Like us on Facebook

Follow us on Twitter

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Draft talk

vCash

Draft talk

Who are some prospects that you'd like Indy to draft? We have no 1st/4th pick, so the Colts are going to have to hit home runs with their 2nd/3rd round picks.
    #3in5

<3
    "[He's] a really complete player... There's not really any weaknesses to his game." - Bill Belichick on Andrew Luck
    "Vontae Davis looks like Bumgarner of the San Francisco Giants. He's throwing a no hitter out there tonight" - Jon Gruden

vCash
    Somebody who doesnt suck. I know Im asking alot but hey you never know.

vCash
    I said in some earlier threads that where Indy picks in the 2nd and 3rd are usually full of good players in an area of their need...

Safety
    Center/Guard
    ILB
    If winning isn't everything, why do they keep score?

vCash
    I know T and RB aren't needs but Seantrel Henderson and Storm Johnson could be steals.

vCash
    Lots of talent at WR this year. Probably can get a good player in rd 2. I sure wish we had that first rd pick so we could draft Marques Lee or Kelvin Benjamin, then a RB like Storm Johnson in rd 2. but yea if you dont recall we drafted 2 lineman last year so maybe we can go a different route this year. If we sign can sign Alex Mack hopefully we can get something out of Kalid Holmes at guard and Hugh Thorton will only improve.

vCash
    Difficult to make specific predictions given how low we pick.

Technically we have 2nd and 3rd round picks to start the draft, but in reality based on how low we draft those are really 3rd and 4th round picks. Hard to et excited about that unless Grigson trades up again, and at some point you have to stop doing that or your draft never recovers.

vCash
    If Montori Hughes works out. I am OK with a depleted draft class this year. I was over the moon for Trent and already came to terms with the lose of our #1 pick. We will spend and draft deep this year. I do NOT encourage trading up. Perhaps we should trade down if we can.

vCash
    It would be incredible to trade up or have hagemen fall to us, i think he could be the plug in the middle we have lacked, stranger things have happened but freak physical DT Specs usually dont see there draft stock fall heading into the draft haha

vCash
    This is easily the worst draft forum on PSD. Just b/c we dont have a first round pick doesn't mean this draft is worthless. I hope we can get some more hype generated after the Superbowl.
    It is essential that Grigs hits on our rd2&3 picks and I am expecting we target a WR, ILB, or DB. Many might suggest an OL but the trenches were heavily addressed last year.

WR is the deepest position in this draft and I think we can add a future starter to compliment TY and learn from Reggie. Ideal situation would be Cody Latimer from IU in rd3. He is flying under the radar and if anyone bothered to stay local with college football we know Latimer will be a great pro.

Because the WR class is so deep, I believe we will target a corner or ILB with rd2. Without a doubt the top target on Grigsons wish list right now is Loucheiz Purifoy from Florida. He is a tall press corner, great tackler, and causes turnovers. If Purifoy doesn't fall to us Chris Borland the ILB from Wisconson is described as a sawed off Luke Kuechly and he has drawn comparisons to Zach Thomas. He would be great next to Freeman in the middle.

Well those are some targets I have in mind. Lets get some hype started in here! After this offseason I expect the monster to be built and we are going to go Godzilla all over the league next year!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayman26 View Post
    This is easily the worst draft forum on PSD. Just b/c we dont have a first round pick doesn't mean this draft is worthless. I hope we can get some more hype generated after the Superbowl.
    It is essential that Grigs hits on our rd2&3 picks and I am expecting we target a WR, ILB, or DB. Many might suggest an OL but the trenches were heavily addressed last year.

WR is the deepest position in this draft and I think we can add a future starter to compliment TY and learn from Reggie. Ideal situation would be Cody Latimer from IU in rd3. He is flying under the radar and if anyone bothered to stay local with college football we know Latimer will be a great pro.

Because the WR class is so deep, I believe we will target a corner or ILB with rd2. Without a doubt the top target on Grigsons wish list right now is Loucheiz Purifoy from Florida. He is a tall press corner, great tackler, and causes turnovers. If Purifoy doesn't fall to us Chris Borland the ILB from Wisconson is described as a sawed off Luke Kuechly and he has drawn comparisons to Zach Thomas. He would be great next to Freeman in the middle.

Well those are some targets I have in mind. Lets get some hype started in here! After this offseason I expect the monster to be built and we are going to go Godzilla all over the league next year!!
    I think this forum actually has many patient and diligent posters on it when it comes to the Draft and Free Agency? It is way too early to start speaking about the draft seriously, imo, as the Combine, personal work outs and Juniors still on the fence about declaring await? Not too mention that the Draft was moved to coincide with allowing Major Free Agency to happen first, unlike years prior. Even Free Agency isn't established yet as there will be teams who cut players making too much money and re-signing their own Free Agents prior to True Unrestricted Free Agency. So a lot is still up in the air in regards to both Free Agency and The Draft.

I do agree though that where Indy picks in the 2nd and 3rd that there will be players capable of starting at WR, CB, Safety and Offensive Line....I would hope that a BPA approach would be taken regarding those picks and that Free Agency that precedes the Draft allows for that?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Wyld1 View Post
    I think this forum actually has many patient and diligent posters on it when it comes to the Draft and Free Agency? It is way too early to start speaking about the draft seriously, imo, as the Combine, personal work outs and Juniors still on the fence about declaring await? Not too mention that the Draft was moved to coincide with allowing Major Free Agency to happen first, unlike years prior. Even Free Agency isn't established yet as there will be teams who cut players making too much money and re-signing their own Free Agents prior to True Unrestricted Free Agency. So a lot is still up in the air in regards to both Free Agency and The Draft.

I do agree though that where Indy picks in the 2nd and 3rd that there will be players capable of starting at WR, CB, Safety and Offensive Line....I would hope that a BPA approach would be taken regarding those picks and that Free Agency that precedes the Draft allows for that?
    The deadline was January 19th. Nice diligence
    Last edited by Dayman26; 01-30-2014 at 02:44 PM.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Dayman26 View Post
    The deadline was January 19th. Nice diligence
    Lol, the combine and the personal workouts haven't even started yet so I guess you are speaking about the Juniors Declaring? It's hard to say as you bolded all of the aforementioned?

So touché *******

vCash
    Since this forum sucks so bad, according to some? I thought I would post what Walter Football has Indy taking in the 2nd and 3rd rounds as of their update yesterday: Side note, I am placing an over/under of 20 in regards to how many times these picks change with over 3 months until the draft...lol.

2nd round: Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin

The Colts need help all over their defense, including the linebacking corps, where the injury-prone Pat Angerer will be a free agent this March.

Pick change; previously Gabe Jackson, G

3rd round: Indianapolis Colts: Ed Stinson, DE/DT, Alabama

I mocked Datone Jones to the Colts for a while in the 2013 NFL Draft because they need a pass-rushing presence up front. That's still a hole they have to fill, as we learned by watching Indianapolis fail to pressure Carson Palmer in November.

vCash
    I will take the over on the above site and most well known Mock Draft sites.

vCash
    WOW. Calling people out about the draft BEFORE the Super Bowl! ***** Move.... Dude back the **** up!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast