modding when it's so unneeded. It's just as annoying as crappy threads in the wrong place.
    Quote Originally Posted by homestarunner93 View Post
    Gabbert is clearly the best QB package in this draft in my opinion.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.
    People take this guy seriously?

vCash
    Ted was all over Boston this week. Eyeing him in drills then went and talked to him after. FWIW.
    All in all, if the Panthers are going to select a QB, Gabbert has to be the pick.

vCash
    As for the draft I don't like the Tight End from what I have seen of him he doesn't have a lot of speed he is listed as a biggg dude yet his blocking really sucks. I know there are some of the "experts" who have him ranked high I just don't personally see it and would rather pass and take someone else.

I really haven't spent time looking at Boston or Jackson.

I hope McCullers has improved last year when I looked at him he had his hot and cold moments where at one time he looked like a dominate guy then the next there was nothing. Otherwise he is a big body and has some talent there.

I am having a hard time seeing them bringing in another RB early consider we just took lacy and franklin and of course the team is high on Dujuan Harris so even if starks leaves we have those three and probably a late round or UDFA when we go into camp.

its funny I was actually talking to Norm about this the other day that if we take a center in the draft it is probably Larsen because of the fact that he is from Utah State and for some reason TT always brings in guys from the college in Utah. couldn't hurt to bring one in with EDS as a possible departure but we do have Tretter who we think probably is going to be a Center and we do have Van Roten as possible back up

Don't know much about Lynch yet but, a late round pick at OLB couldn't hurt for maybe depth or competition.

I like the pick of a WR granted I don't know much about the guy you chose but, there is just a strong possibility we take a receiver higher in the draft. we don't know if Jones will be back and even if he is we still only have jordy cobb jones and boykin which while a good corp still needs another piece to complete it.

as for the QB I don't know if we take one or not I think we take a long look at just resigning Matt Flynn to be our backup and maybe role with 3 qbs since they really like Tolzien.
    From what I've read SFJ is a good blocker, he also runs a sub 4.6, how fast you expect a 6'6" TE to be lol? I hope we end up with Mosely or Nix, but unless we trade up I just don't see it. Also, if TT is impressed enough with Boston, an HaHa is gone I can easily see him taking Boston in the 1st then that 6'7" TE from Iowa in the 2nd . But who knows at this point.

As for the Thomas pick, theres a reason I put an ' ATH' after his name, he can play WR, HB, and even return kicks. Kind of in the same mold as Dexter McCluster. I can also see us taking a CB like Purifoy in the 1st or 2nd if we're sold on Quarless and Bostic moving forward. Can't go wrong with a 6'1" physical CB who has sub 4.4 speed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenReign View Post
    From what I've read SFJ is a good blocker, he also runs a sub 4.6, how fast you expect a 6'6" TE to be lol? I hope we end up with Mosely or Nix, but unless we trade up I just don't see it. Also, if TT is impressed enough with Boston, an HaHa is gone I can easily see him taking Boston in the 1st then that 6'7" TE from Iowa in the 2nd . But who knows at this point.

As for the Thomas pick, theres a reason I put an ' ATH' after his name, he can play WR, HB, and even return kicks. Kind of in the same mold as Dexter McCluster. I can also see us taking a CB like Purifoy in the 1st or 2nd if we're sold on Quarless and Bostic moving forward. Can't go wrong with a 6'1" physical CB who has sub 4.4 speed.
    I don't really read what other people have to say about players I watch games of them to get my own feel for them. And what I see of him I didn't like I actually did a write up on him in my draft prospect thread.

Thats fine with the ATH thing you up on Thomas but, I still am not sure of picking up someone like that. I still think TT has more of a height requirement of players he drafts and Thomas is obviously under it. also I would see him more as a RB and that goes back to my other post about him.

vCash
    Why? I like when people don't put mocks in threads. They are mocks, not necessarily some response to a draft. Once in the draft section they just get lost.
    NFC Here we come!

vCash
    you guys really think highly of yoursevles/// Greens mock looks good. and we dont have to go back all the damn time..... just get Vic beasley ... 2nd rd....

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBacker21 View Post
    you guys really think highly of yoursevles/// Greens mock looks good. and we dont have to go back all the damn time..... just get Vic beasley ... 2nd rd....
    Think highly of ourselves? Cause some of us don't like some of the players on his mock? This is a discussion forum ya know....Not sure if that's what you were getting at but it came across that way.

vCash
    My apologies.

vCash
    Tre boston in the second?

Yikes

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by PackerBacker21 View Post
    I'm not trying to be rude at all. What does this mean?

I really like this mock too. I will say this.

Cons: I don't like ASF a ton, especially that high. His character is a touch scary.

I don't see a huge role for Thomas but I wouldn't bad mad. Dri Archer is out there and a way to get that same guy cheaper. Just more injury concerns.

And then really on McCullers, I think he's just had so much exposure being a big freak. I mean he's not a bad player but there are definitely bodies out there like this man, as hard as that is to believe, and they don't get mentions. Someone will want him more than us but I think we can still find a cat like this in that region or later. Not a big con there at all.

Pros:

Every single other pick SCREAMS Packer to me. Like, all the way. Really well done my man.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast